Newbie in NZ

freakONAleash
Winch master

Newbie in NZ

Postby freakONAleash » Thu May 12, 2016 7:32 am

Good day Everyone,

I have been in this wonderful country for the past 8 months and recently bought myself a safari which I am enjoying. Now I would like to start fishing (fly fishing ). Is there any places that I can go to for training. I am out in West Auckland.

Thanks in advance!!

spanky
Hard Yaka

Re: Newbie in NZ

Postby spanky » Sat May 21, 2016 6:49 pm

welcome to nz,find a park or school field and with just a tiny swivel on to replicate the weight of a wet fly ,start practising ,once you got it working , start putting objects on the ground and getting the 'fly' right to them,use your elbow not your wrist .once you got that good you can head to a river or lake and start fishing. :D

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Re: Newbie in NZ

Postby kbushnz » Sun May 22, 2016 8:54 am

Welcome !
I like a bit of fly fishing myself when I get the chance, not so much these days,
In NZ you need a licence to fly fish and there are restrictions depending on time of the year and places...
Have a read of this website. http://fishing.fishandgame.org.nz/fresh ... ew-zealand
I am not sure of any schools per say but I am sure fish and game would have pointers on clubs or guides who offer services like that...
As for me I got a book from the library and headed down to my local school..... Just as spanky did.....
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

Return to “Fish'n”