Longer Springs

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Longer Springs

Postby SP450andLE » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Some of you may have seen these, but thought I'd post it up anyways - http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/lada/25_lada.html

But is Terraquip still trading (they supply Ironman 4x4)?
tomsoffroad wrote:None of us know what we are doing really. But thats how you get experience.

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Re: Longer Springs

Postby Hoodoo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:38 am

Are they actually longer, or just stronger? Most 'lift' springs do this by being stronger and compressing less, rather than being longer.
They give the lift, but at the expense of a harder, harsher ride, and a noticeable lack of flexibility.
This is the only reason I don't use them. I think Lada got the spring rates right in the beginning, and would love to find a set of longer springs of the standard rating. Until then, I've got spacers fitted.
Regards,

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I know nothing about ladas but those rear springs seem a bit hard. Holding 35mm with 200kg? Fronts might be ok but yeah beware the different rates. Could end up with a jacked up lada that flexes like a bulldozer.

Does stretching the stock springs work at all? I mean the things pretty light and it might work ok.

KIWI_TERRANO
Hard Yaka

Postby KIWI_TERRANO » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Talk to of all people mag and turbo warehouse, dobi make a 2inch lift for nivas, old boys got kit in his huntng truck goes great!

Las i know 400 bucks to for four springs, raw and rancho i think make shocks

Return to “Lada”