What about this 93 Escudo

Windsurfer0206
Hard Yaka

What about this 93 Escudo

Postby Windsurfer0206 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 am

Hey guys just wondering what you all thought of this escudo? besides having to get it a cert for lift, recon it could be put back on the road. guy said no major rust and speedo still works. just did 250000k. Is it worth the money?

Does anyone know the truck?

If you all recon it could be worth it might ask if anyone down there could have a look at it.

let me know

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1209357893

cheers
chris
1989 K5 Blazer 3" body lift 4" Suspension Lift 37" Goodyear MTR, custom bars all round, 17500 lbs Runva winch, Champion Alloy Radiator, GM 14 bolt SF with C-clip Eliminators ARB air locker in rear, Eaton LSD in front, and the list goes on.

Crawlerer79
Hard Yaka

Re: What about this 93 Escudo

Postby Crawlerer79 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Check the lift has been done properly.... not just longer springs and bigger rear shocks like a lot are.... extended struts or strut spacers for the front should be there along with rear A-Frame spacer. This is the proper minimum. You can get all this from Altered Ego Motorsports in Canada, they make some good looking stuff (will be testing it out soon myself). It is an auto which I believe sucks up a bit of the power from the old 1.6 but all in all looks to be a good (if well used) club truck. Also bear in mind that it looks to have the stock ally front diff (third member and casing) which are a bit weak.... and steel replacements are pricey!!!! But as long as you don't drive like a maniac, the ally diff should hold up with only 30s
'The Big Truck' - 2001 TD5 Disco II
'Lando' - 1994 V8 Disco
'The Caramel Trophy Truck" - 1990 Disco Ex-Camel Trophy (?)

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 am

Windsurfer0206 wrote:Hey guys just wondering what you all thought of this escudo? besides having to get it a cert for lift, recon it could be put back on the road. guy said no major rust and speedo still works. just did 250000k. Is it worth the money?

Does anyone know the truck?

If you all recon it could be worth it might ask if anyone down there could have a look at it.

let me know

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1209357893

cheers
chris

Mate you've got yourself a ball's to the wall K5 Blazer, don't #### around with an under geared light duty feminine looking motorcycle powered vehicle, get an early straight axle hilux with the the fully boxed chassis or an early range rover or a jeep xj, they are much better plaforms.

Opinions will vary of course, all meant in good times.
TOYOTA - The Official Vehicle of ISIS!
And makers of the '92 Camry, where you got your first backseat handjob.

Windsurfer0206
Hard Yaka

Postby Windsurfer0206 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:52 am

Hey guys thanks for the opinions. I will still use the old k5 cause it's a beast but just picked this 93 terrano up for 1500 which I recon is a bit of a steel. Has the 3l v6 but I'm not daily driving it. Need another project hehe. Bit of lift bigger tyres trim the **** out of the guards and have some fun!!
Attachments
image.png
1989 K5 Blazer 3" body lift 4" Suspension Lift 37" Goodyear MTR, custom bars all round, 17500 lbs Runva winch, Champion Alloy Radiator, GM 14 bolt SF with C-clip Eliminators ARB air locker in rear, Eaton LSD in front, and the list goes on.

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:09 am

Ok now you've got yourself a good platform, especially the V6 model which has the much stronger front end. And of course one of the most awarded engine families of the 1990s.

This is going to be good.

All I can say is ... sibainmud, crash bandicoot, Stovanovich ,passengerpete,
TOYOTA - The Official Vehicle of ISIS!
And makers of the '92 Camry, where you got your first backseat handjob.

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Postby BlakeNZ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:20 am

EDIT " and Lax2wig" .You modest man Josh.

Return to “4WD's Forsale / Wanted”