Jetboating in the mountains

goatracing
Stropper

Jetboating in the mountains

Postby goatracing » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Some times the trail just runs out and you need a boat..

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJz-VY5ECso [/youtube]
Last edited by goatracing on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

DMcCready
Hard Yaka

Re: Jetboating in the mountains

Postby DMcCready » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Love your work! Already subscribed to you on Youtube :mrgreen:

Welcome to ORE
There's gotta be some rocks round here SOMEWHERE!

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:42 pm

DMcCready wrote:Love your work! Already subscribed to you on Youtube :mrgreen:

Welcome to ORE

Ditto.. amazing little boats, dingies..lol

IcedJohnno
Trailer Trash

Postby IcedJohnno » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Interesting vid of you going up Broken River. Gnarly! Know that area well. Shame your camera ran out before you reached your turn around.

goatracing
Stropper

Postby goatracing » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:10 am

IcedJohnno wrote:Interesting vid of you going up Broken River. Gnarly! Know that area well. Shame your camera ran out before you reached your turn around.

Normally when I go up there its a one way trip as I turn up cave stream and have to get picked up at the bridge on the access road into Mt Cheeseman skifeild ,quite a gentle trip that day the water was twice as deep as it normally is

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:56 am

goatracing wrote:
IcedJohnno wrote:Interesting vid of you going up Broken River. Gnarly! Know that area well. Shame your camera ran out before you reached your turn around.

Normally when I go up there its a one way trip as I turn up cave stream and have to get picked up at the bridge on the access road into Mt Cheeseman skifeild ,quite a gentle trip that day the water was twice as deep as it normally is

You out and about with Pete Cooper and the lads this week? Think a few are on there way down south for a week or so

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:58 am

Looks awesome.
That beats the hell out of the pussy boating that the heavier boats do. 8) 8) 8).
What are you running in them? Is it jetski running gear or similar or are you going with the small 4cyl boxers?
How thick is that bottom skin? It must take a good beating, but you obviously don't want a lot of excess weight either.
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqmfbl7i49Q
Think it's twice now the boat has been choppered out?

IcedJohnno
Trailer Trash

Postby IcedJohnno » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:52 am

goatracing wrote:

Hmmmm, something wrong here Goat. If you turn up Cave Stream, you will be turning right when heading upstream, and you will enter the Cave immediately.

Are you continuing up Broken River, passing under the curved main west coast rd bridge, and then pulling up at the one lane bridge on the Cheesy rd?

I am surprised that you can get through the wee gorge immediately downstream of the Cave entrance. Must have changed since I last walked it years ago, as I remember the rocks being the size of small rooms, and the water running through them, or under them.

on2it
Hard Yaka

Postby on2it » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 am

Very cool vid. Thanks.
FJ62

KIWI_TERRANO
Hard Yaka

Postby KIWI_TERRANO » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:03 am

Nice mate nice

This is hopefully next years purchase for me was going to buy one of jeekseekers wee pups

goatracing
Stropper

Postby goatracing » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:01 am

IcedJohnno wrote:
goatracing wrote:

Hmmmm, something wrong here Goat. If you turn up Cave Stream, you will be turning right when heading upstream, and you will enter the Cave immediately.

Are you continuing up Broken River, passing under the curved main west coast rd bridge, and then pulling up at the one lane bridge on the Cheesy rd?

I am surprised that you can get through the wee gorge immediately downstream of the Cave entrance. Must have changed since I last walked it years ago, as I remember the rocks being the size of small rooms, and the water running through them, or under them.

No you are quite right ,now that Ive had a look at the map to see what the proper name of the spot is ,cave stream ( the tourist spot )is to the right of me on the way up ,so I do keep on going up broken river underneath the main road bridge ,but have to get picked up at the cheesman ski feild bridge as I cant get back down through that little little gorge that you are talking about

IcedJohnno
Trailer Trash

Postby IcedJohnno » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Impressive getting up that gorge. Will check it out again as I next go up, this week.

The two concrete abutments that you pass either side of the river. Are these within a mile or 2 upstream of Sloven Stream / where the rickkerty old drovers bridge is, and the old Craigieburn Homested?

If so, this may be near where the old coal incline/ railway was. I have not seen those before, though I have walked the old tramway, along to the very dented large boiler (it fell down the hill during installation!) and down the incline to BR.

If not there, how much further up are they? Nearer the musterers hut?

Keep up the awesome driving. Rock boating, you will be getting Rokhound all jittery with excitement!

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Yep, had a quick look at your build thread on the boat.
I also had a squiz at your blat up the Ashly gorge. It was running a lot higher than when we drove it (or used to before it was frowned upon). I was hoping to spot the point that always stopped us due to bank to bank water at 8ish feet deep.
Enjoying the vids, keep it up. 8) 8) 8)
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

Return to “Videos - Non 4wd Related”