15th/16th Aug - Rallywoods+Badnuz+Rest of Barmy Palmy Army

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Re: 15th/16th Aug - Rallywoods+Badnuz+Rest of Barmy Palmy Army

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:34 am

rangimotors wrote:how did the trucks stack up compared to the cost trips you do Richard?

On the 1st day most of the trucks were the average run of the mill trucks like you see down here.

On the Ralleywood day over half the trucks were trial trucks and trailer queens and very modified with v8s and commy V6s so went very well.
We dont see that kind of truck on our westcoast tracks.

Very steep greasy rock faces up at ralleywood and a person can't afford to shut off so therefore you slide into trees and an ordinary truck would be stuffed straight away.

Janet just said. Like a lot of petrol hills over and over

I didn't see how most performed because I was with Jafa and Skid ,but Jafa's truck is Awesome

Cheers Richard
Last edited by Bulletproof on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never say die, up man and try

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 am

Janet couldn't do much videoing because there is no where to stand safely but this is typical of a rallywood track.

Jafa on Rovers Revenge

Cheers Richard
Last edited by Bulletproof on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:34 am

Here are another couple at Rallywood

Alice Way

Hebden Climb

This is why Ralleywoods is tough on trucks because if you want to drive it you crash into trees.

This climb took my mirror off, top of snorkel and pushed the side in worse than before . Worth every cent though

Thats about it for vids. I was going to put one of Badnuz towing the hilux in his little Zuk but Jerry has aready done that.

Cheers Richard
Last edited by Bulletproof on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:53 am

Thanks guys for a good weekend as usual. Good to catch up with some of you guys I haven't seen for a while, and great to meet Richard, and John Reid from 4x4 Action.
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

rangimotors
Hard Yaka

Postby rangimotors » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Bulletproof wrote:
rangimotors wrote:how did the trucks stack up compared to the cost trips you do Richard?

On the 1st day most of the trucks were the average run of the mill trucks like you see down here.

On the Ralleywood day over half the trucks were trial trucks and trailer queens and very modified with v8s and commy V6s so went very well.
We dont see that kind of truck on our westcoast tracks.

Very steep greasy rock faces up at ralleywood and a person can't afford to shut off so therefore you slide into trees and an ordinary truck would be stuffed straight away.

Janet just said. Like a lot of petrol hills over and over

I didn't see how most performed because I was with Jafa and Skid ,but Jafa's truck is Awesome

Cheers Richard

sorry i meant to say TRACKS not trucks, but that helps anyway.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experiance!

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Stuck at Rallywoods on what looked like easy track. Couldn't believe it

Cheers Richard

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:32 pm

that tracks turned hard recently. we dug a bit out of the holes a few weeks ago aswell because there was no traction on them

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:28 pm

what track is that one?

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:08 pm

mike wrote:what track is that one?

Imagination

I'm going to buy me a grubber and take out the little bit at the top that throws you too much, even Jafa had to have a couple of goes at it :roll:

Richard, theres a couple missing that I really want to see...................

Alice Way, where you took the line that nobody takes and pulled it off

Rovers Revenge, where you outdrove everyone in one go
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Turoa mentioned on another thread he couldn't get up " Rovers revenge ".

There was a reason for that and if you look closely at the video you will see his battery jumps out of the truck and rips the lead in half.

I personally like his attitude and I am sure he would have made it.

Cheers Richard

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:57 pm

skid wrote:

Richard, theres a couple missing that I really want to see...................

Alice Way, where you took the line that nobody takes and pulled it off

Rovers Revenge, where you outdrove everyone in one go

Hi Skid

I have included Alice way with Jafa

Rovers Revenge you won't see because Janet never filmed it. Its hard to get good help :x :x :x

Bloody good weekend

Cheers Richard

its_that_guy2
Hard Yaka

Postby its_that_guy2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 am

heres a lil useless info that you may find amusing ...
well i do now anyhow to some extent .

after coming home late on sunday the mrs was a lil odd .... didnt say a hell of a lot .. didnt even ask if i had broken the truck like normal...

Monday .. still very very quiet ......
Tuesday ... figured something was wrong so up nice n early to cook a awesome brekky and a coffee for her before she woke up ( damage control ) only to be told she wasnt hungry and was late had to rush off ...

got home mid arvo to find my room looking a lil odd .... took some time after looking at all the obvious things .. then off to the fridge for a beer .... a note on one last can ...

this is how it went .

" i figured you'd go straight to the fridge don't be alarmed when you go in and see my things have gone .. i think you need to figure out whats more important to you . your truck and playing in puddles or me if i dont hear from you in the next few days ill assume your out buying new gumboots "

after reading this i was quite parched and needed more drinks .. soo off i went had a ponder and well

they aint puddles man they are bogs she hated 4wd'n and well plenty more fish in the sea aint there

so my mates been here having a few quiets ( just left ) and we came to the conclusion trucks are better than ( most ) chicks due to the fact you can thrash the snot outta them all day and even let ya mates thrash em from time to time ..
park em up for a week covered in crap and do it all again next weekend without a hint of whining or having to go to dinner with the folks etc ..
i mean has your 4wd ever told you that you need to go visit a mechanic and be on your best behavior lol

man im gonna have a hangover in the morning :lol:

well ... im now committed to 4wd'n i think

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 am

Jafa took me to Ayers Rock for a challenge. He got up after a bit of a struggle.

It was obvious momentum was needed. Had 4 goes under full noise slammed a tree and got towed up by Jafa.

