Pilbara, WA

coop
Hard Yaka

Pilbara, WA

Postby coop » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:24 am

Gday thought I would post some pics up of my location about 1700km north of Perth, about half way to Darwin. Pretty much everything on the road is a Cruiser, Hilux or Patrol, most have been modified in one way. Might get lucky and see a Cummins dodge ram or Powerstroke F truck, the real deal.

Im a diesel mechanic and this is our workshop 1hz 70 series, probably the slowest thing I've driven, good for 115 on the flat with no head wind or 130 drafting a road train. Drinks about 20l/100km but still a cool rig 8)

This jappa is the call out truck, I had to go to a minesite 420ish km from workshop for a break down, it will sit on 120kmh on the way there but halve that on the way back due to cows bigger than the bulbar all over the road for 350km after sun down. Most road trains bump them off, this thing would be a write off.

Cruiser after one of the guys was on his way back from a call out and hit a cow at about 80kmh, took out the bulbar, door and guard, bent the rh chassis rail, a bit of a tweak and shes good to go, no WOFs over here

Breakdown 200km from workshop, 15 litre 620hp Cummins shits a turbo pulling 170 tonne in 40-45 degree heat.

bugger all of these back home, live axle 100 series ute, non turbo.

1hdt

We got a couple of these before xmas, v8 turbo diesel, farking awesome, nearly every second vehicle around here is eather the ute or wagon of these.

Yep the Hilux is 4wd and shes not photoshopped.

A company around the corner from us, 700hp Volvos, tri drive, planetry hubs and Volvo I shift auto. These guys don't give a #### and hold them flat everywhere.

One of our Western Stars, tri drive.

JK Wrangler 35s.

chrome
Hard Yaka

Re: Pilbara, WA

Postby chrome » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 pm

cool pics mate
DIRTY OLD HILUX
022 519 7700

Cambo
Bush Crasher

Re: Pilbara, WA

Postby Cambo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Good old Karratha is it:lol: Spent about 3 years there, working out at whim creek and also fox radio hill. There is some bloody awesome 4x4 spots nice and handy to you there but guess you have found them already!

Return to “Where in the world is ORE”