Mid Atlantic Superyacht Rendezvous

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Mid Atlantic Superyacht Rendezvous

Postby Nivapulledout » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:29 am

So we are Crossing the Atlantic on the Superyacht I am Chief Engineer on and one of the yachts that is Crossing as well joined up for a hello. After 5 days of not seeing nothing but stormy seas (Hurricane season) it was a nice relief for both Crews.

Just thought a few of you might be interested. If not oh well it gives me something to do to kill the boredom.

Here is a couple of pics of the other yacht called Fortunate Sun. they are running MTU main engines and last night lost one engine due to Electronic problems. Not a good feeling to only have one engine with 2 tropical storms on the verge of forming with possibility of turning into hurricanes and no land for 1500 Nautical Miles.

Last edited by Nivapulledout on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Re: Mid Atlantic Superyacht Rendezvous

Postby Nivapulledout » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:35 am

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:27 am

cool job doesnt even start to cover it 8)
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

4WDbits
Hard Yaka

Postby 4WDbits » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am

badnuz wrote:cool job doesnt even start to cover it 8)

After 6 weeks at sea with no one but crew to talk to, no where to go other than the upper deck, the boat becomes very small. I sure don't envy those guys with an engine missing in action.

curly12
Hard Yaka

Postby curly12 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:10 am

4WDbits wrote:
badnuz wrote:cool job doesnt even start to cover it 8)

After 6 weeks at sea with no one but crew to talk to, no where to go other than the upper deck, the boat becomes very small. I sure don't envy those guys with an engine missing in action.

Yeah and then you get some owners who are great and some that are wnakers. The worse ones I found were guests of the owners.

Try spending 2 weeks with total tossers that you are on call to 24/7 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Farken homeless..................................

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Postby Nivapulledout » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:11 pm

All true, that is where Being an engineer helps, got somewhere to hide. Dont even see the owners unless something breaks, so as long as you can keep things from breaking all is good.

Shit hits the fan when it does though.

Modern Warfare 3 is helping alot to kill the time ha ha.

This will be my last crossing, after 10 years of doing it, nice quiet NZ and playing with my little truck sounds pretty good for me. ETA NZ for good 17 Dec. Cant wait. Just one last blow out in miami for good luck though :lol: :lol:

Return to “Where in the world is ORE”