finally started

bull
Winch master

finally started

Postby bull » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

I have finally started.after seven years of owning my lada I have finally started on some alterations.I have just finished changing the transfer box and diff ratios[3 weekends ago] and have now started trimming the guards.The front ones are easy [they are only single skin] and have trimmed one of the rear guards[yesterday] but they will take a little more time[they are double skinned].I have gone to 5.1 in the diff ratios and 3.1 transfer box.that should slow the old girl down!!I am running 30x9.5 on so the haircut to the guards was necessary[even with a 4 '' lift they still seem to rub].I eventually want to take the roof off and build a type of space frame /roll bar thing so that it does not bend like a banana.I saw a neat idea of youtube a couple of weeks ago...there was a lada with the bonnet opening like a conventual bonnet[opening at the front and hinged at the windscreen end] so I might have a go as well.I am just plodding along so it may take a while.

Hoodoo
Bush Crasher

Re: finally started

Postby Hoodoo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:55 am

And, of course, we need you to keep us informed with photos! Does sound interesting though!
Regards,
John

bull
Winch master

Re: finally started

Postby bull » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 am

I dont know how to drive those new fangled machines!!I will have to get my daughter to do that.

Return to “Lada”