American Muppets

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

American Muppets

Postby lilpigzuk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Just saw this posted on Pirate.

Ive put my arm out when rolling (split second reaction then pulled it back in) but this takes the cake :lol:

mike
Last minute Mike

Re: American Muppets

Postby mike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

OUCH! i've never seen a arm bend or break and now I wish I hadn't :evil:
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

meatc
Hard Yaka

Postby meatc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 pm

I don't feel so bad about my 6 year old breaking her arm on Sunday now. She stuck it out as the go cart her brother (9) was driving rolled onto its side. Busted humerous, hardly any tears, and at least she is to young to realise that your arm can't hold up a vehicle.
Toy - Zuk chassis tub, hilux 4.88 axles and transfer, Nissan CA18DE motor and auto trans, sc12 supercharger, 32 10'5 simex, twin motor 8274 custom freespool. Well the parts are all there in various corners of the shed

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:03 pm

After going to an MVA where a guy had his arm out the window when he put the car on its side and then slide down the road with it on top of his arm I am a huge fan of all limbs inside the vehicle at all times.

Bubba
Hard Yaka

Postby Bubba » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Suza wrote:After going to an MVA where a guy had his arm out the window when he put the car on its side and then slide down the road with it on top of his arm I am a huge fan of all limbs inside the vehicle at all times.

Wasnt up in the HB way was it? The term for it is de-gloved. As nasty as it sounds. Interesting treatment for it though, once it's cleaned, grafted etc they cut a slot in your chest and sow you arm into your chest, helps the skin grow quicker. nasty nasty nasty, give me a broken arm anyday
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Nope down Nelson lakes way. Road had not long been resealed and there wasn't realy enough lift to save the arm, it removed most of the soft tissue and the bone looked like a cheese grater had been at it

You Get That
Hard Yaka

Postby You Get That » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

meatc wrote: at least she is to young to realise that your arm can't hold up a vehicle.

I rolled a suzuki a while back and stuck my arm out the window without thinking and this is what everyone says to me! hahaha but the way i see it i stopped my body and head smashing into the ground.
broke my arm but saved my head
Addicted to suzukis....

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Postby 3VILC » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:52 am

Sometimes no matter how dumb it sounds after the fact I think its automatic reaction rather than a conscious decision.. Still have an indent in my thigh where I thought I was going to catch my trailer falling off the hilift by balancing it on my leg :-o
But of course regarding the original post yes that is just a dumb thing to do
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Return to “Hall of Fame - Muppets”