NO NAME RD

furnace
Hard Yaka

NO NAME RD

Postby furnace » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Just wondering what No Name Rd is like these days,may have a bit of a look in the near future and Cockeye Creek. Cheers Bruce

L-andy
Hard Yaka

Re: NO NAME RD

Postby L-andy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi Bruce,
we took 30 trucks on the NZFWDA Southern Safari through there in late Oct and it was in pretty good order.

Havn't been into Cockeye for a few years it was badly overgrown with gorse then. No idea what it is like now.

Cheers

Andy

shaun.paddy
Bush Crasher

Postby shaun.paddy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:15 pm

No names pretty tame, went through last weeken in the saf, most of it's doable in 2wd unless the greenstones got a bit of water coming down it. Gorse has closed in a bit in the odd place but mostly good going. A bit of fun around the mud plug mid way through.

I went down cockeye about November last year, it was much more challenging compared to no name. I hadn't been on the track before. It looked as though it had only been recently opened. The tracks probably not suitable for a shiney if you want to keep it that way :twisted: itd only get the odd bit of bush rash...
We had to winch one climb out of the creek, the rest was fine. Had to 'reinstate' a bit of the track through the bush where the river had scoured out the exit. A fun track. If it's been raining there would be a deeper hole or two lower down.

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:34 am

shaun.paddy wrote:No names pretty tame, went through last weeken in the saf, most of it's doable in 2wd unless the greenstones got a bit of water coming down it. Gorse has closed in a bit in the odd place but mostly good going. A bit of fun around the mud plug mid way through.

I went down cockeye about November last year, it was much more challenging compared to no name. I hadn't been on the track before. It looked as though it had only been recently opened. The tracks probably not suitable for a shiney if you want to keep it that way :twisted: itd only get the odd bit of bush rash...
We had to winch one climb out of the creek, the rest was fine. Had to 'reinstate' a bit of the track through the bush where the river had scoured out the exit. A fun track. If it's been raining there would be a deeper hole or two lower down.

LOL Nah not a shiney in anyway lol..Jeep Wrangler with lockers with lot of bush rash and dings,mite have a look at both have done both quite a few times but a while ago..cheers
Last edited by furnace on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 am

L-andy wrote:Hi Bruce,
we took 30 trucks on the NZFWDA Southern Safari through there in late Oct and it was in pretty good order.

Havn't been into Cockeye for a few years it was badly overgrown with gorse then. No idea what it is like now.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy,will have a look at both i think ...i have a section just on other side of the Greenstone with a big old bus on it,just been slack lately and not bought the Jeep over

shaun.paddy
Bush Crasher

Postby shaun.paddy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 am

Have you done liverpool bills? (I think thats what its called) thats another good track close by. Similar driving to cockeye.
let me know if your keen for another truck to come along, i live 10mins from greenstone end of no name.
Cheers.

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 am

shaun.paddy wrote:Have you done liverpool bills? (I think thats what its called) thats another good track close by. Similar driving to cockeye.
let me know if your keen for another truck to come along, i live 10mins from greenstone end of no name.
Cheers.

No i hav'vt and will do,will be over on sat but on the bike..lol..you must be close to me,i'm just up the road

4x4man
Hard Yaka

Postby 4x4man » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:22 pm

hello
i was just wondering if i could get through no name rd in just a standard ute???

L-andy
Hard Yaka

Postby L-andy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:56 am

The north half from Marsden to where it crosses over Cape Terrace Rd is easily doable in a standard Ute.
The southern part down across the Greenstone is quite a bit rougher and can have deep water if the rivers are up. Probably not advisable for a stock Ute but I'm sure it has been done ;0)

Andy

4x4man
Hard Yaka

Postby 4x4man » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:26 am

thanks for that
me and my mate are just new to 4x4 and looking for some tracks to do
are there any other tracks around the westcoast area ???

thanks

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:24 pm

4x4man wrote:thanks for that
me and my mate are just new to 4x4 and looking for some tracks to do
are there any other tracks around the westcoast area ???

thanks

Absolutely heaps.
here is a starter for you.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43046&p=438694

4x4man
Hard Yaka

Postby 4x4man » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:38 pm

thanks
but how do i find out where these tracks are ???
also is greenland very difficult ???

antsarooney
Hard Yaka

Postby antsarooney » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Try google man its all on the internet.

4x4man
Hard Yaka

Postby 4x4man » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:41 pm

thanks
that helps

4x4man
Hard Yaka

Postby 4x4man » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:18 pm

just wondering how long it would take to drive no name rd allowing abit of time for stops ???

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:37 pm

4x4man wrote:just wondering how long it would take to drive no name rd allowing abit of time for stops ???

Easily cruise through in an afternoon or explore all the side tracks and creeks and fill in a day.

Return to “Planning a trip?”