Results. smashed light. Bent bull bar

Cheers Richard

Bolo
2XL

Postby Bolo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:57 am

gees it didnt look that bad with all the mud on it and in it :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Your name is Bolo and it will stay that way until you have earnt the right to be called your real name........................ Bolo

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:08 am

its_that_guy2 wrote:
so my mates been here having a few quiets ( just left ) and we came to the conclusion trucks are better than ( most ) chicks due to the fact you can thrash the snot outta them all day and even let ya mates thrash em from time to time ..
park em up for a week covered in crap and do it all again next weekend without a hint of whining or having to go to dinner with the folks etc ..
i mean has your 4wd ever told you that you need to go visit a mechanic and be on your best behavior lol

Dead right and a truck will let you go in any hole too :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 am

haynzy wrote:Dead right and a truck will let you go in any hole too :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

so was your leave pass revoked last weekend dude :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

possum70
It was a Ford Hilux I think?

Postby possum70 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:25 am

it's a hard road to find the right truck/woman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anyway my advise is you are who you are, you meet someone for who they are NOT for who you want them to be. :roll:
Last edited by possum70 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligence is like a four-wheel drive. It allows you to get stuck in more remote places.

Rattley old Hilux !!!!
V8 Cruisers Rule!!!!

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 am

skid wrote:
haynzy wrote:Dead right and a truck will let you go in any hole too :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

sort of, and it now seems the akas for me is like whanga to badnuz, I will get there one day!!
Oh and the liver was still recovering from the friday before when goldie and wisard forced me to drink a whole bottle of whisky :lol:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:54 am

Whanga-now there is a great idea, we should do it as a summer shiney trip???
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:49 pm

haynzy wrote:
skid wrote:

sort of, and it now seems the akas for me is like whanga to badnuz, I will get there one day!!
Oh and the liver was still recovering from the friday before when goldie and wisard forced me to drink a whole bottle of whisky :lol:

Yeah and you sure took a lot of forcing too lol :roll: :roll: But mind you, by the time you were almost at the end of that bottle of CC, you were a laugh a minute, not to say some of the shit you were dribbling was hard to understand with the slurred speech, the expletives and the arm waving etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:50 pm

badnuz wrote:Whanga-now there is a great idea, we should do it as a summer shiney trip???

Good idea Euan, we can organise it as a club/ORE trip and just camp at the camping grounds down by the footy grounds. :wink:

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:32 pm

wisard2 wrote:Yeah and you sure took a lot of forcing too lol :roll: :roll: But mind you, by the time you were almost at the end of that bottle of CC, you were a laugh a minute, not to say some of the shit you were dribbling was hard to understand with the slurred speech, the expletives and the arm waving etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slurring, :roll: you and goldie just gettin hard of hearin in ya old age, made perfect sense to me :lol: :lol:

mudnutz
Ol' Green Coal Range

Postby mudnutz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:39 pm

its_that_guy2 wrote:heres a lil useless info that you may find amusing ...
well i do now anyhow to some extent .

after coming home late on sunday the mrs was a lil odd .... didnt say a hell of a lot .. didnt even ask if i had broken the truck like normal...

Monday .. still very very quiet ......
Tuesday ... figured something was wrong so up nice n early to cook a awesome brekky and a coffee for her before she woke up ( damage control ) only to be told she wasnt hungry and was late had to rush off ...

got home mid arvo to find my room looking a lil odd .... took some time after looking at all the obvious things .. then off to the fridge for a beer .... a note on one last can ...

this is how it went .

" i figured you'd go straight to the fridge don't be alarmed when you go in and see my things have gone .. i think you need to figure out whats more important to you . your truck and playing in puddles or me if i dont hear from you in the next few days ill assume your out buying new gumboots "

after reading this i was quite parched and needed more drinks .. soo off i went had a ponder and well

they aint puddles man they are bogs she hated 4wd'n and well plenty more fish in the sea aint there

man im gonna have a hangover in the morning :lol:

Bloody hell has she ever been out with you, she might find she actually likes it :shock: .Good to see you have got your priorities right .......very important :wink: Good luck :D

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 pm

mudnutz wrote:
its_that_guy2 wrote: we came to the conclusion trucks are better than ( most ) chicks due to the fact you can thrash the snot outta them all day and even let ya mates thrash em from time to time .. this is wrong dude

Bloody hell has she ever been out with you, she might find she actually likes it :shock: .Good to see you have got your priorities right .......very important :wink: Good luck :D

hahahahaha, Karen not read this forum Rob :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

mudnutz
Ol' Green Coal Range

Postby mudnutz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 pm

skid wrote:
mudnutz wrote:
its_that_guy2 wrote: we came to the conclusion trucks are better than ( most ) chicks due to the fact you can thrash the snot outta them all day and even let ya mates thrash em from time to time .. this is wrong dude

hahahahaha, Karen not read this forum Rob :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am lucky she knows how nessessary it is to get every available cent you can scrape together and blow it on battered old 4WD vehicles :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

mudnutz
Ol' Green Coal Range

Postby mudnutz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Crikey Skid where the hell did THAT photo come from :shock: :shock: :shock: :?:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:25 pm

mudnutz wrote:Crikey Skid where the hell did THAT photo come from :shock: :shock: :shock: :?:

wadda ya reckon

sexy aye

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 am

Jafa and myself went up " Diff Dinger "at Ralleywoods.

Not very clear but for ones who don't know ,it has a couple of vertical rock faces about 800-900 mm high. Jafa country

Cheers Richard

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Jerry has already included this in a Video but I think Euans ( badnuz) excitement is worth showing again as he tows my Hilux. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I catch up some day Euan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Richard
Last edited by Bulletproof on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm

:D :lol: :mrgreen:

such a proud moment 8)
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

Return to “Planning a trip?”