Wheel Spacers

Moderator: Vendors

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Re: Wheel Spacers

Postby Sadam_Husain » Sat May 07, 2011 8:43 pm

bigboar357 wrote:yep if u have them on and you have a accident and they on there and they not cert you dont get no insurance.i asked a friend who wife works for a insurance place.they wont pay out if they find anything rong or not ment to be on there without being cert

It probably varies claim to claim, my last approved claim the truck wof had been expired 2 years , Reg on hold for 1 year, defective vehicle sticker issued 1 year prior, last failed wof inspection showed uncertified body lift, rear disc conversion, beadlocks and oversize tyres

maybe it comes down to how vigilent the assessor is rather than policy?

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Sat May 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote:
bigboar357 wrote:yep if u have them on and you have a accident and they on there and they not cert you dont get no insurance.i asked a friend who wife works for a insurance place.they wont pay out if they find anything rong or not ment to be on there without being cert

It probably varies claim to claim, my last approved claim the truck wof had been expired 2 years , Reg on hold for 1 year, defective vehicle sticker issued 1 year prior, last failed wof inspection showed uncertified body lift, rear disc conversion, beadlocks and oversize tyres

maybe it comes down to how vigilent the assessor is rather than policy?

this is true but if the accident causes a death and the serious crash unit is involved, criminal charges could be laid, and also it is a more bad publicity against already blackmarked vehicle types.
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

muddyplumber
Spring Free

Postby muddyplumber » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:35 pm

have an 85 swb 70 series cruiser want to put spacers on it,will these fit?tried to buy some in town the other day but was told i couldnt get spacers for an 85 due to them not clearing something on the front hub,this true?Rich
BJ70 13bt creepys,beadlocks n not a straight panel

rangimotors
Hard Yaka

Postby rangimotors » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm

muddyplumber wrote:have an 85 swb 70 series cruiser want to put spacers on it,will these fit?tried to buy some in town the other day but was told i couldnt get spacers for an 85 due to them not clearing something on the front hub,this true?Rich

Have a talk to Dean, he ran them on his if you remember. Good to see you have another truck
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experiance!

ClassicCruiserSpares
Sausage Shack

Postby ClassicCruiserSpares » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:21 pm

I had them on mine, what size is the centre hole on the spacers? 108mm?
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40, front and rear lockers, 35" simex.
Toyota FJ45 build in progress.
Tires are like boobs, they always look big until you have played with them for a while, then you just want a bigger set.

DEATH_INC
Hard Yaka

Postby DEATH_INC » Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am

gimmemud wrote:What kind of strain would these put on everything else? And also can someone tell me if these would be equivalent of an ifs hub swap on a solid axle surf? Trailer my mud tyres everywhere so no major for the road legalness.

It's the same as using a big offset wheel, or bigger offset hubs etc. It's the distance from the bearing(s) to the center of the load through the wheels that matters, not what puts it there.

00falcon
Hard Yaka

Postby 00falcon » Thu May 31, 2012 9:48 am

DEATH_INC wrote:It's the same as using a big offset wheel, or bigger offset hubs etc. It's the distance from the bearing(s) to the center of the load through the wheels that matters, not what puts it there.

???
Dosent it add "un-sprung" weight to the whole setup...?

not to mention another point of failure...?
O[][][][][][][]O
Eat, Sleep, Jeep...
-------------------
www.nzjeepclub.co.nz

DEATH_INC
Hard Yaka

Postby DEATH_INC » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:32 pm

00falcon wrote:
DEATH_INC wrote:It's the same as using a big offset wheel, or bigger offset hubs etc. It's the distance from the bearing(s) to the center of the load through the wheels that matters, not what puts it there.

???
Dosent it add "un-sprung" weight to the whole setup...?

not to mention another point of failure...?

If you can feel a few grams of alloy and studs on your big assed tyres and rims then more power to you :lol: Again, they are little heavier than the extra casting most low offset alloy wheels have.
The point of failure thing is relevant, that's why it pays to stay with good brands. Most of these are billet alloy, and are in fact stronger than most cast alloy rims. In most cases they will distort if you manage to do something really crazy, not disintegrate. They run these on circuit cars with no problems, and these have some crazy loadings at full speed on slicks. Enough that I've seen wheels disintegrated on one without even curb hopping.....
You'll be safe.

w3b
Winch master

Postby w3b » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:16 am

LVVTA rules state that for front engine, rear wheel drive vehicle, you are allowed 20% positive or negative offset based on rim width.
So, the wider your rim the greater offset you can have.
Perhaps I am missing something, but previous comments said 20mm only spacers, 25mm only spacers, etc?
I would think it would be greater than that stated (e.g. 7" rim will allow 36mm offset)

Return to “Axles Tyres and Wheels”