Gun law changes?

mumbls
Hard Yaka

Re: Gun law changes?

Postby mumbls » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 pm

xj wrote:Just to throw it out there -
Theres absolutely no need for a person to drive 180kmh. So all cars capable of going that speed, or more correctly, all cars capable of going over 100kmh, need to be abolished.
Additionally, spoiler kits should be outlawed forthwith as, although cool looking, fitting them might make the driver think that they're in F1 or NASCAR, which will, in turn, cause them to drive dangerously on our roads.

Praise be the nanny state.

Heath, Im with you on the Zombies, you'll see me easy enough, I'll be the one with the multiple gunracks, moonshine flagons and confederate flags fitted to my 7.4L Silverado

XJ - Dissapointed, thought more of you than a nit picker red herring flasher an an off topic type. All well and good. Cars that do 180kmh arent designed to kill the driver.

Guns are designed to kill a target. FFS

I feel like a moron Jehova witness banging on the door of a mosque

I regret the day that NZ starts having massacres because gun owners were a little to proud. I will haopiily hand over my semi auto machines [ expect to be paid for them] if it makes NZ safer. FFS. Did you even read teh article on Stuff, it is from a massive pro MSSA or even MSA advocate.

not a hunter.

I will go fine with my old lee enfield .303.

We do not need guns that were designed to kill people in multiple numbers! Seriously, i do not know what to say, do you want to read about massacres at a wellington kindy over tightening up gun laws that allow 'civilain weapon' AK47's! to 16yr old licence holders?

Over an OUT

I will not enter in
drinking hatorgade

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:25 am

I`m more worried they are trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist...
To Boon or not to Boon.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am

Xj's got a good point about cars,

a gun that "looks" like an assault rifle, is still not an assault rifle. its still a sporting semi automatic, that has been dressed up.

just like a mr2 with a ferrari bodykit is still not a ferrari.

where not aloud assault rifles in nz, period.

but there is a major difference between a semi automatic and an assault rifle.

yes the military use semi auto's, but they also use bolt actions does that mean we shouldnt be aloud them too? be stuck with single shot crack open guns?

and no, as its said all over the place, guns dont kill people. people kill people.

i aggree with the whole argument of being able to conceal weapons being a mojor bad point eg folding stock, and of corse the bayonets and larger magazines, but how does putting your thumb through the stock, or a front foregrip change anything but the ergonomics of the gun?

muddy
Hard Yaka

Postby muddy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am

T-Boon wrote:I`m more worried they are trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist...

Or prevent a problem that doesn't exist in NZ yet....

The Police made a massive mistake years ago when they ditched the old system of registering ALL firearms and tracking ownership. Now they're trying to play catch-up. But that aside - there's no question that nobody outside the armed forces has any need for a fully automatic weapon with large capacity magazine. If you want one - then by definition you shouldn't be allowed one unless you join the Army and subject yourself to the appropriate training and discipline!

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 am

muddy wrote:
T-Boon wrote:I`m more worried they are trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist...

Or prevent a problem that doesn't exist in NZ yet....

The Police made a massive mistake years ago when they ditched the old system of registering ALL firearms and tracking ownership. Now they're trying to play catch-up. But that aside - there's no question that nobody outside the armed forces has any need for a fully automatic weapon with large capacity magazine. If you want one - then by definition you shouldn't be allowed one unless you join the Army and subject yourself to the appropriate training and discipline!

Well said. why did they get rid of that anyway, would solve alot of problems.

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:26 am

Muddy, to clarify - not one single person here is advocating the freedom to use a fully auto weapon.

Was thinking about the tracking regimin, and bought it up with the mountain safety people a while back. They reckon it was too hard to administer, when I offered the view that the thousands of cars in this counrty get tracked easily enough they didnt comment any further. On the flipside though, a mate did a bulk buy of ammo for several of us, and he got a visit by the lads in blue for the purposes of a "please explain", so they are at least keeping an eye on who buys what amounts of ammo.

I've had my say, some will agree, some will not, but either way us sitting here tapping keyboards wont make a jot of difference, fine print and wordplay in legislature and the courts will.

I'm with mumbls on at least one point... I'm outies.

Safe shooting y'all
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 am

Let's all slip back in time, shall we?

Let's use muzzle loaders for all sporting shooting. hell, let's use matchlocks whilst we are at it, too.

Several benefits accrue.

