CODE 43 NISSAN TERRANO R50

Moderator: Mark

Stubbies
Winch master

CODE 43 NISSAN TERRANO R50

Postby Stubbies » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 am

Morning, I'm getting a code 43 which is throttle position sensor. Its going into limp mode but coming right after a series of pumping the throttle while off. I had the mechanic wiggle all the wiring loom to the TPS and the computer but it wouldn't do it.
We noticed the crank angle sensor plug to on the top of the engine-would the rattling interfere with the sensor plug?
its so intermittent and clears its self eventually but its becoming a real pain.

FYI, a year ago it had a recon pump and new crank sensor and ran fine for about a year, now its throwing out the 43 code again.

cheers
Quentin.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: CODE 43 NISSAN TERRANO R50

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

If its the t.p.s it's the t.p.s, fly by wire throttle would put that atop the accelerator pedal assembly under the dash.
i'd find it incredulous that the crank angle sensor would fail two years in a row as it is simply a magnetic pulse reader similar to that of a A.B.S system and they are subject to far greater range of temperatures' viabrations, mud , dirt grease etc on the hub then that of the engine.

the catch 22 is that it is only the input, and if that comes back ok, then its the reciever or the magnetic lift valve on the pump which is told what to do by the T.P.S...once again re other post, the comms line between the t.p.s- ecu- injector pump.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:48 pm

the eti systems have more then one way of reading the position of the crank shaft,

It can pick that up from the No1 injector lift sensor, and also from the timing advance on the injector pump itself,

did your mechanic test the out put of the t.p.s through out the full travel of the pedal with a multi meter? .04V to 5v?

Stubbies
Winch master

Postby Stubbies » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 am

Morning, Yes the Mechanic did check the range on the pedal and said it was ok.

Done it again yesterday , I turned it off pumped pedal a few times and re-started and it was fine.

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 am

Replace the TPS. It might have been working fine when tested it just like it works fine most of the time when you drive it.

Stubbies
Winch master

Postby Stubbies » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 am

I put a second hand one in when all the issues started, Since then I have done the pump and new crank sensor. Ran fine for just under a year and now its back to its old tricks. I did notice last night the air filter hose was showing a few cracks, How would that affect it?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:38 pm

remove the hose and flex it and inspect it as you flex it. will throw code 12 if it is sucking in air before the AFM though.

Stubbies
Winch master

Postby Stubbies » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:54 am

So im still having issues with this $600 spent in 2 weeks and its still not fixed.
I replaced the crank angle sensor, Took the pedal off with TPS and it was sent to Nelson to check and fix. They said it was ok.
Driving it home it went into limp mode again. So what else can it be?? Pump was reconditioned 11 months ago and cost me a fortune. :x
Any ideas before it goes back to the mechanic?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:54 am

Nextmost likley culprit is tge loom itself.....thats a whole new pain in the butt. All else fails a Mechanical pump (automatic) and accelerator cable wd21 terrano will solve all those issues and then refit your tps and extend the loom to the pump for it so it can still operate the auto trans properly is the last resort.

If yours is a manual don't worry about tps, just bin it.

It will require drilling a 20mm hole in the firewall along with two 8mm holes for the bolts. Strip the pedal so it just the mount, spring and pedal and connect cable as per normal.

Stubbies
Winch master

Postby Stubbies » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 am

Would the TPS position being slighty out effect it quite a bit? Its been in and out and im thinking it really needs to be set correctly.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 am

It would have to be a malfunction to go into limp mode and you'd have an unresponsive throttle, the engine would only idle. They can't be adjusted that far out. If it is misaligned you would know (if auto) as the shift pattern for the transmission would be all over the place and if manual it would have a big flat spot just above idle or would idle high.

Stubbies
Winch master

Postby Stubbies » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:29 pm

had a call from mechanic, They put the foot pedal/Tps in another car and it went into limp mode.
Has to go back to Nelson again to get looked at...

Return to “Nissan”