North queensland

Fakey
Hard Yaka

North queensland

Postby Fakey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Well finally sorted my log in issues.
I've been hanging round north Queensland (mainly mackay) getting all my induction courses out of the way so I can start working at various coal mines around the Bowen Basin.
I'm currently working out near Emerald but being a contractor I get moved round a lot so it's pretty good.
I've got a brand new hilux mine service vehicle to thrash, It had 500k on it when I picked it up an it only took me a week to get it up to 2000 k.
The roads round Queensland are generally rubbish, I thought Nz roads were bad but they got nothing on this place.
The number of cool patrols cruisers an hiluxs running round is amazing, they're everywhere :mrgreen:
Anyway that's it for now till I figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone
Didn't barbie drive a jeep??

taz01
Tazzles

Re: North queensland

Postby taz01 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:55 pm

bout time you surfaced dude ....good to here things going well for ya
WARNING:
Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

you can follow me, but its gunna hurt

Bolo
2XL

Postby Bolo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:48 pm

taz01 wrote:bout time you surfaced dude ....good to here things going well for ya

x2 , glad to hear you all good man , and i bet you wish you took your truck over there to show them how we do it over here and how they should be doing it :wink: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Your name is Bolo and it will stay that way until you have earnt the right to be called your real name........................ Bolo

nzhunter
Hard Yaka

Postby nzhunter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Hey man are you still working as a diesel mechanic?
I'm heading over there next year to work in the mines, long left TS now at Goughs to get some cat training before heading over
Good luck, some pics would be awesome

DAN
Landy SIIa winch truck- 350 chev powered, cruiser axles, 36" simexs - classic goodness
Hilux KUN expedition ute with all the bling

Fakey
Hard Yaka

Postby Fakey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

nzhunter wrote:Hey man are you still working as a diesel mechanic?
I'm heading over there next year to work in the mines, long left TS now at Goughs to get some cat training before heading over
Good luck, some pics would be awesome

DAN

Yeah man they call us fitters here cos really all were allowed to do is fit stuff. You'll love it over here 90% of the gear is cat. You'll have no trouble getting work as they just cant get enough staff an there are new mines starting up all the time. Only thing you need to keep in mind (if ya don't already know) is that from the time ya start all the induction courses to when ya actually get to start work can be round a month cos everything takes longer than they say it will. So ya need to be prepared to not be earning any money for that time.
If ya have any q's just pm me
Didn't barbie drive a jeep??

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am

Fakey wrote:The roads round Queensland are generally rubbish, I thought Nz roads were bad but they got nothing on this place.

haha we (MWH) got the job of sorting them out, the floods caused billions of $$$'s of damage. We'll be doing the design work and project management.
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

gimmemud
Hard Yaka

Postby gimmemud » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:59 am

I hope you like it hot and muggy :lol: :lol: cause it's about to get very toasty if last year is anything to go by.

wjw wrote:
Fakey wrote:The roads round Queensland are generally rubbish, I thought Nz roads were bad but they got nothing on this place.

haha we (MWH) got the job of sorting them out, the floods caused billions of $$$'s of damage. We'll be doing the design work and project management.

If you ever drive towards brisbane it's crazy how the roads get gradually better then once you're there they are mint.
1996 3.4V6 Surf that was suppose to stay stock
2013 6.4 litre HEMI V8 Chrysler 300

Return to “Where in the world is ORE”