Blowen 87 series Landcruiser

juz
Hard Yaka

Re: 87 series Landcruiser

Postby juz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Yep... Looks very similar to mine. Double garage with just enough room for one vehicle. :D
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

QUADRACER
Hard Yaka

Postby QUADRACER » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:08 pm

You,re not coming to my place. :D
And on another note, finally an auto.
retired 4wd to a ford ranger and UTV

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:06 pm

QUADRACER wrote:You,re not coming to my place. :D
And on another note, finally an auto.

cheeky bugger.. and your right.. :wink:

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Well been thinking about the whole blower thing.. :shock: and really tbh I thought fk'd if im paying $1600 for a manifold that might work and again imho, I got a mate who is a legend.. no artist working with Ali so he going to weld it up for me.. it wouldn't make any difference in performance.. Sooo I was at home today was thinking..mmmmm
I then chopped these off
and after a little bit of grinding and filing.. came up with this..
and
but I thought it was still too high.. :shock: so started milling it down.. now no need to get all up and arms about how I got to the result.. :mrgreen: :lol: But hey I thought I can do this.. :wink: soo
started with
and after a few failed attempts...
started to get the hang of it.. :mrgreen:
which got me to this, have to remember that This is a bit hit and miss
I had to have the steel plate under my router so I could root it across the hole.. :wink:
then I looked like this
and now it's only 53mm high which will allow enough room to have the blower sitting nicely instead of like the sky tower.. :lol: :lol:

I'll get another pic of it side on so you get my drift.. anyway this all took most of the afternoon.. :shock: I know but fk im a cheap barsteward and I wasn''t gonna pay someone to do it.. :lol: so Now I have the first steps to getting the blower on..

Later

shortylux
Hard Yaka

Postby shortylux » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to progress shots.

I could almost afford one of those mills. Shame my blower is still going to be of the sky tower variety. :roll:

Petemcc
Hard Yaka

Postby Petemcc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:49 pm

very cool mate.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks for the comments.. and no Makita is not sponsoring me.. :?: :lol: If all works out how I think it'll be cheap as chips and perform O for awesome.. :lol: :mrgreen:
Picked up some 10mm ali from my guru ali dude :mrgreen: so now I have to try to get it to work.. :shock: More later :mrgreen:

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Well wee bit of an update.. no pics tho as nothing to take..lol
Changed trannies again :shock: to the one that was first in it.. Took the std tranny out yesterday and bolted up the modd'd one today..
Still have driveshafts to bolt on , pto etc.. but it's like 85% done.. Then we'll see how we go knowing how the std tranny went..should be interesting :mrgreen: otherwise i'll be getting some ring and pinions to make it go better :twisted:
Have to get it ready for our wc and to run over the coarse.. :shock:
that's it
Later

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 am

Well we update.. After like seems eternity.. I have finally got 4 gears working.. :shock: I know but one thing leads to another and it was the plug not plugged into the tranny that controls the solenoids.. :lol:
Tranny is working mint now.. short rev to the power range.. which is good from when in Reefton.. was like I needed a football field to get any power out of it.. :oops:
Still debating R&P's but thinking I might leave it till the blower goes on.
Had a good test yesterday as we were setting the wc coarse.. night stages.. 8) will be a lot of fun.
Need to put the shift kit in as it's not so sharp changing from 1st to 2nd..
So now really just leaves the blower to go on.. :lol:
More later

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Just in the process of doing the shift kit thingy.. :shock: Hope I got it right. Lol but one thing I noticed was the time it took to shift from 1st to 2nd.. it was quite a long time.. Anyway I've followed the destruction's and didn't realise they supplied all the drill bits etc. to drill out the bits and bobs.. Sooo instead of 3-4th shift gallery being .055" it's now .062" as it was what I had.. :lol: :lol: so who knows what that will do.. :mrgreen:
Dropping the oils now to change the spring rates tomorrow.. then we'll see what happens..
Fingers crossed it works..lol..

Later

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Well been chipping away at things.. 8) and have been working on the whole supercharger setup.. :twisted: Also taking a slightly different approach to things :mrgreen:
Anyway some things have turned up.. :roll: :lol:This will run things.. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Then I got some bits from my engineer mate.. 8) which I cut out the right shape ready to tig into position
and
and
so now it just needs to be cleaned and taken up to my mates to tig..
After that I have to cut out the top plate to bolt the goodness onto it.. :twisted: Then find some injectors the OOra things get spiceeyy :twisted:
More later

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh forgot to mention that the little bits are getting tig'd on the end to form the end bits.. :wink:

oldyella
Hard Yaka

Postby oldyella » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Very interesting indeed. Giving me ideas for the Rover :wink:

The WEHI
Hard Yaka

Postby The WEHI » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Looking 8)
The_wehi@hotmail.com
(027 788 1046)
pzj70,35's,Lockers,Winch and some stickers for added flex.
^^Soon to be on safari axles and 5.13's, 37's linked front and rear^^
Ln60 project (money pit) <-- Sold
Pzj77 Turbo/auto,33's .

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Nice work. How thick is the alloy you are using? Are you jigging the manifold to prevent warpage?

I used an A1 turbos cast manifold and had mm's of clearance. You will need to put some tabs on to mount the injector rails. You ditching the cold start valve?

