Greece lightning!

Taz
Hard Yaka

Greece lightning!

Postby Taz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:47 am

Hello from Greece.
Living it up on Thera at the moment in a wee two bedroom place right on the edge of the Caldera. If I had to describe the country in one word it would have to be EPIC. Loving the history and the crazy villages/buildings here and Athens and the view every morning out of out window.
Hightlights so far would be climbing the biggest of the hills in Athens and having a well earned beer while looking out over the city in the direction of the Acropolis and we also got stuck in an elevator on the first night for about 30mins. Turns out that it was only for 2 people and there were 4 of us in it, was funny as though.

Only negatives are that there is rubbish everywhere, like absolutely everywhere you turn some, and that they are farking insane drivers. I get over taken at stop signs because I actually stop and check for traffic where as the locals basically just burn right on through. They will actually pretty much over take anyone at anytime if they feel like it. Have seen some very close calls and there is a lot of mini churches on the side of the road which apparently they put up for deaths like we do crosses.

Haven't seen many 4x4's set up for offroading but there are a lot of little ones about. The trend on Thera seems to be Viatara's with big offset ali rims and highway traction tyres haha.
Anyway, I'm tired as from being in the Sun all day (oh yeah, so much for it being winter and needing lots of warm clothes. I'm sure its on the way but the weather has been primo so far) so its time for a pick me up beer and coffee then some harder local stuff that I swear is going to make me go blind.
The biggest meal of the day here is lunch which is at 2pm so its hard not to get sleeply afterwards, especially considering they eat like sumos to.

ImageImage
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

Taz
Hard Yaka

Re: Greece lightning!

Postby Taz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:52 am

Forgot to hit enter for one of the photos. Doesn't show up on my screen and I can't edit the post (button isn't there either)

Also, they have way to many pharmacys in Athens. You can usually see 2 or 3 from where you stand no matter the street and Thera has churches like Athens has pharmacys. We managed to get 6 churches in one photo without trying. Not all of them are public though, there is some sneaky way to build faster if you build one or something.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

Return to “Where in the world is ORE”