Group buy, Runva Winches

Moderator: Vendors

Nick555
Bush Crasher

Re: Group buy, Runva Winches

Postby Nick555 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 am

im a maybe on this one still. Am trying to scrape togeather the pennys. Stupid fridge if it didnt die i could get one easy

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:00 am

I got one must have been a year or more ago the 12000lb one and really rate it, never let me down yet, never had a problem with it. If your unsure read marks underwater excursion with his one :lol: :lol: Looking at getting one for the LR as its going in the costa :wink:

http://www.kiwi4x4.org.nz/sites/kiwi4x4 ... 202008.pdf <-- scroll to the bottom
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

Nick555
Bush Crasher

Postby Nick555 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 am

Very kool write up. sells me on the winches even more. And makes me think i should get a radio

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:07 pm

what do you get with the hydraulic winch does it include any valves etc

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Just fitted the GEW 10,000lb over the weekend. No problems, all, colour coded.Even fitted an incab switch into solenoid box, and box mounted under bonett. I would have to say I was impressed with the speed of the winch as were the cobbers that were with with me.
AL

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Good to hear Al, be interested to hear how it performs on the Lake Daniels trip

kiwipete
Hard Yaka

Postby kiwipete » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:53 pm

albundy wrote:Just fitted the GEW 10,000lb over the weekend. No problems, all, colour coded.Even fitted an incab switch into solenoid box, and box mounted under bonett. I would have to say I was impressed with the speed of the winch as were the cobbers that were with with me.
AL

Well done Al, you won't be disappointed im sure.
Ok people, move along. Nothing to see here. Thank you, move along.
Ph 0212078472

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 pm

PM's sent to all people who expressed interest,

Come on guys, these are really good prices for a good winch/s !

Dace
Hard Yaka

Postby Dace » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Hate to be a kill joy but can hold my tongue no longer.

I have had mine fitted to my Hilux for about 12 months and only worked proper for about 3 of them

First, I had a problem with the power switch on the solenoid box, was easy to bypass later but when I needed the winch, it was not there for me.

Then about 5 months ago, the winch stoped again, the solenoids were clicking but no one home.

I tried for 2 months to get help from Winch.co.nz but to no avail, after the first email, he didn't reply to any requests for help for the problem (the winch, by the way was still under the 12 month warrenty!!!)

Finally I gave up on him and pulled the solnoid box to pieces, found nothing wrong but learned how the power supply circuits worked.

I then removed and stripped the winch motor and after a bit of testing etc, found a design/assembly flaw in the brush contact setup, got it sorted and refitted and goes great now, but not over happy with importers after sales service

Dave.

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:09 am

Hmmn, that's the first i`ve heard of bad service, have heard they`ve failed but Mike's been good for parts and support,

Also you`ll have to let us know how to do the upgrade for better reliability.

Mike, care to comment on this one ?

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 am

That description of service is the total opposite to what some colleaguers of mine recieved. The club bought a pile of them off him. One c rapped out, replaced instantly. One of the casing cracked from to hard a use and he replaced it even though he didn't have to. Would like to see some pics/drawings of the mode you did to the brushes.
Al

ToYoda
Hard Yaka

Postby ToYoda » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

Hey
I'm going to buy DB's old Runva off thundergutts, as he has upgraded. Hope you get the numbers!!
Cheers

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am

albundy wrote:That description of service is the total opposite to what some colleaguers of mine recieved. The club bought a pile of them off him. One c rapped out, replaced instantly. One of the casing cracked from to hard a use and he replaced it even though he didn't have to. Would like to see some pics/drawings of the mode you did to the brushes.
Al

Here's the link to Daces thread when he was trying to get help sorting the winch problem. http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 79#p176679
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

tpft
Hard Yaka

Postby tpft » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:13 am

i,m not sure how all this works Mike? jetboy007 or sinin?
is there only one guy selling runva? or a couple?
is there any differance between them?

reason i asked my mate bought was supposed runva winch of dreaded trade me for considerably cheaper then on offer here?

i imagine winch will spend a lot of time in the weather, will not get used much, but when it does it will be differance between family of 5{3 young kids) spending night in the bush....................

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:19 pm

tpft wrote:i,m not sure how all this works Mike? jetboy007 or sinin?
is there only one guy selling runva? or a couple?
is there any differance between them?

reason i asked my mate bought was supposed runva winch of dreaded trade me for considerably cheaper then on offer here?

i imagine winch will spend a lot of time in the weather, will not get used much, but when it does it will be differance between family of 5{3 young kids) spending night in the bush....................

jetboy007.

Think Mike's one of the main importers.

Just bear in mind that he does this winch thing on the side, its not his day job!!!!

So if reply's to emails are slow, it's cause he's busy workin like the rest of us :)

Personally, i have found the support for the winch's out standing!!!!!!!!
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

madmike
Driver/Navigator

Postby madmike » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Ok everyone, there must have been a breakdown in communication or something for that to have gone unsolved. I will certainly be going through all my old emails tonight to see where it went wrong!!

I am the supplier of all the larger Runva winches in NZ. You will find me on http://www.winch.co.nz and also on trademe as jetboy007. Sinin is also a supplier of Runva winches but deals mostly with the smaller models. (We do not sell the same models)

My feedback is excellent to date so I am very surprised to hear that Dace had soooo many issues. I will be sure to get to the bottom of this.

