Motosoc Easter weekend trip to Pucker Park

SamLogan
Hard Yaka

Motosoc Easter weekend trip to Pucker Park

Postby SamLogan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey guys and gals,

Over the past few years University of Canterbury's club Motosoc has run a trip to Hanmer's Pucker Park. Some have been big events and others not so big. I have taken on the role as 4WD Rep this year for the club even though I am not at uni and it is my job to run this event. Due to the lack of 4wd's around uni that seem to be interested in partaking in any 4wd events, as a club we have decided to branch out and open it to members on ORE so here goes:

It will be run on Easter weekend leaving Christchurch on Friday the 29th of March and coming back on Sunday 31st of March. So that is 2 nights we will be up there. You do not need to stay the night if you do not wish to. We will supply some food and alcohol (I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE DRINKING AND DRIVING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED). If you drink like a fish or eat like a horse you might want to bring some of your own supplies. We will supply a bonfire, couches which in typical Uni student style will probably end up on the fire, a band, potentially a DJ, a bbq (and spit with a sheep for Saturday night) and somewhere to pitch a tent. There may even be some equivalent of blue shit for when it gets cold (Colour to be announced in due course). We are trying to make it family friendly during the day and then who knows what will happen later on. In asking everyone on ORE we are also hoping that people who do not have 4wd's will be able to jump in someone else's truck for a ride around the park. We are putting costs at $60 for a truck with driver for the weekend (All the goodies above included) and $40 for others. We are running a day only cost for the Saturday of $30 for a truck and $10 a person. We will run a bbq at lunch and dinner for $5 dollars a head for those who come up for the day.

As there is also a Motocross track we will also allow bikes. The cost will be the same. We are also trying to get discounts at the pools for those who feel a wee dip might help freshen them up. We will need to confirm numbers on the Wednesday (27th) to ensure that we have enough food etc for the event.

If you have any questions post away.

Cheers
Sam

SamLogan
Hard Yaka

Re: Motosoc Easter weekend trip to Pucker Park

Postby SamLogan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey everyone,

Just checking to see if anyone is interested. The band is locked in and the spit i hope to have sorted this week so if you are keen for a bit of fun let me know.

Cheers
Sam

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Anyone here heading to this? Was supposed to be tramping but that's just been canned.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Taz wrote:Anyone here heading to this? Was supposed to be tramping but that's just been canned.

Yep will be going up :mrgreen:

H2OLOVA
Hard Yaka

Postby H2OLOVA » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 am

I'll be there too
***Got the balls, just ain't got the bucks***

SamLogan
Hard Yaka

Postby SamLogan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 am

Hey guys,

We have changed the pricing a bit. It is now 55 bucks for the weekend including food and some booze (A variation of blue shit that we will call clear shit mixed in with some punch ingredients) so it is a bit cheaper. It should be a fun weekend as the weather is meant to be good. Will try and run a few challengers as well (Like how many times Turoa needs to be pulled out by a Toyota). We will be leaving at around 10am on Friday so if you are keen let us know so we can find a good meeting point.

Sam

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 am

Was going to try pop in on the way down tonight but working instead =/
Hope you get a few trucks there. Saw the moonshine on facebook :lol:
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

Return to “Planning a trip?”