2013 Kiwi Teams Challenge PICS UP HERE ;-)

skid
Tyre Man

Re: 2013 Kiwi Teams Challenge PICS UP HERE ;-)

Postby skid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:05 pm

80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Re: 2013 Kiwi Teams Challenge

Postby kbushnz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 pm

monstr wrote:On behalf of the Auck Jafa team i would like to thank Skid,Reece,All the marshals and helpers for a top event ,We had a ball,Excellent tracks and well run ,well worth the drive down .a special thanks to the extreme team who fixed Tonys bent arms after he tore the diff out on one stage :roll: without your help it would of been on a trailer heading home ,we will be back next year hopefully with another team .Steve

Yup second that.. Had a ball.. If you find a pink fleshy lump up on one of the tracks.... Its my left lung :lol:
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

SV1K
Site Admin

Postby SV1K » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:38 pm

I would like to thank everyone that has helped out this year with the Kiwi 4x4 challenge, without your support it wouldn't happen.

Thanks to the marshals and the competitors you all rock!!

This was the first time that I have driven and I can say that I really enjoyed every minute of it, I had a blast. Thanks to my navi Liam for his awesome spirit and ability to run up and down tracks without complaining much.. (apart from Rovers Revenge), thanks to the rest of my team as well it was a stress free weekend with no abusive words heard. I look forward to the next years challenge.

Cheers
Reece

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 pm

SV1K wrote:with no abusive words heard. I look forward to the next years challenge.

Cheers
Reece

Thats because we didn't have prs radios, who knows what mudnuts was saying when you kept breaking shit :mrgreen:

The navies were pretty awesome and thanks to ashley for stepping in last minute to fill the seat till my wife showed up finally 8)
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

mudnutz
Ol' Green Coal Range

Postby mudnutz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 am

SV1K wrote:I would like to thank everyone that has helped out this year with the Kiwi 4x4 challenge, without your support it wouldn't happen.

Thanks to the marshals and the competitors you all rock!!

This was the first time that I have driven and I can say that I really enjoyed every minute of it, I had a blast. Thanks to my navi Liam for his awesome spirit and ability to run up and down tracks without complaining much.. (apart from Rovers Revenge), thanks to the rest of my team as well it was a stress free weekend with no abusive words heard. I look forward to the next years challenge.

Cheers
Reece

X2. As above what an awesome weekend, many thanks to skid and all the marshals for all their time and effort. Thanks also to reece and mike for making it such a fun event, and our navvies for performing so well for their first competition. Got a few bits and pieces to fix on the "ole coal burner" then bring on the next one :D

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Postby kbushnz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 am

Here a a couple of vids from our first track..
They are unedited and no uplifting sound tracks.. :lol:

Cheers Calvin

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 pm

So as per the rules he decided to bolt on some 35" tahs, even though he was told not to worry about his 40" tahs and that he could run them.

After a day of running the wee tahs he had a little cry and bolted the big tahs back on for the night stage and left them on for the next day.

It seems it may of been a bad idea as the first issue arose on the night stage and he was the only person who had to winch up the small hill, whilst everyone else drove it :lol:

The next day he set off to do more stage with renewed confidence having his normal big tahs back on. Well its seem he was a little over confident and 'The Jalopy' lived up to its reputation of lying down...............

good effort Jafa, loving 'the Jafloppy' :mrgreen:
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Jafloppy wheres the like button :lol:

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:50 pm

hehe :lol:
Yes not my best work... gotta say I have new found respect for those that drive these tracks with open diffs, having only 1 wheel drive on the back was a major hindrance, 40' tires or not :D
the flop, well yup driver error lol, besides, it wouldn't be normal to take it to Rallywoods without lying it down :mrgreen:
'85 Hilux crawler, 3rz, duals, 4.7's, 4.88's, ARB's, 30 spline Longfields, 6 stud SNR4x4 Histeer, Airshocks up front, coiled rear, 40" Iroks.
^^^this shite is all about to change....^^^

021 273 9942
jafa@inspire.net.nz

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Postby kbushnz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Ok Here is a vid with us on various tracks throughout the weekend...
Cheers Calvin

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:15 pm

From a marshal's point of view it was awesome too, tho remember that bribes work best before before starting each stage, not when you finish :roll:

PS only 1 AKL team provided bribes, :( I expect better next time. Dark Chocolate and Red wine are trad-able currency...just sayin :wink:

Return to “Events”