The winches are reliable as you can see from my feedback on Trademe, ORE and also from the club latest class winch challenge results! The comp results and feedback speak for itself. Runva winches are quite a bit cheaper than any other model with the same quality on the market today. I do these ORE offers to help their members get into a good winch for a very good price. If you look on my website and also trademe, these offered prices are 20% below retail...

I hope this answered all the questions and have put minds at ease.

Michael :D

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Well guys you have to give the man his due's. Mine will get a good test this weekend, and those that know me, if it doesn't perform (which I am sure it will) I will be on the blower ASAP. I do hope more people take up this offer. It is good to see our forum being recognised for the worth that it is. Some of us have gone thorough some tough battles, and gone by the wayside to see it get here. This could be the first of many different deals done for the froum membership. We deserve it. Support it.
Al

Andrew1706
Hard Yaka

Postby Andrew1706 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:22 pm

We did a rescue mission last night with a Runva 9500 (the real fast one).

Hooked onto the truck, hit the go button lights dim and winch don't go!! Opened the bonnet and found the loose earth on the battery :D

After that it performed flawlessly. This particular one had played up in the past and had been serviced, then when doing a strong pull it suddenly just took off on it's own but aside from that it's fine :D

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm gonna be a little bit arrogant, and say that 90% of the problems people have with these winch's are due to the installation practice's.

There's nothing special about wiring up your winch, and certainly nothing special about the Runva winch wireing, but making sure your solenoid pack is in a safe dry place, making sure your connections to the battery and winch motor are flawless and that the winch's are keep dry, and serviced immediatly if they have been sumbmerged will ensure reliability.

This is no different to a Warn, or comeup, or any other brand. Infact, after pulling a Warn XD9000 apart last weekend, i would say the gearbox and motor casing design in terms of sealing, is better on the Runva!!!!!

Most people seem to buy these winch's cause they are cost effective, slap them on their truck, test them on the front lawn then forget about them untill they need them several months down the track.

In the mean time the solenoid pack has been sitting out on the bull bar in the weather mounted on its side with the kill switch exposed, the winch has been under water or in the mud, or water balsted with the rest of the truck a couple of time's.
The battery connections that were tight at the time have worked loose as they have not been checked since they were installed.
The list goes on........................

Then they are suprised when they have issues.

Like i said, its an arrogant comment, but there is definatly an element of installation error in most winch problems IMHO

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:34 am

I would have to strongly agree with you DB. I went on a club trip several years ago into lake daniels. Several trucks collapsed wheel bearings and broke CV's. On closer expection the swivel hubs were all shiny, no or minimal grease in the CV's and no grease in the bearings. Long day recopvering and fixing trucks due to people not spending a little time preparing or masintaining their trucks. I mentioned it as a safety issues to the safety guy only to be fobbed off. No longer a member.
Al

mudy
Winch master

Postby mudy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 pm

Could be keen on a EWX9500-Q Electric Winch- depending on price

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 pm

prices are on page 2.

madmike
Driver/Navigator

Postby madmike » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 am

I agree with you guys! Around 50% of the problems I have dealt with so far has been user error...

TWO DAYS LEFT AND ONLY AROUND 5 WINCHES CONFIRMED....

kiwipete
Hard Yaka

Postby kiwipete » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 am

I can say one thing for sure, the wireless remotes make winching so much more flexible a and safer, they have a great range too.
My club was impressed when we did the demo last year. The observer was able to watch both the winch, truck placing and ground anchor with ease.

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for that Pete, I showed the missus the website last night and highlighted the remote set up. Told her that if I got anything else for my birthday it would result in divorce.
Al

kiwipete
Hard Yaka

Postby kiwipete » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:15 pm

albundy wrote:Thanks for that Pete, I showed the missus the website last night and highlighted the remote set up. Told her that if I got anything else for my birthday it would result in divorce.
Al

Good luck Al.
I take it you do not want woollen undies again. lol
If you want a squizz at mine (remote silly), pop over for a look.
Ok people, move along. Nothing to see here. Thank you, move along.
Ph 0212078472

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:26 pm

albundy wrote:Thanks for that Pete, I showed the missus the website last night and highlighted the remote set up. Told her that if I got anything else for my birthday it would result in divorce.
Al

So where are you going to move to then Al? :) :)
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

2MEKE
Hard Yaka

Postby 2MEKE » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm

madmike wrote:I agree with you guys! Around 50% of the problems I have dealt with so far has been user error...

TWO DAYS LEFT AND ONLY AROUND 5 WINCHES CONFIRMED....

Did you get my PM?
Doesn't seem to be any info regarding the hydraulic one on offer on your site.
What included for the price?
How do they perform on a power steering pump?
Specs would be good

Cheers

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:27 pm

#1 T-boon - EWX12000 Electric Winch
#2 rokhound - EWX12000 Electric Winch
#3 tpft - EWX12000 Electric Winch
#4 - PM?
#5 - PM?

# - Nick555 - Maybe
# - 2MEKE - Maybe
# - MUDY - Maybe

So far i`m pretty underwhelmed by the responce, :(

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Postby J_Dub » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:31 pm

you got my reply aye Dan? when i showed interest, i had gained a job after 4 weeks of no work due to my redundantcy, still got this job, but its not looking long term as i found out today, only maybe another 4 weeks, sorry guys

Return to “Winches, Accessories, Tools and Supplies”