visiting from scotland

farmerboy4
Stropper

visiting from scotland

Postby farmerboy4 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 am

hi everyone

im andrew, 20 a farmer from glasgow.
Got a challenge spec Suzuki Samurai, land cruiser 90 series and couple of land rovers.

just booked up to come to new zealand to surprise family in february, will be there from 8th onwards.
Hiring a motorhome and going to do the usual sight seeing but mud runs in my blood and would love to see how you guys do it. it will be mainly the north island we are on.

where would be best to find out what local events are on near christchurch idealy but will travel.

basics
Hard Yaka

Re: visiting from scotland

Postby basics » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 am

thats a bloody nice looking truck you go there.

enjoy your time in NZ, im sure some of the guys on here could take you for a spin in the mud.
99 pajero exceed 3.2

Mud Hog
Hard Yaka

Postby Mud Hog » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:00 am

Not many events at the moment as its the off season but I am sure there will be trips going, just keep an eye on here. Very nice looking Samari you have there.
GU patrol 35s ect.
Money and time pit Suzuki Build.

WRNGLR
Hard Yaka

Postby WRNGLR » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm

farmerboy4 wrote:hi everyone

im andrew, 20 a farmer from glasgow.
Got a challenge spec Suzuki Samurai, land cruiser 90 series and couple of land rovers.

just booked up to come to new zealand to surprise family in february, will be there from 8th onwards.
Hiring a motorhome and going to do the usual sight seeing but mud runs in my blood and would love to see how you guys do it. it will be mainly the north island we are on.

where would be best to find out what local events are on near christchurch idealy but will travel.

grab a copy of NZ4wd or 4x4 action or both, there is usually a list of events coming up like trips, trials dates, safaris etc, there is a fundraiser on the 18th of feb Danniverke to Herbertville $50 per person (must have 2 people per vehicle) BBQ lunch and Hangi Dinner provided, more of a sight see than a hard yakka trip, should be easy to do in standard shiney 4x4 I am told, maybe you could hire one for the day and come see some of the country
Yea, though I drive through the valley of death (and it's mudbogs), I shall fear no trail;for tho art modified is my rig, and thy lift kit and lockers they comfort me. Amen

farmerboy4
Stropper

Postby farmerboy4 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks for the welcome guys, my aunty sent me the off road mags for my christmas so ill have a look though them.

Return to “Where in the world is ORE”