Buying parts from Russia anyone had experience?

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Buying parts from Russia anyone had experience?

Postby Del Fuego » Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I know this is a bit random... but this kit looks pretty ok and as far as I can tell for about 90bucks kiwi plus some freight I would be willing to give it a shot... however it is near impossible to make a purchase (let alone figure out if they ship internationally) even with the google translate... figured I would ask if anyone has had any luck with this sort of thing/speaks russian lol.

Anyway:
Original

http://www.nivashop.ru/vcd-12-1-3419/goodsinfo.html

translation

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... sinfo.html

pic for pretty green colour

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Re: Buying parts from Russia anyone had experience?

Postby Swamped » Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Cheers, will try what they suggest lol :)

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Fri May 18, 2012 11:38 pm

hey just be aware that you cannot try ship that particular kit du to the shocks.
sounds dum I know :?
But because of the compresed gasses in shock there classed as dangerous for air freight. :?
I know this cos I was gona get some outa europe and it was a flat out no. :evil:
Ibe habe been looking at that site for a while buy havent been brave enough to try purchase anything yet.....

we needs us a person that speeks Russian Me thinks :mrgreen:

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

I bought this......... online 8)

it appears the flight was a long time :(

I rode that biarch as hard as I could

some of you may had that stinging feeling when you take a piss :oops:

ended up winning with THE best hilux :mrgreen:

I love you all, you attention whores :mrgreen:

rob-mu
Hard Yaka

Postby rob-mu » Sat May 19, 2012 12:04 pm

hey just be aware that you cannot try ship that particular kit du to the shocks.
But because of the compresed gasses in shock there classed as dangerous for air freight. :?

Strange as I just got some Kyb shocks sent from the uk
Rob

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Postby SP450andLE » Sat May 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Helpful as ever Rex.

Vince, you could try to get the kit without the shocks?

But then that'll just create more translation problems :roll:

Just do what I do and go round pickapart finding suitable lift springs :D
tomsoffroad wrote:None of us know what we are doing really. But thats how you get experience.

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Sat May 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Funny as Rexo, you da man!

Don't feel bad about it, it's not like Lada owners have feelings or anything :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly guys, why would you import shit from Russia for these things? There must be much better alternatives world wide?
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Postby SP450andLE » Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 pm

The russian stuff is usually the best, seeing as the vehicles are russian themelves.

And the prices are usually quite good, at least compared the the kits you can get from other places.
tomsoffroad wrote:None of us know what we are doing really. But thats how you get experience.

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Sun May 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Subject: Buying parts from Russia anyone had experience?

rob-mu wrote:

Rob

Well look at you rob! wow!

this is the shiping disclamer on the site where I buy some of my stuff from

Shock absorbers are only sold to members of the EU. Inside EU the shipping is made by truck. Outside EU, the shipping is via air-mail (and any liquids in the air-cargo is forbidden)

wunder why I would of thought what I did :shock: :?

any way as you prob know already you won't need longer front shocks only the rears.
after snaping one rear I took the other one into apco and they matched it up with a slightly longer set for me. works well. :D

rob-mu
Hard Yaka

Postby rob-mu » Sun May 20, 2012 1:16 pm

ladeda wrote:Subject: Buying parts from Russia anyone had experience?

rob-mu wrote:

Rob

Shock absorbers are only sold to members of the EU. Inside EU the shipping is made by truck. Outside EU, the shipping is via air-mail (and any liquids in the air-cargo is forbidden)

any way as you prob know already you won't need longer front shocks only the rears.
after snaping one rear I took the other one into apco and they matched it up with a slightly longer set for me. works well. :D

No need to be a smart ass about it mate,was just stating my experience .if you have any problems with that PM me to discuss
Rob

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Postby Nivapulledout » Mon May 21, 2012 6:12 am

TO be honest if it is just a lift kit you are after better off making wedge front lift(hoodo Mk1) and lift ring spacers for the rear then put on D21 terrano shocks for the rear. The postage and time it takes to muck around and inport duties would not make it worth while. however if you are getting more serious stuff Ie Cardin shafts,difflocks, 3:1 transfers then adding on the lift kit is doable.

I bought my LSDs and lift gear from a guy on ebay that would get anything I wanted. but I dont think he is selling on there anymore

these guys have a good rep and some nifty kit.

http://www.ladaworld.com/

lada sport is where I got my 4.7:1 diff ratios.

http://www.lada-sport.de/

This is where I got my difflocks the guy is called michael and can be contacted on info@protrack.gr in english.
http://www.protrack.gr/proionta/lada/52 ... -niva.html

hope it all helps.

Craig

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

All very helpful thanks :)

Mainly I can't be bother going and getting all the bits machined up as in my experience, because I'm not the best at explaining what i need i find things come back wrong or more expensive than anticipated and so would rather just buy a kit that i know will do the job if that makes sense... if it all works out too hard then I will get something made up but figured it was worth looking at all the options :)

rangimotors
Hard Yaka

Postby rangimotors » Mon May 21, 2012 4:41 pm

ladeda wrote:Subject: Buying parts from Russia anyone had experience?

rob-mu wrote:

Rob

Your a tool mate, stick to your Lada i rexpect the reason they wont ship the kits is the shipping would be worth more than both the kit and the lada combined. Enjoy your scrap yard.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experiance!

