GO BACK TO FAAAARKING SKOOL

skid
Tyre Man

GO BACK TO FAAAARKING SKOOL

Postby skid » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Most of you will know that I have a pet hate.

Its the way our society has taught you to spell these days.

The following is a brief example of some of the spelling I've seen on here and other sites, in particular 'retardme'

A lot of folks seem to be "wreaking" cars instead of wrecking them.....................

wreak   

1.to inflict or execute (punishment, vengeance, etc.): They wreaked havoc on the enemy.
2.to carry out the promptings of (one's rage, ill humor, will, desire, etc.), as on a victim or object: He wreaked his anger on the office staff.

Theres also a few people that have "disk breaks" on thier vehicle...........

disk

Computers. any of several types of media consisting of thin, round plates of plastic or metal, used for external storage: magnetic disk; floppy disk; optical disk.

break

1.to smash, split, or divide into parts violently; reduce to pieces or fragments: He broke a vase.
2.to infringe, ignore, or act contrary to (a law, rule, promise, etc.): She broke her promise.
3.to dissolve or annul (often fol. by off): to break off friendly relations with another country.
4.to fracture a bone of (some part of the body): He broke his leg.
5.to lacerate; wound: to break the skin.

these are 2 of the most common mistakes I see all the time and theres plenty more to go with that.
I'm fairly confident that sometimes nobody can understand what is being said in a post, especially if you use txt language or a derivative of that.

If you are young and txt language was acceptable at your school, the this is bloody well wrong and should attempt to re-educate yourself to assist with making the future generation brighter etc etc etc

righto rant over, I've wreaked enough havoc as it is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Re: GO BACK TO FAAAARKING SKOOL

Postby DaveM » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:29 pm

I notice you didn't do a spell check before posting :roll:

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:41 pm

skid wrote:Most of you will know that I have a pet hate.

The following is a brief example of some of the spelling I've seen on here and other sites, in particular 'retardme'

A lot of folks seem to be "wreaking" cars instead of wrecking them.....................

wreak   

1.to inflict or execute (punishment, vengeance, etc.): They wreaked havoc on the enemy.
2.to carry out the promptings of (one's rage, ill humor, will, desire, etc.), as on a victim or object: He wreaked his anger on the office staff.

disk

Computers. any of several types of media consisting of thin, round plates of plastic or metal, used for external storage: magnetic disk; floppy disk; optical disk.

break

1.to smash, split, or divide into parts violently; reduce to pieces or fragments: He broke a vase.
2.to infringe, ignore, or act contrary to (a law, rule, promise, etc.): She broke her promise.
3.to dissolve or annul (often fol. by off): to break off friendly relations with another country.

these are 2 of the most common mistakes I see all the time and theres plenty more to go with that.
I'm fairly confident that sometimes nobody can understand what is being said in a post, especially if you use txt language or a derivative of that.

If you are young and txt language was acceptable at your school, the this is bloody well wrong and should attempt to re-educate yourself to assist with making the future generation brighter etc etc etc

righto rant over, I've wreaked enough havoc as it is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

its or "it's" and
theres or there's or maybe there is :roll:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:44 pm

skid wrote:Most of you will know that I have a pet hate.

wreak   

disk

break

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Its a 4x4 forum not a book review club. Harden up.

You can't spell or use capital letters amongst many, many other mistakes you make so take youself back to school!
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

Furgus
Hard Yaka

Postby Furgus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Good on ya Skiddy :shock:

I'm fed up with struggling my way through posts that make little or no sense to anyone over 12!

Admittedly I'm an old fart (37) who does text.....but I always try to use correct spelling & punctuation. If you you read Skids' post you will easily understand it, even with a few "minor" grammatical errors. However with some of the posts here, vowels appear to be completely missing.........which can make understanding tricky !!!!

