Your 4x4 is a WEAPON

SMOKEY
Hard Yaka

Your 4x4 is a WEAPON

Postby SMOKEY » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Please take this as a reminder to all, last night I was doing some property maintenance ---- removing an old fence covered in Ivory, I got down to removing the fence posts and thought ---- tow rope and Prado would save me a lot of time ----- got my old recovery rope out of the garage , put the lever that the wife uses to hang her hand bag on in the Prado into low four ----- rope connected to post --- give it a nudge and nothing happened ----- three meters of slack rope ----- give it a good snatch ---- and F--king hell ---- sounded like a rifle going off ---- a 130x80x500long piece of fence post was flung 20mts and hit the spare wheel with enough force to bend the spare wheel bracket into the rear door, 200mm higher and it would have been through the rear window and may be ME, ------ You would think I would no better ----- but Brain in Neutral and a Cold Beer waiting ------- NOOOOoooooo, -------,

THINK ABOUT IT,

FITZY.

Gardengnome
Truck Hore

Re: Your 4x4 is a WEAPON

Postby Gardengnome » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 pm

A good reminder that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I'm glad your OK. The truck might have another story in it, but at least you can tell it.

Most of us have probably had a near miss that resulted from a "should have known better moment". As long as we learn from them.

I agree, think about it.

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:07 am

post is out :lol: :lol: ....next ya be running yaself over fitzy....brain fades we all have em its the simple silly ones that can bite..
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 am

My wife calls it "power gardening" winch, chainsaw and roundup ". Lol
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

drive it ...
Hard Yaka

Postby drive it ... » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 am

Been watching old Hilux TV ad's - Bugger!

Twodiffs
Hard Yaka

Postby Twodiffs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:04 am

Yep, we had to use that method when we couldn't pull out formwork pegs recently....used the work van to pull them out which did work!
BUT I had to put a line on the peg before my mate put his foot on the go fast pedal to stop the peg heading for the van at warp drive 10.
I had to stop the peg in mid flight. Made for cheap entertainment lol.

Return to “4wd Safety”