3 - 6 April

Lock

3 - 6 April

Postby Lock » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Happy Easter all. I picked up a SWB Paj two or three months back and didnt realize how addicted I was going to get to this 4WD caper. My 9 year old man loves it too so lots of father son fun.

Achievement this weekend was some deep holes at the Ashley River and blowing the left front outer CV - snapped the drive shaft it seems. Put the kibosh on what should have been a looooonnnngggg weekend of off roading.

Also snapped a rear torsion bar mount and after reading up here its a quick fix with the bar coming out.

Looking forward to meeting fellow 4wd enthusiasts here and out there.

Cheers, Peter.

sublimenz
Bush Crasher

Re: 3 - 6 April

Postby sublimenz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Gotta Love these bloody mtzis huh :lol:
I pulled the front diff out of the challenger so it can get the internals swapped over this week and hopefully its the last job in a long list, will refit next weekend then go play in the mud the following weekend :D

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 pm

installed another starter motor in the mistral, removed the A/C pump for now, start measuring up for twin alternators tomorrow.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:11 am

Bought a truck, sold a truck. Fitted some new wheels to daily driver also, full story and pics here:
http://www.offroadexpress.kiwi/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=41819&p=442954#p442954

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 am

sublimenz wrote:Gotta Love these bloody mtzis huh :lol:
I pulled the front diff out of the challenger so it can get the internals swapped over this week and hopefully its the last job in a long list, will refit next weekend then go play in the mud the following weekend :D

what was up with the front diff that you need to pull it out :?:
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

BigCarrot
Stropper

Postby BigCarrot » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 pm

After reading most of the eti injector pump threads on Friday, decided to roll the dice yesterday and remove my troublesome unit out of the terrano II. Big ups to Crash B. who has helped me out with pics and support via ph. Thanks mate.

Got the "new" older unit in, primes ok that is diesel pissing everywhere :shock: cause I forgot to tighten the spill tube junction -oops :roll: Made priming a lil easier tho. Gave the ole girl a couple cranks or three and that was all she wrote as battery decided that was it for the day and decided to lie down on me :|
Started a higher pitch whine while cranking tho, much like an 8 does with a newly wound starter - dunno what that is about. Nothing appears to be rubbing. Only thing I can think of is maybe injector pump is dry and not completely full of fuel yet :?:

Mechanical pump is an unknown. I bought an almost complete motor second hand of a guy who got it from a wrecker - hence the rolling dice comment.

Will see what tomorrow brings once the battery has charged. Hopefully the pump is ok :?

Keen for the more experienced lads to input if you would please.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:48 pm

So Got the twin alternator set up in today...being tuesday.

Employed the Air con pump bracket, and the idler pulley from another engine, along with a brand new old GM/Bosch alternator that I had brought for my long gone HDT brocky.

So now the winch has it's complete own power circut seperate from the trucks.

No more unbalanced batteries and complicated wiring and switch overs Image

There is probably room still to put the ac pump back in, but it'd would make the alternators impossible to get to if need be.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Went for a run with a few of the boys. One decided to have a little roll which took a couple of hours to put back on its feet.

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:01 pm

8mm plasma on steel drum job done another thing off the list

sublimenz
Bush Crasher

Postby sublimenz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:58 pm

coxsy wrote:
sublimenz wrote:Gotta Love these bloody mtzis huh :lol:

what was up with the front diff that you need to pull it out :?:

input shaft was flogged out completely and now looks like the locker is screwed as well.
Have a good 2nd hand dif so looks like it will be just a standard diff in there from now on.
Im going to paint the truck lemon yellow. :lol:

sublimenz
Bush Crasher

Postby sublimenz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:59 pm

coxsy wrote:8mm plasma on steel drum job done another thing off the list

Is the rope better than steel cable? My steel ones all rusted so was thinking of going the rope option.

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Rope is a lot better to work with in most situations. Breaks can be fixed. Safer when it breaks. Can run it thru your bare hands. Is lighter.

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 pm

mine wires been a bit worse for wear for two years, plasma was on the cards for over two years, but getting drum finished was a problem , the cable on the winch before the last one broke on me, my son was off to one side as it pile drove in to the tree I was using as a winch point stove the bark in by three inches by the hook impact , change was all way on my list :D

Return to “This weekends achievements”