Bolt-on Wheel Spacers

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Bolt-on Wheel Spacers

Postby SupraLux » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:07 pm

Hi all, I have just finished development of the bolt-on wheel spacers. They are 27mm (maximum allowable under NZ regs currently - but must be certified for on-road use) and fit nicely onto Hilux's and Surfs. They should fit most other 6-stud vehicles.

They are custom machined from billet steel, and all holes are drilled on a mill to ensure accuracy. Finish is either raw steel if you want to paint them yourself or zinc coated for rust protection.

They are pricey, but there is quite a bit of time involved in manufacturing them. If there is a need I will also manufacture them in 5-stud configuration - but this will only be to order.

ORE member price $300 + GST or zinc coated $315 + GST

There is a little more information at:
http://www.4wdstuff.co.nz/products.html

Rangerat
Hard Yaka

Postby Rangerat » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:17 pm

Gidday

Is it $300-315 for a set of 4?

Rat

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:26 am

Nope, thats a price per pair. If you can make 4 to the same level of safety and quality as these for $300, then let me know, I'll sell them for you :)

regards

Steve

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:45 am

They look good Steve. Makes the ones I got given look like a good deal aye??? 8) 8)

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:19 pm

Yep - good deal... shame they are two thick to get certified for use on New Zealand roads - but still a bloody good deal :P

You could get them machined down I would imagine...

Steve

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:30 pm

SupraLux
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:19 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep - good deal... shame they are two thick to get certified for use on New Zealand roads - but still a bloody good deal

You could get them machined down I would imagine...

Steve

Nah they are only 25mm so if your information is correct then they should be fine. 8) The thing is that I need them to clear the high steer arms.

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:09 pm

Sweet - I thought they were 35mm... well, it doesn't get much better than that...

Hows your wreckage going?

Steve

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:42 am

SupraLux
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet - I thought they were 35mm... well, it doesn't get much better than that...

Hows your wreckage going?

Steve

Yeh good. Got that gearbox in yesterday. Got the twisty turny joint for the A frame, should get that in in the next couple of days. :D

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:37 am

Hi Steve,
If you send me a dimensioned drawing I'll give you a price to machine the spacers on our CNC machinig centre, say in batches of 4 or 8?, obviously the more we make the cheaper per unit they are. Mebbe we could bring the price down a little so you could sell more.

Cheers
Jafa

design@atsl.co.nz

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:21 am

Dimensional Drawing? You mean like real engineering? :shock:

Gosh - I just sat down with a nail file one day when I was bored... Kinda like whittling - but wood is for woosies, so I use steel :D

No, just kidding - I'll draw something a little more professional than my doodling engineering drawings on the back of a resteraunt napkin tho and let you have a look... if you promise to not sell the plans to the commies :P

Steve

PS: was it you that made the crossover arms for Tom?

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:19 am

Hi Steve,
Dont worry, I am used to dealing with "not so flash" drawings :)
Thats what I do, take peoples scratchings on bits of paper, napkins, cigarette packets and convert them to solid models on the computer, then program them for the CNC mill or lathe, then finally get my hands dirty by actually cutting metal. 95% of our concept and development work is still done with the ole "pad and pencil" :D , but final designs are all solid models on the pc.
No I didn't do the crossover arms for Tom.

Jafa

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:35 pm

Steve

PS: was it you that made the crossover arms for Tom?

DeRanged (Reece) made my arms Steve :wink:

Return to “Drivetrain / Suspension”