Dash Cam footage.

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am

link me to them!!

User avatar
Smurf
Hard Yaka
Posts: 2834
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Nelson

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Smurf » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Cameron wrote:link me to them!!


LOL yep me too :-)

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Image

User avatar
gapz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby gapz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 pm

It is wise to invest on a dash camera, I had mine from http://www.szswill.com for nearly a year, a small investment for a big savings. These r the way to go to cover your as now a days we have them in our tankers in Auckland, believe me they pay off depending on what make and model you buy. If I was buying one don't go cheap. After all it could catch the sucker that runs you of the road.

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 am

Sub $100 cameras are just fine any perfectly reliable, with awesome image quality.

I compared a blackvue with my G1W, though mine is quarter the price, mine is much better quality wise (owner of the blackvue agreed) as the bit rate of the video is much higher.

Don't spend $300+ where $100 buys you a perfectly good camera, as always, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

http://dashcamtalk.com/
Image

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:42 am

^ this.
my dvr027 is plenty good for what I want, albeit a little bulky. will be looking into something smaller soon

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:01 pm

I've had 6 or so DVR027 and its varients, go for a G1W, MUCH better camera.
Image

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:43 pm

was thinking of a mini 0801 to be honest! I don't need portability really, just after somethign small enough to sit behind the rear view mirror of my work ute. '
have you had much to do with the replacement mirror style ones?

I had looked at g1ws but the mount still seems a little bulky. I've got a few tiny stick on 'standard tripod thread' mounts I picked up off aliexpress but g1w uses that clip in system.
would be using tiny mounts on dvr027 but sadly I sold my spare, and then I was clumsy and ended up having to jbweld the mount to the camera (don't ask) so now don't have thread on/off option :lol:

User avatar
Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka
Posts: 2924
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Location: Towing a hilux

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:55 pm

CLUMZ1 wrote:I think it takes the cake that he accused me of running the red light first... how did he not notice a fekkin 2 and a half tonne Safari sitting next to his Boxter for what must have been over 40 seconds at the lights. I was indicating left the whole time!!


I drove over the back of an MX5 that did exactly that in Auckland.
I got a warning , he needed a new car.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Cameron wrote:was thinking of a mini 0801 to be honest! I don't need portability really, just after somethign small enough to sit behind the rear view mirror of my work ute. '
have you had much to do with the replacement mirror style ones?

I had looked at g1ws but the mount still seems a little bulky. I've got a few tiny stick on 'standard tripod thread' mounts I picked up off aliexpress but g1w uses that clip in system.
would be using tiny mounts on dvr027 but sadly I sold my spare, and then I was clumsy and ended up having to jbweld the mount to the camera (don't ask) so now don't have thread on/off option :lol:


G1W's mount is small next to the DVR027! - I have one tucked up behind the mirror in the Hilux.
I can do a side-by-side view if you like? I've still got 4 or more hanging around.
Image

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:I drove over the back of an MX5 that did exactly that in Auckland.
I got a warning , he needed a new car.

Thats fekkin awesome :) - shame you don't have the camera footage.
Image

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 pm

CLUMZ1 wrote:G1W's mount is small next to the DVR027! - I have one tucked up behind the mirror in the Hilux.
I can do a side-by-side view if you like? I've still got 4 or more hanging around.


yes please!
also, hook me up with a spare dvr027 for cheap.

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 am

thats pretty good!

User avatar
petefj40
Ms Daisy
Posts: 4218
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: The Mainland

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby petefj40 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm

CLUMZ1 wrote:Sub $100 cameras are just fine any perfectly reliable, with awesome image quality.

I compared a blackvue with my G1W, though mine is quarter the price, mine is much better quality wise (owner of the blackvue agreed) as the bit rate of the video is much higher.

Don't spend $300+ where $100 buys you a perfectly good camera, as always, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

http://dashcamtalk.com/


It's good that the higher end dash cams are getting cheaper. But I'd still go for the Blackvue over the G1W. Overall they are better. The research says the same.

http://dashcamtalk.com/compare/1/1,10/G ... 20DR500GW/

At the end of the day. You're better off with a dash cam for peace of mind.

:wink:

User avatar
petefj40
Ms Daisy
Posts: 4218
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: The Mainland

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby petefj40 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Just a side note.
To you, what looks more discreet?

The G1W
Image

Or the Blackvue?

Image

:lol:

User avatar
CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Wellywood

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby CLUMZ1 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:40 am

re: your side note;

:lol: 's are on you as far as I'm concerned,

$60 G1W vs $440 for the cheaper Blackvue on http://www.blackvue.co.nz/

If you are happy paying an extra $380 for the privilege of having it just slightly more hidden, good on you. It's not a concern of mine, the LED is turned on in my camera to make them as obvious as possible, I'm not the GSCB.

I'm quite content with $120 for two G1Ws, one front, one rear.

