ARB vs MCC

basics
Hard Yaka

ARB vs MCC

Postby basics » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:10 pm

For awhile ive been looking at different bars for my 3rd gen Pajero.

I like the MCC Falcon bar and also the ARB Sahara bar.

The Sahara is nearly twice the price, is it really worth the extra ?

any other nice looking bars out there for the gen 3
99 pajero exceed 3.2

Ant
Hard Yaka

Re: ARB vs MCC

Postby Ant » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 am

not an expert but i will chime in with my 2C.

i have seen an ARB bar take a massive hit that would have destroyed the vehicle. it was a 80 series cruiser going a decent speed up hill with his foot buried into it and plowed into a short tree stump. not only did it save the 4wd but for the most part the bar work was intact and only needed very minor repairs.

i have also seen a MCC bar in a nose to tail (on the track as well) sliding down a hill quite slowly and used the land-rover in front as a brake. i would consider this a minor/weak impact and the bar had plenty of damage to it. the bar was still repairable and definitely saved the vehicle but i did think that a bit more of an impact and it would have crumpled like a piece of wet cardboard.

I do prefer the look of some of the cheaper ones (MCC and Rockarmour) and like the price of them (less than half). i would be happy to have one on the front of my touring wagon that might take a few smaller hits and gives a cheap way to mount a winch but i would not have one on my bush truck.

Have you considered a Xrox bar?
92 LWB Safari TD42
95 4.5L Cruiser, AKA "Thirsty"

basics
Hard Yaka

Postby basics » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:37 pm

the more people I ask, the more I am leaning towards the ARB, but at twice the price im a bit slow to part with my cash. :oops:

seems like MCC welds often crack,surface rust comes through quickly and with piss poor customer service from what ive read online.

as far as the xrox bars, not a fan of the tube style bars.
99 pajero exceed 3.2

Ant
Hard Yaka

Postby Ant » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 am

Depends how handy you are too. id be happy to save over $1000 and do a bit of touch up painting and welding if needed.
Try the rockarmour gear. pretty much the same as the MCC with better after sales support.
92 LWB Safari TD42
95 4.5L Cruiser, AKA "Thirsty"

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:22 pm

Check the gen 3 MCC mounting points, pretty sure they use to tow points so you can no longer use them.
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

Return to “4WD Parts”