2014 KIWI Teams Challenge

skid
Tyre Man

2014 KIWI Teams Challenge

Postby skid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 pm

righto so its been and gone for another year and I was unsure as to if I was going to help out again next year, but all the competitors rock and theres new challenges to be planned, so you guessed it, I will be back next year helping run the Challenge and I want it to be better than previous years :mrgreen:

So whilst they are still fresh in my head, heres a few of my ideas.........

*more stricter time schedule
*1 or 2 extra tracks
*night stage timed plus 1 or 2 others
*points remain same including timed stages where the fastest time gets the most points and they go down from there
*enforce a few rules regarding teams and safety (witnessed some things I didn't like this year)
*open up some fresh new challenging tracks :twisted:
*marshalls briefing the weekend before encompassing track setting as well

theres probably a few more things I thought of but they elude me at the moment

anyway, if you have any constructive crtisicism to add then fire away
I promised I'll keep all my toys in the cot and take any ideas on board :wink:
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Re: 2014 KIWI Teams Challenge

Postby rotordogg » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm

As someone who hasn't done any proper winch comps, I got different answers for what we're allowed to do from different marshalls, maybe a bit of a rule book (or safety guide) emailed out to compeditors and marshals a few weeks before??? Might help some of the other newbies too.

(Was put onto a winch website by one marshal, but can't remember where it is now.)

I thought the tracks were a good grade of track, but I won't complain if there are some harder ones next time...

Is it worth leaving tracks open a bit later so people can do more tracks at night if they want to try to make up some extra points? (Yes I know it's a bit harder on the marshals) :roll:
It's just more fun in a lada !!

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:25 pm

How about a washing facility similar to the Goodmans setup to clean rads, engine bays etc during the event, but more importantly for the out of towners, to be able to wash kilo's of mud off before trailering home. Its not a good look for us as 4wders to be dropping mud for kilometers down the roadwith Joe public following. Makes cleaning when home a lot easier too. I know at Gwavas they have a pump and wash-down area available throughout the event, the Goodmans setup was great, maybe a similar with 3 containers of water so it lasted the event. Just my 2c
BTW, fecking awesome event Skid and the crew 8) :mrgreen:
'85 Hilux crawler, 3rz, duals, 4.7's, 4.88's, ARB's, 30 spline Longfields, 6 stud SNR4x4 Histeer, Airshocks up front, coiled rear, 40" Iroks.
^^^this shite is all about to change....^^^

021 273 9942
jafa@inspire.net.nz

DMcCready
Hard Yaka

Postby DMcCready » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:39 pm

I would love to give this a shot!

Skid is there anywhere I can find vehicle requirements etc to see if my buggy I'm bringing back from Canada will comply? I'm home in two weeks so the race will be on for me to prep and find a team haha!
There's gotta be some rocks round here SOMEWHERE!

QUADRACER
Hard Yaka

Postby QUADRACER » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Skid, give your marshals a good break.
Set maximum times on each stage, be fair on the rest of the teams.
Have a recovery team, if and when stages grind to a halt.

Give marshals a written list of rules, these can be announced at teams briefing.
And in the drivers registration packs.

And I hate to say it, but competitors will try every trick in the book, to change your mind, stick with your decision.
retired 4wd to a ford ranger and UTV

Return to “Trip Reports, Trail Reviews, Reports and Information”