TD42 Clutch

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

TD42 Clutch

Postby tuckertrucker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am

I need some serious advice here about a clutch.....

Getting very mixed opinions from everyone I talk to:

TD42 Safari on standard 31s. GT35 turbo with AR.60 front end. Not cooled, ~15lb boost. Fuel adjusted up. Nothing flash at all.
Use it primarily for daily driving, and frequently for towing - most notably a 2.5-3 tonne horse float (braked). No 4WDing to speak of, the occasional trip out glink gully or up 90mile but nothing demanding.

Ive been told that the Clutch Industries HD clutch will be fine. But I've also been told "not to risk it" and just go with a the 4Terrain HD.

If the CI one is fine then I'd much prefer to go with that one. cheaper for me at the moment, and Im gonna have to pull the engine in about 90000km to do some work anyway - so if the CI isn;t up to it it should atleast last till then right?

Any help would be great!!!

Twodiffs
Hard Yaka

Re: TD42 Clutch

Postby Twodiffs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Have just been through this as my old HD clutch just died after 7yrs.
I Have had a Clutch Industries previously and it was fine.
I emailed with Trundle about a clutch and they recommended the 4terrain plus or something.
They had a special with them a couple of months ago and they were $650 I think.
I did some homework and the 4terrain would have been ample but I bought a special clutch kit
from UFI in Perth as my engine setup is not standard.

But the 4terrain Plus would have still given me what I need.

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Postby tuckertrucker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

so looking at this a Clutch Industried Heavy Duty should be fine for me. As i say - no thrashing or real off road use

Pretty standard truck really so it should be fine.. anyother advice is appreciated
cheers

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm

you may have to control the right foot on the gas pedal,so much fun standing on the gas on turbo diesel truck, :D
on my second clutch due to aftermarket master cylinder installed by my last garage putting pressure on slave cylinder, nothing noted till start to slip on high revs uphill,mutter ,mutter ,had 3or 4 mm on the plate when pulled but oil bath from trans input shaft seal set its fate,
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Return to “Drivetrain / Suspension”