Whakamaramara

ol_smokey.
Bush Crasher

Re: Whakamaramara

Postby ol_smokey. » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:35 am

Well were all go as of last night they have moved the barrier and she's all open again but man it's a new world up there. I'll b there all weekend making the place a little more accessible ;) Gna go check out the ends of the tracks 2 if anyone wants 2 join me

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Postby 3VILC » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Good to hear! I'll have to make a plan to come up for a look in the near future.
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

ol_smokey.
Bush Crasher

Postby ol_smokey. » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

so i went up for a drive a few weeks ago pretty hassle free even got down a few old skidder tracks and a bit of old track that id never driven before had a good day... next weekend "hello" 2 4ft concrete bollards right in my old tracks so around them we went :p and had annother good day. 1 week later and you guessd it 2 more bollards and a no vehicle access sign from the old mate doc so where at a bit of a stale mate and i need my 4x4 fix anyone have trips planed near tauranga in the near future that i could tagg along on?

klompy
Hard Yaka

Postby klompy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Pity about the tect park 1200 hectares and no public access.

ol_smokey.
Bush Crasher

Postby ol_smokey. » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 pm

apparently they have been known to let in groups of trucks that turn up on a good day and just go and ask, but who knows??

any bop club members got more info on it?? shuld start a new thread realy..

Bush Chef
Driver/Navigator

Postby Bush Chef » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 am

there is a no entry sign on the Lund road side of the pines but didnt bother driving in to see if they had gated it. Its a real shame that Whaka is gone it was close enough that we could just chuck a cpl bux in the tank and go for a play any time . good for testing mods

ol_smokey.
Bush Crasher

Postby ol_smokey. » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 am

yea man thats what it was great for,

thomsons pines is private property and they never had a problem with us in there untill this year some time, there were rumors of a big accedent in there over summer. maby some1 on here no's more?

Return to “Trip Reports, Trail Reviews, Reports and Information”