Grumpy old fart Furgus

pressy
Hard Yaka

Postby pressy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you kids are funny, you all keep me laughing, keep up the good work..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

niblik
Sausage Shack

Postby niblik » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 pm

there they're their

to too two

and theres plenty more..

what about the punctuation? normally i'm fine but at least a fullstop is handy...

and the phonetic spelling leaves a lot to be desired....

still, at least persons give it their best...
ImageImage

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:37 am

I think reading posts with bad spelling or grammar lets you build a mental picture of what the person might be like in person. If we all had perfect spelling, grammar or punctuation we'd all be the same. Boring!
When someone gets it wrong (like I often do), it doesn't take to much imagination to get drift of their point does it?
Sorry you find it so frustrating skid. Geez i think I only made it up to level 3 in spelling at school. Thank god for the, 'right mouse click' on those words with the red line under them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taz wrote:Its a 4x4 forum not a book review club. Harden up.

You can't spell or use capital letters amongst many, many other mistakes you make so take youself back to school!
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

toominator
Bush Crasher

Postby toominator » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:31 pm

you're right! sometimes when your reading something you just want to punch the screen and brake something

:D

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:33 pm

toominator wrote:you just want to punch the screen and brake

Does that mean you stop just before you hit it?
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:46 pm

NJV6 wrote:
toominator wrote:you just want to punch the screen and brake

Does that mean you stop just before you hit it?

:lol:

adimw
Winch master

Postby adimw » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:52 am

ie dont reelee noe wut yer praablim iz withh peepoolz speleeng its just u wae uv rieteeng stuf naat good

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 pm

I fnd da hol ting predy funy a I lov da txt lingo myslf. Savs tm n gts yr brain wrkn n pisss lotsa ppl off lol

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:19 pm

As mentioned- none of us are perfect on here..... but there is a large difference between missing a few capitals and producing crap like this:

well has any one figured out how to stop the idle arm bending with 33s on it on a 89 3door td27 terrano? ive got a bracket wot stops the bar that the arm turns on bending. but my back ball joint where the tie rod end go's on to hits the chassie. and makes my tyre go in or out = not good handling on the road with we bumps and divits it gos left to right ect. got new tie rod ends, drag link, bumper stops, supenchion, idle arm, ball joints, no sway bars, ect.
dose any one have the answer to fix this problam...

maby a bigger idle arm from another jeep wot fits ?
a plate unda the chassie to stop it going up parst a surtin point ?
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:23 pm

flyingbrick wrote:As mentioned- none of us are perfect on here..... but there is a large difference between missing a few capitals and producing crap like this:

well has any one figured out how to stop the idle arm bending with 33s on it on a 89 3door td27 terrano? ive got a bracket wot stops the bar that the arm turns on bending. but my back ball joint where the tie rod end go's on to hits the chassie. and makes my tyre go in or out = not good handling on the road with we bumps and divits it gos left to right ect. got new tie rod ends, drag link, bumper stops, supenchion, idle arm, ball joints, no sway bars, ect.
dose any one have the answer to fix this problam...

maby a bigger idle arm from another jeep wot fits ?
a plate unda the chassie to stop it going up parst a surtin point ?

:lol:

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 pm

But no seriously, if you can spell correctly and misspell out of laziness it just makes you look like an illiterate four year old. Its obvious if words are out of context i.e I went two the lake. This is easy to follow but when posts are written like a WWII code due to txt spelling its a pain in the ass. I don't know if its a browser or forum thing but my screen underlines misspelled words. Pretty easy to read through it and at least try to make it more legible before hitting submit.

There's nothing wrong with the odd mistake but when its every third word I often can't be bothered reading even if there may be some good content.
I'm sure, if you don't personally know someone, you will be taken more seriously at times if your sentence structure and spelling was improved. (Not directed at anyone, just a generalisation but probably applies to new people more than others)

Swaney
Hard Yaka

Postby Swaney » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Threads like this are the reason alot of ppl have left this site..

IMO posting stuff like this makes you looks arogrant and well just a bit of a dick. Or at best an out of touch silver top.

Im pretty sure most mechanics ive talked to havent had straight A gramma and spelling.. if they did they probably wouldnt of turned out mechanics.

Really did you have to go out of your way to pick on a newbies post? Great way of increasing membership eh

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I see both sides, "text speak" can be hard to understand, but if you don't like it, don't read it :roll:
The above example is easily understood, so what if there are a few spelling mistakes?

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Swaney wrote:Threads like this are the reason alot of ppl have left this site..

IMO posting stuff like this makes you looks arogrant and well just a bit of a dick. Or at best an out of touch silver top.