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon May 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Rangimotors: Irrelevant response is uncalled for and not necessary, if you have a problem with Ladas then perhaps don't frequent the section which deals only with the brand?... also please don't make me go all grammar nazi on you :p

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Mon May 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Wheres the popcorn :roll: :shock: :lol:
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

rangimotors
Hard Yaka

Postby rangimotors » Mon May 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Del Fuego wrote:Rangimotors: Irrelevant response is uncalled for and not necessary, if you have a problem with Ladas then perhaps don't frequent the section which deals only with the brand?... also please don't make me go all grammar nazi on you :p

I haven't got a problem with Lada's (i did own one at one point). I have a problem with one guy on here who constantly give smart ass, obnoxious replies to people who are just trying to help. If the guy already knows everything then why bother filling up good forums with bullshit all the time?

Nothing to do with this topic sorry guys so perhaps a pm answer would be better.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experiance!

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Postby SP450andLE » Mon May 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Ooh, I'm not involved for once! :lol:

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon May 21, 2012 5:50 pm

haha yeah, got a bit silly there while I wasn't watching... if it continues I will just request a thread lock, no need for those shenanigans lol

Fair enough Rangimotors, but yeah, PM would likely be more appropriate place for those sorts of comments... and to be fair I think the previous responses were relatively constructive if not entirely necessary. All good though, many thanks for the explanation :D

rangimotors
Hard Yaka

Postby rangimotors » Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm

if you read back over the post its just yet another example of someone who has read something railroading over someone who has actually been there and done it. Everyone is allowed an opinion but that does not give you the right to mock someone who is trying to add something constructive. Maybe Rob had a way to get around the rules etc when he got his shocks into the country, would he ever bother telling you guys now? I doubt it.

Anyone, enough from me (yes i have got my grumpy pants on today) good luck with the build.

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon May 21, 2012 6:27 pm

yup, fair enough comment and many thanks for everyone's input :D

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Postby Nivapulledout » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Honestly making the lift kit is easy,

with a 30cm length of 25x25 box you can do the front.
with a fat chunk of anything you can make up the spacers for the rear.
D21 terrano shocks from super cheap
and for the ball joint spacers. I actually have a spare set of 20mm ones,(still work but need more adjustment to the camber)

I will be back in aug I could send you the ball joint spacers to take to a machine shop to copy in 25mm.

If you can wait till dec-jan I will be back in the country and I can do the front lift for you in less than a day. but all you need is a cutting disk on an angle grinder and access to a welder. I would be more than happy to have you come down to Te Awamutu in dec or jan for a couple of days and we could do the whole job. might even have a few brown ones in the fridge to keep the thought processes going.

Rangi motors. I agree with addressing the bitchiness but dont bag on ladas too much bro. mine would eat 80% of the wagons on this forum for breakfast (once I get it going) each to his own wagon I say. If not we would have no variety out there and it would be boring.

Peace out.

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon May 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Cheers dude, I should probably stop being such a lazy bugger, I suspect a lot of it is that every job I start seems to lead to another hence ready made/convenience would be good. Ok I will have a more serious look at it... I have both some 50mm box... grinder and welder lol :)

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Postby Nivapulledout » Mon May 21, 2012 8:53 pm

I prefer the wedge front lift as it makes the springs sit flatter, if you use the spacer lift in the front (hoodoo mk II ) then the springs are rather uneven.

there is lots of info on baxters site on how to do the wedge lift and I found the hardest part was putting the springs back in.(lots of tyres on bonnet did the trick)

one of the best mods you can do to the niva. will fit 30" tyres under with not much trimming.

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 pm

I agree
here is some picks to compair

FILE0054.JPG

without wedge

FILE0053.JPG

with wedge

you can see what nivapulledout is saying about the bowing of the spring.
as You can imagine it would only get worse if springs were longer.
the only downside to doing it this way I found was having to cut down the lower spring baseplate to make clearence for the outer tie rod end on full lock and articulation but no big deal really just a bit of grinding.

Nivapulledout
Hard Yaka

Postby Nivapulledout » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 am

mmm thanks for bringing that Up I forgot to do that to booger, will have to remember that.

edit: just read up on baxters site and I have no problem as I removed the front sway bar,

sorted.

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Postby Hoodoo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:17 am

Upper ball joint spacers are a good idea, although I've never used them. I spaced the upper arm out by about 3mm on each mounting bolt (2 per side) then ground down the lip of the upper bumpstop mount to ensure the arm had sufficient clearance. Allows the cup to drain too! Bumpstop itself cut down by 1".
Main reason for all that (and the wedges in the first place) is that I was using what I had lying around in the garage. It's worked fine for 9 years on this motor, and 8 on the last one, so I'm not about to change!
Make your own. The wedges take about 45 minutes and you get covered in disc dust! :D
Regards,

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Nivapulledout wrote:mmm thanks for bringing that Up I forgot to do that to booger, will have to remember that.

edit: just read up on baxters site and I have no problem as I removed the front sway bar,

sorted.

hey It wasn't the front sway bar brackets that caused the issue for me it was the lip that goes around the spring plate at the back end of the plate it fouls up .

If ya like i can take a photo to show ya what I mean,
But still its really no biggie to grind it down a bit and I dout it will affect the strength of it aswell

Return to “Lada”