GM autobox to transfer case shaft

silveradoman
Bush Crasher

GM autobox to transfer case shaft

Postby silveradoman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi y'all
I have a chevy auto gear box that has a factory transfer case fitted and all works fine its a year 2000.
What i'm thinking of doing is moving the transfer case back around 300-400mm.
The reason is to make my front link arms longer (they attach to the crossmember) and will give better front drive shaft angle with the t case further back.

I have done one of these before doing the holden v6 auto to bighorn transfercase adapter, but i shortened the gearbox shaft that time.
This time it will consist of a mounting flange at each end and about a 150mm diameter pipe for the spacer between. Im thinking about using an isuzu shaft with spline to fit into my transfer case ( 27 spline off the top of my head) and using a coupler from a turbo 350 gearbox at the opposite end (usually used for driveshaft cross). I am a bit concerned about coupler to shaft connection proposed.

So i thought a better idea that someone else might have could add or be simpler, what do you all think?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: GM autobox to transfer case shaft

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:41 pm

use a 2wd auto and run a divored transfer case?

also allows for the Tcase to be mounted lower decreasing the angle on the drive shafts allowing for more suspension travel....kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

silveradoman
Bush Crasher

Re: GM autobox to transfer case shaft

Postby silveradoman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:49 pm

HaHa yea i know, I'm invested in this transfer case now, just fitting the slip yoke eliminator to the front and its pulled down with all the rebuild parts waiting to go in. And want to keep it in the original truck.

Return to “Drivetrain / Suspension”