buggy partsFOR SALE safari diffs, ecotec v6..

GQTROL
Hard Yaka

Re: building a outlaw class comp buggy

Postby GQTROL » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:33 pm

swampa wrote:didnt burst my bubble, the bypass ones are the ones i want, all coilovers to me, need to get each corner weighed then decide on the ones i want, if i do a sweet suspension setup i wont pursue donalds winch and stick with electric, got a figure in my head as to how much i want to throw at suspension, that wont last long

If you end up going with King or Fox, some good deals can be found at http://www.shop.downsouthmotorsports.com/main.sc Few of the guys have bought gear from Downsouth now and Sonny has some competative prices, but you can still wave goodbye to $6-10K easily enough.

Using the biggest shock body you can (i.e. 2.5" or 3") for the given travel (i.e. 14", 16", 18") you need is the way to go. Benefit of by-passes is you can get the position of the 2nd compression tube fitted where you want at the factory and setup the last inch or two of compression to act as a bumpstop, so along with your standalone bumpstop it can take some big hits if you forget to take your foot off the gas.

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:10 pm

right, made some progress, had a rover v8, hilux 5speed , transfer case etc all tacked in, then decided it wasnt going to cut the mustard, so over the weekend it's coming out and a builder i work with is taking it in exchange for a few days labour, hilux diffs it was set up for have come out and a safari rear diff has gone in, still looking for a front one, 4 linked the rear, lower safari arms arn now the top arms and the top safari arms are now lengthened to 1000mm and are the lower arms, NOW the engine, looking for a chev 454 or larger, turbo 400 trans and safari transfer case, not shagging around with modern engines in this, gonna build a crowd pleaser, also have lengthed the wheelbase to 2600

darinz
Hard Yaka

Postby darinz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 pm

swampa wrote:right, made some progress, had a rover v8, hilux 5speed , transfer case etc all tacked in, then decided it wasnt going to cut the mustard, so over the weekend it's coming out and a builder i work with is taking it in exchange for a few days labour, hilux diffs it was set up for have come out and a safari rear diff has gone in, still looking for a front one, 4 linked the rear, lower safari arms arn now the top arms and the top safari arms are now lengthened to 1000mm and are the lower arms, NOW the engine, looking for a chev 454 or larger, turbo 400 trans and safari transfer case, not shagging around with modern engines in this, gonna build a crowd pleaser, also have lengthed the wheelbase to 2600

You do realise that with a modern engine you'll get more power (and reliablity) for the same money. And if done properly a modern Jap V8 sounds like a BB anyway. So you can have a lighter, more reliable engine with the same HP for the same money! But you will have some electronics and some don't like that.

The other thing is if you are fitting a turbo 400 why don't you go with an NP205 (or 3 can't remember which) as it bolts on and is stronger? Just not as common.

Just a few ideas.
Nissan Terrano coilovers, turboed VH45, Safari axles, and some other stuff.

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:04 pm

yip, thought about pulling the engine and drivetrain out of my lux, jap, and aussie v8's are the way to go, but i have this idea in my head, 454 stroked to 572, safari diffs or larger, either safari auto and transfer case , hadnt thought about the NP205, will definitely look into that, if on you tube type in tim cameron , this rig in my opinion is the best in the world, it's INSANE!!!!!!!! i know it's impractical and too big, but i dont care,

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Why not stick with toyota diff's??

60 series would be the go.

That way you can get all the good off the shelf bits like cromolly axles and CV's etc etc.

There are very limited options for Nissan front ends, and even less for Nissan rear ends!!!!

At the end of the day, 9" diff is by enlarge, the same as the next, Toyota or Nissan. Its the good stuff that you can buy for em to beef them up to take the huge horse power that should be the decider!!!!
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

already got safari diff in the rear, gonna take the front diff out of my safari and chuck that in, i could spend an eternity trying to find the strongest readily available gear in nz at a reasonable price and get nothing done

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:28 pm

swampa wrote:already got safari diff in the rear, gonna take the front diff out of my safari and chuck that in, i could spend an eternity trying to find the strongest readily available gear in nz at a reasonable price and get nothing done

If its out of a GQ safari, and your putting the front diff into it, plus your running a 527 and big tyres, you will be able to blow CV's on demand!!!!! :lol: :lol:

At the very least source a GU Patrol front diff!!!!
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:31 pm

trying to, havent found 1 yet, around $2000, would rather put the gq in then buy the cal offroad cv's etc, for a bit over $2000, they gaurantee their gear up to 42" tyres

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm

swampa wrote:yip, thought about pulling the engine and drivetrain out of my lux, jap, and aussie v8's are the way to go, but i have this idea in my head, 454 stroked to 572, safari diffs or larger, either safari auto and transfer case , hadnt thought about the NP205, will definitely look into that, if on you tube type in tim cameron , this rig in my opinion is the best in the world, it's INSANE!!!!!!!! i know it's impractical and too big, but i dont care,

Hahaha your a nutta!, I love it!