1.You WILL become a better shot.
    2 Less people killed by accident because of the short accurate range.
    3 More bambies will escape because of 2 above
    6 Only the police and the bad guys will, have cartridge loading guns
    5 less people will shoot because of the hard work and steep learning curve
    7 insert your own stupid reason here

We all know that it's NOT the gun, its the user, this debate is focused on the wrong premises.

What we need to do, and this includes Yankeeland, is change our society to not have KILL as our first response to having our desires thwarted.
To throttle the media response to "incidents" that feature a crazed looney boasting about a kill and rolling his mad eyes at the camera. Deny these wankers their 15 minutes of fame.

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 pm

xj wrote:Just to throw it out there -
Theres absolutely no need for a person to drive 180kmh. So all cars capable of going that speed, or more correctly, all cars capable of going over 100kmh, need to be abolished.
Additionally, spoiler kits should be outlawed forthwith as, although cool looking, fitting them might make the driver think that they're in F1 or NASCAR, which will, in turn, cause them to drive dangerously on our roads.

Praise be the nanny state.

Heath, Im with you on the Zombies, you'll see me easy enough, I'll be the one with the multiple gunracks, moonshine flagons and confederate flags fitted to my 7.4L Silverado

Yelling "Yeeee Haaaaa!!! as you drive through the shambling masses.

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Dirtydog wrote:Xj's got a good point about cars,

a gun that "looks" like an assault rifle, is still not an assault rifle. its still a sporting semi automatic, that has been dressed up.

just like a mr2 with a ferrari bodykit is still not a ferrari.

where not aloud assault rifles in nz, period.

but there is a major difference between a semi automatic and an assault rifle.

yes the military use semi auto's, but they also use bolt actions does that mean we shouldnt be aloud them too? be stuck with single shot crack open guns?

and no, as its said all over the place, guns dont kill people. people kill people.

i aggree with the whole argument of being able to conceal weapons being a mojor bad point eg folding stock, and of corse the bayonets and larger magazines, but how does putting your thumb through the stock, or a front foregrip change anything but the ergonomics of the gun?

Some more junk info:

Some time ago when the police got rid of their old Rem 700 bolt rifles they were destroyed as they were expolice/military weapons and therefore under some convention we were a part of (Hague perhaps - not sure - UN most likely). There were about 700 of them (some never fired) and the police couldve sold them on the civilian market for a good dollar but had to destroy them (at their cost).

Rifles of all types are designed to fire a small projectile at a very fast rate and to strike a target (not neccessarily a living one) with reliable repeatability. They arent designed to kill. Humans seem predissposed to kill with various implements. Knives are a good example as are cars and fists too.

My rifles kill paper now with a very small time hunting for the pot.

Guns dont kill people - people kill people.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Heath wrote:Guns dont kill people - people kill people.

wonder how many times this has to be said for people to get it?

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:57 am

To Boon or not to Boon.

Campbell.s
Driver/Navigator

Postby Campbell.s » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:44 pm

xj wrote:This shits just like the anti-smacking crap. It only stops the honest people. Decent parent might give their kids a clip when they need it (a whole seperate debate) whereas the fukn mongrels that were beating their kids senseless are still doing it. Gun control aint gunna be any different, the shitbags will still have the semis etc and will still get up to the same antics, but those of us who are responsible and law abiding will get more bullshit foistered upon us that we then feel obliged to follow.

I reckon they need to be getting rid of the soft air pistol and subbie replicas that any plonker can get their hands on at 18. At the end of the day, a shop owner or carjacking victim isnt looking down the barrel and contemplating the potential calibre of the black eye that is staring at them, theyre shitting themselves thinking they're going to be shot. Knock all those on the head first and see how things roll from there.

Couldn't agree more

fish
Hard Yaka

Postby fish » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:19 pm

hey you fellers might want to throw your weight behind this, find the link that makes a submission for you, need all the help we can get for this,
https://www.facebook.com/saveourpistolgrips

mudbugga
Hard Yaka

Postby mudbugga » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:26 pm

fish wrote:hey you fellers might want to throw your weight behind this, find the link that makes a submission for you, need all the help we can get for this,
https://www.facebook.com/saveourpistolgrips

http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 60&t=37412
:wink:

fish
Hard Yaka

Postby fish » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:29 pm

ha whoops,
i didnt see that,
make sure you like on fb. like it or not social media is the new voice these days

Return to “Hunting”