Del Fuego's Lada

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Re: Del Fuego's Lada

Postby Del Fuego » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:22 pm

I will... as soon as I fit the diff and tow it to aforementioned new pad... unfortunately I have completely rooted my back so no diff lifting for a few more weeks... my life is currently all just a bit much :/

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Postby Hoodoo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:33 am

You have my sympathy with having a bad back!! I got sciatica (slipped disc) back in the early 70's from getting in and out of minis, and it's been with me off and on since then. Can be fine one minute then, 'click' it's gone again and lasts for a month or so. I'm also a carer for my wife, which involves lifting, pushing, bending, hauling etc. She tells me I'm not allowed to go on strike!! :D
Still, I'm still fairly active (I think)!! :lol:
Regards,
John.

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:31 pm

half pie contemplating selling this, I have so much going on at the moment that I can't really justify the time it needs, haven't even had a chance to bolt the new front diff in and now my old flatmates are moving so I need to put it back together and move it..

Anyone want to make an offer? give me money (or swap for something? Road legal car or motorbike?) and you can bolt up the dif and take it home with you?

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks some epic friends the Lada is back in one piece, drivable, and at my house after mouldering on the driveway of the old flat for months... turns out I wasn't JUST a retard, it was kinda more of a 2 man job fortunately enough Chris is 1.5 men and my .5 made up the balance... the miracle is it only took a couple hours... and started (more or less) right up after months of sitting... I take this as a positive sign.

Just need to procure a couple of correct size/pitch nuts for the diff (It is on... but not as secure as I would like) bolt it back up, fill it up with oil... then give it a good tune... and HOON!

Pics:

Pics of my lawn looking kinda west... but west in a euro kinda way...

Tucked away in it's corner

One million thanks to everyone who helped!! :D

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Postby Hoodoo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 am

Good news is ALWAYS welcome!! :D
Regards,
John

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Ok so I need to get the CV Boot thing replaced which is fine but I also need to get a new bracket... the one that bolts to the driver side of the front diff where the shaft bolts up

Does that come as part of the package if i buy a new CV for it... or is it separate? I just can't figure out how it would be removed if it is a separate bit...

Does that make sense?

bracket on right of pic

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Postby Hoodoo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 am

Afraid that bracket is a separate item, held in place by the bearing that seats in the diff. If you take the shaft out of the diff, you'll see clearly how it's held in place. An easy change, if you've got another!! Can it be welded?
Regards,
John

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah... it is welded currently... just that my welding I don't trust all that much haha.. feels and looks strong enough would just rather have a fresh one and couldn't see how it detaches/attaches when it was apart :/

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Postby Hoodoo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:16 am

If memory serves, it's circlip, bearing, bracket. Nothing tight fitting, and the bracket just sits there, very much like the retainer plate on a back axle shaft.
Regards,
John

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 am

So this thing still goes, I have only driven it forward and backward to mow under it.

Still needs the front diff filled with oil, a new cv boot and potentially a new bracket thing as described above.

I'm sick of the sight of it however and don't use it enough to justify it's existence...

Someone make me an offer and move it from my lawn... cash? Swap for something interesting?

Whatcha got

Return to “Lada”