which courier service to use

amboguy
Bush Crasher

which courier service to use

Postby amboguy » Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 am

Hi all. i've got some guns needing to be sent down to christchurch from auckland. 4 in total. any recommendations on a courier to use thats ok with sending guns and cost of course too

Pedro
Hard Yaka

Re: which courier service to use

Postby Pedro » Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 am

amboguy wrote:Hi all. i've got some guns needing to be sent down to christchurch from auckland. 4 in total. any recommendations on a courier to use thats ok with sending guns and cost of course too

suggest you go a gun shop and ask, looking at the nzpost web site weapons are prohibited from mailing, if they discover them and you sent them, nzpost can destroy them.

Leithfield
Hard Yaka

Postby Leithfield » Sun May 16, 2010 10:23 am

Fastway Couriers - have used many times; good price and excellent service.

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm

yup x2 with fastways. we use em at work. don't care about firearms at all. They aren't a hazardous good. I think pbt are sweet with em too.

amboguy
Bush Crasher

Postby amboguy » Tue May 18, 2010 2:52 pm

decided on toll holdings as could get a really good deal with them.

SMOKEY
Hard Yaka

Postby SMOKEY » Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 pm

This is not getting at anyone or any post in particular but so often on ORE people ask for advice, members take the time to answer and then the asking members go ahead and do it there way so why ask in the first place. This makes members like me who could often answer a question keep their hands in their pockets. And when it comes to money :shock:,

I HAVE DEEP POCKETS AND SHORT ARMS :wink: ,

FITZY.

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:27 pm

amboguy wrote:Hi all. i've got some guns needing to be sent down to christchurch from auckland. 4 in total. any recommendations on a courier to use thats ok with sending guns and cost of course too

Go into Hunting and fishing.

$25 for a rifle to go from Chch to Taupo (store to store). Just did this for my dad (trade me purchase) last week.

Was tempted to just wrap it up and courier it but if it got lost and turned up in a robbery or some one gets shot - who's in the shit? Are you going to report a rifle lost in the post to the cops (do you like having a licence for firearms?)? What if the package gets damaged and opened? What then (gets stolen/destroyed or handed to cops who ask you to explain), you lose again?

Not worth the hassle, use a proper service with people licenced to do this stuff.

My 2 cents worth.

Return to “Hunting”