Elaine Bay to Tennyson Inlet [track ]

furnace
Hard Yaka

Elaine Bay to Tennyson Inlet [track ]

Postby furnace » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Just a quick note,we did a trip to French Pass,then back to Elaine Bay and over to Tennyson Inlet [today took us about 12 hrs from Golden Bay ]
The track is not in to bad of condition but quite rough,no problems really other than i took my eye off the ball for a second [ gas bagging with the wife so her fault ...lol...] and slipped over the side in a small creek,the winch had us going again in no time.The day was hot, fine and the views magnificent ..
Attachments
DSCF6536.JPG
Start of the track at turn off at Elaine Bay
DSC00815-2.JPG
Driver
DSCF6545.JPG
Just a little slip off the track [ Helens fault ...lol.. ]
DSCF6527-1.JPG
Just about top of track
DSCF6528.JPG
Road on way to French Pass

wjw
Hard Yaka

Re: Elaine Bay to Tennyson Inlet [track ]

Postby wjw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 am

shame the mrs wont let me take the 80 up that way when on hols :-(
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 pm

wjw wrote:shame the mrs wont let me take the 80 up that way when on hols :-(

LOL..she would love it,try to convince her,mine was the same now she wants to go back a spend more time looking round and do the Track from the Tennyson side
Attachments
DSCF6555.JPG
Penzance..the track to the right
DSCF6549.JPG
Looking down onto Penzance
DSCF6540.JPG
Track mostly like this
DSCF6546.JPG
My fault..no one else would do this ...lol..
DSCF6533.JPG
Helen

dtchch
Bush Crasher

Postby dtchch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Brings back some memories mate, used to go with the family to Penzance every year when I was younger. Hasn't changed much except a lot more buildings. Can see our fishing spots in your photo 8)

MATT4U
Hard Yaka

Postby MATT4U » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Its not a bad track through there, we have a family place in Penzance and I have been going there for 30 years so we did part of it a few years ago, could only get half way due to trees down, we had cleared a few already and it started to rain and was very slippery going back down

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:14 am

MATT4U wrote:Its not a bad track through there, we have a family place in Penzance and I have been going there for 30 years so we did part of it a few years ago, could only get half way due to trees down, we had cleared a few already and it started to rain and was very slippery going back down

It really is a neat little place,we used to go fishing in the area when we were kids before the road was put in,we would walk over the side of the new road [ they were building the road at the time ]
Someone has keep the track open and have done a shit hot job of removing a lot of fallen trees...A great little drive
Last edited by furnace on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

SMOKEY
Hard Yaka

Postby SMOKEY » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bill we have seen the way you drive (FLY), may be she wants to get home in one piece.

WISE GIRL,

FITZY.

MATT4U
Hard Yaka

Postby MATT4U » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 am

furnace wrote:
MATT4U wrote:Its not a bad track through there, we have a family place in Penzance and I have been going there for 30 years so we did part of it a few years ago, could only get half way due to trees down, we had cleared a few already and it started to rain and was very slippery going back down

It really is a neat little place,we used to go fishing in the area when we were kids before the road was put in,we would walk over the side of the new road [ they were building the road at the time ]
Someone has keep the track open and have done a shit hot job of removing a lot of fallen trees...A great little drive

Well heres a bit of history for you, where the road goes in to penzance was spear headed by my granddad.
Does the name oswald ring a bell?

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 pm

MATT4U wrote:
furnace wrote:

Well heres a bit of history for you, where the road goes in to penzance was spear headed by my granddad.
Does the name oswald ring a bell?

Thats amazing.The road would have been a real feat in its day...A lot of my relations used to live in Opuri valley,a couple still do

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:01 am

SMOKEY wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bill we have seen the way you drive (FLY), may be she wants to get home in one piece.

WISE GIRL,

FITZY.

hahaha... its more the space for the drive over from CHC....
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:46 am

There used to be a good little hill climb up to the pylon at the Elaine Bay end.

I have seen a cruiser with all wheels spinning forward and sliding back down backward

Cheers Richard
Never say die, up man and try

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Still is ask my wife....lol...fun though

Return to “Trip Reports, Trail Reviews, Reports and Information”