Heres a pic of what Karam wants to build, this is Tim camerons "Fat Lady"
'85 Hilux crawler, 3rz, duals, 4.7's, 4.88's, ARB's, 30 spline Longfields, 6 stud SNR4x4 Histeer, Airshocks up front, coiled rear, 40" Iroks.
^^^this shite is all about to change....^^^

021 273 9942
jafa@inspire.net.nz

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:42 pm

thanks for that, their was a set of 404 diffs in oz last week, the guy wants $3500au for them got his number here, dont know about freight

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:53 pm

swampa wrote:thanks for that, their was a set of 404 diffs in oz last week, the guy wants $3500au for them got his number here, dont know about freight

And thats before you spend heaps with an engineer strengthening the portal boxes, getting rid of the torque tubes, modifying the pinions.....blah blah blah :roll:
'85 Hilux crawler, 3rz, duals, 4.7's, 4.88's, ARB's, 30 spline Longfields, 6 stud SNR4x4 Histeer, Airshocks up front, coiled rear, 40" Iroks.
^^^this shite is all about to change....^^^

021 273 9942
jafa@inspire.net.nz

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:02 pm

would rather stick with plain ordinary stuff i can walk to the shop and buy off the shelf, k.i.s.s.!!!

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 pm

swampa
Hard Yaka

Re: building a outlaw class comp buggy, for sale

Postby swampa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:23 pm

right, glen just came and showed me how to do pics.
it started off with hilux diffs, they are gone, these are gq items,
3 link front, 2 arms 1 side and 1 on the other, long ones are just over 1100mm,
rear is a 4 link with double triangulation bottom arms about 1100mm
tyres on here are 40" good year wranglers, which will be replaced with bigger ones by the end of the year,
the flex in the front is about at 70% as the diff was tacked to the frame so we could set ride hight
with 40's the top of the cage is under 6feet high
that front wheel from the very bottom is about 1200mm off the ground, still miles to go, just that the garage wasnt high enough
still setting things up to decide on travel, looking for around 18" travel, what you see there is using 14"
mainly checking front flex to see how everything works, making sure there is no binding etc...
the rear has crazy travel.
over and out[url][/url]
Last edited by swampa on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:35 pm

are you going hydro steer?

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:38 pm

for sure, tucked in behind diff, changed it to left hand hook yesterday aswell
seen the howe setups in oz, bit pricey though, should be able to sort out some 2nd hand gear somewhere locally

darinz
Hard Yaka

Postby darinz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:35 am

swampa wrote:trying to, havent found 1 yet, around $2000, would rather put the gq in then buy the cal offroad cv's etc, for a bit over $2000, they gaurantee their gear up to 42" tyres

And if you heard the problems people are starting to have with GQ cromo cv's you wouldn't be wasting your money on them. A guy I know is working on a GQ cv replacement that uses a common cromo CV from the US. Same factory as Cal CV but about 1/3 the price. eg about the same as genuine CVs. No life time guarantee as that is a waste of time anyway. The other thing this will do is provide a kit to change to Toyota free wheel hubs that are a shit load stronger.
These will be stronger than GU CV's and are stronger in the stub axle which is the next thing to break when you go really big eg over 37.
PM me if you're keen and I'll start getting list together to get them cheaper.
Nissan Terrano coilovers, turboed VH45, Safari axles, and some other stuff.

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm

darinz wrote:
swampa wrote:trying to, havent found 1 yet, around $2000, would rather put the gq in then buy the cal offroad cv's etc, for a bit over $2000, they gaurantee their gear up to 42" tyres

And if you heard the problems people are starting to have with GQ cromo cv's you wouldn't be wasting your money on them. A guy I know is working on a GQ cv replacement that uses a common cromo CV from the US. Same factory as Cal CV but about 1/3 the price. eg about the same as genuine CVs. No life time guarantee as that is a waste of time anyway. The other thing this will do is provide a kit to change to Toyota free wheel hubs that are a shit load stronger.
These will be stronger than GU CV's and are stronger in the stub axle which is the next thing to break when you go really big eg over 37.
PM me if you're keen and I'll start getting list together to get them cheaper.

Darin- are these still happening?
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

swampa
Hard Yaka

Re: building a outlaw class comp buggy, FOR SALE

Postby swampa » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:07 pm

ive lost interest, needs a heap of work to finish off, has commy v6 with hilux transfer case , gq safari diffs, no tyres.
make me an offer txt me 0274164667, could be rolled onto transporter but would prefer local so you could see whats left

Engineer
Hard Yaka

Re: building a outlaw class comp buggy FOR SALE OFFERS

Postby Engineer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:08 pm

if i hadnt just bought a house i would have made an offer.
its a shame youve lost interest!
LN130 Surf: Coiled SAS, 35" BFG M/T's, Lifted, Rear Lockright, Snorkel, CB, On-board air
Soon to be 3.8 commy powered, front ARB Air Locker, custom bar work, winch...

You Get That
Hard Yaka

Postby You Get That » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Hey mate has sold yet?
Addicted to suzukis....

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 am

just sitting in a mates shed in otautau, im not selling any parts off it and it doesnt have any big tyres either, i havent done any work on it in over a year as i have gone to s.i.t

You Get That
Hard Yaka

Postby You Get That » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Im from otautau :wink:
Has it still got lockers in the axles? what about the suspension.
Can it run? Has it got the hydrolic winch?
Addicted to suzukis....

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:34 pm

you are miles off the track, has got gq diffs, never had lockers, never put any winch on it, probably would run with a fuel tank and radiator, would be easier for you to view it, that way you would see what stage it is at

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm

i want this thing gone, needs heaps of work, no lockers or tyres, must pick up, $2000

no swaps

You Get That
Hard Yaka

Postby You Get That » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Are you talking about the orange hilux?
Saw someone moveing that around otautau sunday thing looked MEAN 8)
Addicted to suzukis....

swampa
Hard Yaka

Postby swampa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm

that ones long gone

swampa
Hard Yaka

buggy FOR SALE OFFERS will seperate parts

Postby swampa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 pm

3.8 ecotec v6, holden auto and lux transfer case, offers over $1000
Diffs, both wont seperate, $700