Im pretty sure most mechanics ive talked to havent had straight A gramma and spelling.. if they did they probably wouldnt of turned out mechanics.

Really did you have to go out of your way to pick on a newbies post? Great way of increasing membership eh

I'm the worst at spelling, grammar n punctuation round here I recon.
But I don't think it's arrogant to point out what farks you off re skids post. Good on him for posting. It's light humor I thought.
If that scares you off the site, maybe you shouldn't be here?

I farked off from this site for bigger reasons than that. But I still came back. lol (I've just toned my comments and topics down, so far)

My 5c worth. :roll:

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Swaney wrote:Threads like this are the reason alot of ppl have left this site..

Why would people leave the site because of this? Its not directed at anyone in particular. And yes lots of people can't spell correctly which is fine, I'm just saying there is a spell check thing available and it would be nice if all the words actually resembled the word intended. I don't think any of the people that have posted so far are "arogrant dicks" but are just saying what they think. See your post has txt speak in it but its easy enough to understand. It's posts like the following that are difficult (Note no name)

have few pis etc of the kits etc that i can do an different set ups if you want to know anyhting just as but im sur most of you on here already know dont know why im putting this on where or started it just was out of interest but im sure most of you have your own ideas set an is pointly my trying ...

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Have any of you guys posting text tried doing that on Outers or pirate? Dont think you would like their responses. :mrgreen:

Lets face it we all make mistakes (we are human) but spell checks are there for us to help and unless you are posting from a cell phone then you probably have a fully opperational keyboard infront of you.

All we ask is to use a few more keys (the vowels mainly) to help us intellectually challenged who cant decipher text speak.

As for people leaving. The XT network died a while back and just about everyone on it said they would change over, but in reality not many did so I dont think this will influence anyone either. But I could be wrong. :wink:

Cheers. :mrgreen:

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Im pretty sure most mechanics ive talked to havent had straight A gramma and spelling.. if they did they probably wouldnt of turned out mechanics
hell I have just found out thru dis site dat I is illiterate. But Is good at deem figering out as me charge out rates r $60 plus a hour ( and that makes those who arn't mechanics dumshits, as dems da ones that pay :lol: :lol: :lol: ) :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by DJ on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 pm

DJ wrote:
Im pretty sure most mechanics ive talked to havent had straight A gramma and spelling.. if they did they probably wouldnt of turned out mechanics
hell I have just found out thru dis site dat I is illiterate. But Is good at deem figering out as me charge out rates r $60 plus a hour ( and that makes those who arn't mechanics dumshits, as they pay :lol: :lol: :lol: ) :twisted: :twisted:

Well you is in Ngongo-vegas. I lived down Western Rd for 9 years (quite a while ago now) and it's waaaaay different from what I remember. Almost looks flash in the township now. :mrgreen:

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:37 pm

we dont call it Ngongie, Ngon-go-desh or Ngongo-vagus since our rates matched the city folks, we's all growed up now!! Thru ow banjos in dat der creek in western road :lol: :lol: :lol: about 8 year ago :P :P

hillz
Driver/Navigator

Postby hillz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 am

congrats man u the first purson to be a CHAMP :) WEll Done buddy.. thumbs up.....
Last edited by hillz on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

hillz
Driver/Navigator

Postby hillz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:16 am

>_<
Last edited by hillz on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pedro
Hard Yaka

Postby Pedro » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:00 am

hillz wrote:well i do admit my spelling is rather good and i accept any coments about it.

thanks guys.

glhf = good luck have fun
wtf = what the ####
gtg = got to go
brb = be right back
ffs = for #### sake
bbs = be back soon
bbl = be back l8a
l8a = latter
wot = what
wots = what is
rolf = role on floor laughing
lol = laugh out loud
sk8
m8
bs = bull shit
fkn = #######

and the list go's on

maby you old farts need to lurn the new way of spelling. its quicker and less effort. and ezyer to ready.

we not in the 50's any more. glhf to all who can unda stand ma spelling. happy 4wdin :P

"good morning vietnam" at 1 min 20 sums it all up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJoHqmtFcQ

Pedro

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 am

writ= a court order, for a person to do or refrain from doing some act. or in txt "which retard is that?" :P

Return to “Feedback”