BlackVue wrote:Pixelation problem when lots of moving objects
Expensive


G1W 113 x 46 vs BV 119 x 36 - size wise almost the same.
edit; my video quality is better than yours too (12 vs 10Mbps).
Image

User avatar
petefj40
Ms Daisy
Posts: 4218
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: The Mainland

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby petefj40 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm

petefj40 wrote:
CLUMZ1 wrote:Sub $100 cameras are just fine any perfectly reliable, with awesome image quality.

I compared a blackvue with my G1W, though mine is quarter the price, mine is much better quality wise (owner of the blackvue agreed) as the bit rate of the video is much higher.

Don't spend $300+ where $100 buys you a perfectly good camera, as always, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

http://dashcamtalk.com/


It's good that the higher end dash cams are getting cheaper. But I'd still go for the Blackvue over the G1W. Overall they are better. The research says the same.

http://dashcamtalk.com/compare/1/1,10/G ... 20DR500GW/

At the end of the day. You're better off with a dash cam for peace of mind.

:wink:


http://dashcamtalk.com/compare/1/1,10/G ... 20DR500GW/

Overall the Blackvue is better.
I see more green ticks and yellow stars that you cheap as dash cam.

It's the old story. You get what you pay for mate. SLIGHTLY more hidden? Discreet always wins over a bulky thing on your windscreen that could obstruct you view for a safe drive.

:lol:

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

no more diddle measuring in here please.

Cameron
Hard Yaka
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Cameron » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:32 pm

just ordered a g1w. see how that goes.

User avatar
4WDbits
Hard Yaka
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby 4WDbits » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:57 pm

We have the camera mounted behind the mirror (rear view monitor in our case). Almost totally out of sight from the driver, ie no additional blind spot.
This Image works great, watch it here

User avatar
bobrocket
Hard Yaka
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: West Auckland

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby bobrocket » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:28 am

May be a bit spamish, but I sell cams in Korea to expats these days, bit of a side business. It's about $250 for a dual cam system (front and rear) In Asia they're a must these days.
My Facebook link is at the bottom. Postage to NZ is cheap as but not sure on how it competes with trade me. Lots of the info is in Korean but specs are in English.
I don't post here often these days but still a lurker. Anyway check out the link, if it works out cheaper feel free to message me. You still get a 12 month warranty and can pay in NZ $.
Most of the stuff is not 24v though, 12v stuff unless specified but check first.

Most cams don't record continuous though, the file gets broken into segments with excessive bumps get sent to an incident file. You can stitch the stuff together easily in movie maker but that's a time thing to consider if your recording a track mission.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/400694853385267/

Anyway, I'm legit and other members can verify that if your suspect. Just ask and feel free to post q's

User avatar
basics
Hard Yaka
Posts: 1499
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby basics » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:17 am

pretty keen to get a dash cam shortly, whats a decent website to order from these days?
99 pajero exceed 3.2

Big
Hard Yaka
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: central Otago
Contact:

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Big » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:33 am

not sure if asked but type of camera used ?

User avatar
andy3542
Hard Yaka
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby andy3542 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:15 pm

basics wrote:pretty keen to get a dash cam shortly, whats a decent website to order from these days?


X2 With the quality of Auckland drivers these days thinking its a good investment should something happen.
Offroad Addiction TV

https://www.facebook.com/OffroadAddictionLtd/

Big
Hard Yaka
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: central Otago
Contact:

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby Big » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:12 pm

andy3542 wrote:
basics wrote:pretty keen to get a dash cam shortly, whats a decent website to order from these days?


X2 With the quality of Auckland drivers these days thinking its a good investment should something happen.

x3

User avatar
kiwipete
Hard Yaka
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby kiwipete » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:52 am

Ok people, move along. Nothing to see here. Thank you, move along.
Ph 0212078472

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: North Canterbury

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby ChurchurDan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:24 pm

We have installed a lot of Drive cams (the commercial truck cam) at work. These cams record the driver as well because the insurance people want to know what the driver is doing at the time of an accident.
This maybe something to consider if you are purchasing a camera to help in an accident or to try and get lower premiums or a lower excess.

User avatar
tweake
Hard Yaka
Posts: 2205
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: start of northland

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby tweake » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:08 pm

ChurchurDan wrote:We have installed a lot of Drive cams (the commercial truck cam) at work. These cams record the driver as well because the insurance people want to know what the driver is doing at the time of an accident.
This maybe something to consider if you are purchasing a camera to help in an accident or to try and get lower premiums or a lower excess.

insurance companies are not interested if you have cam fitted or not last time i enquired.
i would rather have rear and even sideways facing cams than one for the driver.

a 2nd cheap one mounted on the rear windscreen can be very handy.
also an elcheapo facing the dash which shows your speed and use of indicators etc.

User avatar
mercutio
Hard Yaka
Posts: 1937
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Wellytown

Re: Dash Cam footage.

Postby mercutio » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:07 pm

i just use a free app on my smart phone it records clips at a length you choose saves the clips where a the g sensor is activated or if you mark them to be saved and a speed can be shown on the screen using the gps
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

Return to “Videos - Non 4wd Related”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest