2010 Tuff Truck Challenge

wisard2
Hard Yaka

2010 Tuff Truck Challenge

Postby wisard2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 am

Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

mike
Last minute Mike

Re: 2010 Tuff Truck Challenge

Postby mike » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 am

I'm in!!! LR is the most capable so settled for spot number one :twisted: :twisted: plus im first to post whoahahahah 3 spots left :mrgreen:
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:55 am

bla bla bla :shock: :shock:

only allowing ONE team from ORE, the forum that provided most of last years entries :?:

oh well, enjoy yourself :roll: :roll:
Last edited by skid on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

muddy
Hard Yaka

Postby muddy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 pm

For those that miss out - Top of the South (National) Winch Challenge in Marlborough the same weekend....

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Bugger I'm out, turns out i've got another club event on that weekend :evil: Would be good if all events didnt happen on the same weekend 8)
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:59 pm

hold up, so this is a "tuff" truck event yet only factory style trucks can enter? is this a joke? i honestly dont understand how it can be called a tough truck event if only 4x4s with windscreens and shit like that can enter? why can I not bring a truck that has the roof cut off? or if you mean factory can i bring my tubeframe truck that has been completly manufactured from ground up if it left its place of construction without windscreen etc? I think this is very unfair, you are penalising some of us more because we like compititions more

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Its similar to the "club" style event that is run at Gwavas every 2 years. You may have heard of it. There was an issue last year with the Costa event with having Trials trucks competing with normal club trucks and this addresses that.

Not everyone can afford to build a new truck every 6 months like you :lol: I believe there is an outlaw class event being planned seperate to this which covers trucks like yours..
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Jerry wrote: There was an issue last year with the Costa event with having Trials trucks competing with normal club trucks and this addresses that.

:? there was an issue with our trucks??!! Last time I spoke to last years organisers they were stoked we turned up, dont recall there being any ISSUES. And we were labelled a TEAM of trials trucks when only one of them did the nationals the other two were club trucks ie both had winches, pretty small engines compared to the rest of the field.
Care to explain what the ISSUE was Jerry?? :roll:

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Last edited by wisard2 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:12 pm

cool__bananas wrote:hold up, so this is a "tuff" truck event yet only factory style trucks can enter? is this a joke? i honestly dont understand how it can be called a tough truck event if only 4x4s with windscreens and shit like that can enter? why can I not bring a truck that has the roof cut off? or if you mean factory can i bring my tubeframe truck that has been completly manufactured from ground up if it left its place of construction without windscreen etc? I think this is very unfair, you are penalising some of us more because we like compititions more

heard of the superwinch "tuff" truck challenge? they need wof
stick to trials and stop causing shit :mrgreen:
Last edited by haynzy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 pm

lilpigzuk wrote:
Jerry wrote: There was an issue last year with the Costa event with having Trials trucks competing with normal club trucks and this addresses that.

:? there was an issue with our trucks??!! Last time I spoke to last years organisers they were stoked we turned up, dont recall there being any ISSUES. And we were labelled a TEAM of trials trucks when only one of them did the nationals the other two were club trucks ie both had winches, pretty small engines compared to the rest of the field.
Care to explain what the ISSUE was Jerry?? :roll:

as a competitor from last year I had no problem but considering you guys spent less time on all the courses as what the second running team spent on one obsticle there was a clear advantage to your style of vehicle, I guess they are just tryin to even the playing field :wink:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 pm

hey jerry. why dont you not be such a smart ass, do you even have a 4x4 that goes? if not then im not even gona bother argueing with you, and get you shit straight, ive only ever had one new trials truck so maybe you should do a background check before you try act all funny. I just dont see why all you guys are so anal about trials trucks joining in, i always though that 4x4ing was just suposed to be about having fun and getting along with each other, but then we get people like you guys who act selfish and keep your event shut tight.

and hanzy, ive never met you before and dont really have a clue who you are but whats up with you comment man? im sure your a nice guy and all but thats just a stupid thing to say. all we want is to get along and have fun but YOU GUYS are causing all the shit saying just because we like compititions we are not aloud to enter. get a bit of maturity fellas.

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 pm

haynzy wrote:
lilpigzuk wrote:

we were labelled a TEAM of trials trucks when only one of them did the nationals the other two were club trucks ie both had winches, pretty small engines compared to the rest of the field.
:roll:

I guess they are just tryin to even the playing field :wink:

So as i read it , Suzuki Sj's arn't allowed to enter as they have an unfair weight advantage and don't have a factory a-pillar?(or any truck with a fold down windscreen) but no limitations on engine size, suspension or winch modifications . :? no WOF required, so a completely custom truck like Jafa's would be allowed where a trials truck would not :?

whats the difference , i cant see one , except a trails guy is at a disadvantage as he has to put up with mud in his face all the time.
It still comes down to those with the best driving skill and team work wins.
LR110 ..... LJ50 project :roll:
Chris.

mroffroader
Hard Yaka

Postby mroffroader » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Jerry wrote:Not everyone can afford to build a new truck every 6 months like you :lol:

I build a new truck every six months and im a poor mother fckn apprentice, whats your point?

So who makes the cut for the team? You boys got a whole lot of cheerleaders, looking on the bright side i guess :lol: :roll:
80 series tow bus towing a redneck ass vitara :D

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:23 am

C'mon guy's, just leave this one alone.

Its just one event out of many during the year. If they want to replace restrictions on entry then thats just sparkly, it's their event :D

Our support is obviously not required or desired, and from the feed back i got from last year, the event wasn't actually all that good.

If they think that the vehicle spec restrictions will make for a better event, then thats' their call.

As for the comment on the Hawke's bay Tough Truck, Trials trucks are allowed to enter that event. They just need some lights to see with in the dark :D :D
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:24 pm

UBZ wrote:So as i read it , Suzuki Sj's arn't allowed to enter as they have an unfair weight advantage and don't have a factory a-pillar?(or any truck with a fold down windscreen) .

so FJ40 arnt allowd either!!! (fold down windscreen)

this event sux balls!!!

:lol:
DieselBoy wrote:C'mon guy's, just leave this one alone.

As for the comment on the Hawke's bay Tough Truck, Trials trucks are allowed to enter that event. They just need some lights to see with in the dark :D :D

if you want to run a successful tuff truck event thats the one to follow cos it RULED!!! GWAVAS RULES!!!!

and you dont have to have a wof for club class for the superwinch tufftruck in rotorua comming up soon. you do have to have a tuff truck tho cos its gonna be AWESUM!!!!!

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 pm

well... that was fun

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:11 pm

I love all the bitching and arguing that competition brings.

I just go 4 wheeling andf enjoy myself. :D :D :D

I don't care if someone has a better truck than me or is a better driver

Cheers Richard
Never say die, up man and try

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Just out of interest..... (with the latest Americas Cup dramas in mind) What vehicles do the 4 members of the Costaplenty Club drive?

It wouldnt be unusual in any avenue of the history of all sport for an organisation to decide on rules for event to suit their own strengths.
Nothing wrong with that is there? Why would one create rules to their own disadvantage? (Assuming that that is the case of course.. it may well not be.)

Sometimes going into battle against an adversary that does have the deck stacked, or is otherwise considered superior, can be utterly exhilirating, you know, battling beyond the odds, punching above ones weight, taking on the big boys etc etc

Food for thought? (be that a nice healthy tuna salad or horrid cod liver oil...)

Anyway, sorry about the intrusion, i'll just be off back to the other web forum.
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

taz01
Tazzles

Postby taz01 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Here ya go people something to consider........
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... =9&t=20159
WARNING:
Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

you can follow me, but its gunna hurt

malfunction
Hard Yaka

Postby malfunction » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:00 pm

taz01 wrote:Here ya go people something to consider........
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... =9&t=20159

Hey I like the sound of that one. Ill be there :)
Mal
021 0666826

Landy Rover
Hard Yaka

Postby Landy Rover » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Mmmmmm it does sound good!! 8) 8) 8)
S3 Rover truck cab, injected 186, Sals rear,Toyota P/steer, Safari disc brakes front, R/Rover D/brakes rear, 9500 winch,twin optima batts, roll bar, Disco seats, 33" JTs, scene lamps, onboard air, Front ARB locker.

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm

sounds like a good weekend will be there

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 pm

fun :D i can actualy enter now :lol:

mroffroader
Hard Yaka

Postby mroffroader » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Fark yea count me in for that second one i'll be there :D
80 series tow bus towing a redneck ass vitara :D

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 am

cool__bananas wrote:
and hanzy, ive never met you before and dont really have a clue who you are but whats up with you comment man? im sure your a nice guy and all but thats just a stupid thing to say. all we want is to get along and have fun but YOU GUYS are causing all the shit saying just because we like compititions we are not aloud to enter. get a bit of maturity fellas.

my comment was centered more around the fact that just cause its a tough truck event doesnt mean its an everything goes deal. but as per usual people question vehicle restrictions to suit their own needs. From what I understand you have a pretty trick trials truck and thats great but it wouldnt suit the type of event that this one is. That doesnt mean to say the whole world is out to banish trials teams it just means that there is another sort of compitition to suit a different sort of truck so untangle your knickers and have a nice day :mrgreen:
BTW the causing shit comment was tongue in cheek so dont get too offended :roll:

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:44 pm

haynzy wrote:From what I understand you have a pretty trick trials truck and thats great but it wouldnt suit the type of event that this one is.

erm correct me if im wrong but isnt the truck that WTFPWND that event last year...a trials truck??? :lol:

go the chevy!!!! :twisted:

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Even my ordinary Hilux out performed Mitch's trial truck on Rovers revenge.

Trails truck 5 goes------Hilux 1 go

Its horses for courses.

Cheers Richard.
Never say die, up man and try

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:14 pm

wopass wrote:
haynzy wrote:From what I understand you have a pretty trick trials truck and thats great but it wouldnt suit the type of event that this one is.

erm correct me if im wrong but isnt the truck that WTFPWND that event last year...a trials truck??? :lol:

so your happy for the same chevy powered truck enter club class?

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:35 pm

haynzy wrote:
wopass wrote:

so your happy for the same chevy powered truck enter club class?

fuk yea!!! have you heard that thing!!?? its a hard on with wheels!!! id have it in my class just for the noise factor, who cares if it wins everything :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “24hr Challenge - Costa Plenty”