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Well update time.. :lol:
Seeing as I have had a few days waiting for other people to get their shit together, I have been working on the manifold.. :shock:
To answer a few questions.
Yes it's in a jig to stop and pulling when tig'd up but my mate who did it just sat the whole jig in his bbq and got it hot then tig'd it.. I think there has been NO warping.. so very happy.. won't totally know until I bolt it to the engine.. :mrgreen:
Soo here a few pictures for all you pic whores.. :lol:
Here is it tig'd.. there is a little deformity but bugger all
so I got a reemer..? and had a tidy up :lol:
then I was like.. need a top plate.. so I got this bit used my festool and made a top plate.. :wink: It's 10mm thick
So I forgot to take a few pictures while I was actually putting it together.. so none of those.. but here is the finished thing except for the super charger on as I need my truck and it's still up on coarse.. too many plods cruzing around to drive it home.. :lol: :lol:
Anyway you get the idea..lol
and
and
and
and
i'll be putting a paper gasket/goo in between to help seal it up.. it's not perfect but bloody close..
Soo now all I need is my bits from Bob and my truck.. :twisted: Then sort out the intake side of things and we should have lift off.. :lol: :lol:
Oh also waiting for some goodies from trademe.. Injectors, pulley, etc.. Should be here tomorrow..
More later

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Looks great. Saved yourself 1500!

The injector rails mount onto tabs on the intake so once you have your new injectors you will be able to see where the rails sit and can suss out how to secure them. They need to sit pretty much verticle otherwise the base seals can leak.

I fabbed an intake for my m90 out of 2mm wall box and mounted the idle speed controller on it. You going to run one?

Matt.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 pm

Mattman wrote:Looks great. Saved yourself 1500!

The injector rails mount onto tabs on the intake so once you have your new injectors you will be able to see where the rails sit and can suss out how to secure them. They need to sit pretty much verticle otherwise the base seals can leak.

I fabbed an intake for my m90 out of 2mm wall box and mounted the idle speed controller on it. You going to run one?

Matt.

Not sure the link I got will run that actually.. but we'll see , I have to mount the bypass and the cold start injector yet too.. There is plenty of room though.. So just need to make sure things align correctly for that.. Then the next major thing will be the intake side of it..
Just got back from Berts and checked the fuel rails will have enough room.. Only just.. :shock: it's going to be a squeeze to do up the nuts ..lol but it will work as I was doing all this from memory.. :lol: Also not sure on the snout length.. but I'll wait til more goodies arrive hopefully tomorrow.. :D Oh so far for the manifold.. $250.. :mrgreen:

skidmark
Hard Yaka

Postby skidmark » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Which model link do you have?
You might not need to fit the cold start injector as link should be able too handle cold start enrichmen?
Also with the idle speed control im useing a bmw solenoid as I only need one aux output from the link rather than 4 for tge factory 1uz item . Obviously I dint know if itll work as mines not done..I'll chuck some photos up in my thread of it if you wanna see...
modified surf, hardly drive it seem to keep modifying it....

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 pm

skidmark wrote:Which model link do you have?
You might not need to fit the cold start injector as link should be able too handle cold start enrichmen?
Also with the idle speed control im useing a bmw solenoid as I only need one aux output from the link rather than 4 for tge factory 1uz item . Obviously I dint know if itll work as mines not done..I'll chuck some photos up in my thread of it if you wanna see...

Cool, I'd like to see what ya done?.. can't let the cat of the bag just yet.. :wink: but I'll be using the cold start injector and if I can the idle control but we'll jus have to see.. Still waiting on the injectors and pulley.. :?

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm

:shock: :mrgreen:

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:02 pm

You don't need the cold start injector to start if you aren't running the factory ecu but an idle controller is well worth it. You will have cold idle issues without one. Been there and done that.

Would be interested to see how the BMW single wire unit works.

Matt.

skidmark
Hard Yaka

Postby skidmark » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Mattman wrote:Would be interested to see how the BMW single wire unit works.

Matt.

Madaz spoke up in my build and said he had one on his and works sweet....

Edit, or if you meant how the solenoid actually works, its got two wires one ignition feed, then ecu PWM the control of it
Cheers Alistair
modified surf, hardly drive it seem to keep modifying it....

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Well weather shit today :lol: :lol: bit of a understatement..lol but had time in the shed..
Was hoping to get charger on this week for shits and giggles but because I cannot get on the dyno for at least a weeki and a 1/2.. no point trying.. anyway here some pics of what I've been up too... :mrgreen:
and
and this one.. Does this look right for the bypass valve..?? as I can't get my head around how it works.. :lol: :lol:
Of coarse there is going to be a hose connection here.. but have I got it the right way round..?
Got a box of goodness too but no pictures :lol:

Later

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:42 pm

The valve probably doesn't have a right or wrong way round. Apply vacuum to the valve and it should open and allow the charger to be bypassed. I can't see whether it would matter if you used the inlet as an outlet or visa versa.

Is that an m90 or a smaller charger? My m90 went a lot further back on the top plate than yours.

Bet you are keen to get it running!

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Mattman wrote:The valve probably doesn't have a right or wrong way round. Apply vacuum to the valve and it should open and allow the charger to be bypassed. I can't see whether it would matter if you used the inlet as an outlet or visa versa.

Is that an m90 or a smaller charger? My m90 went a lot further back on the top plate than yours.

Bet you are keen to get it running!

Yip it's a M90 off the ford thunderbird. Same M90 as Madaz I believe, But im missing the intake side of things so made my own, Regarding the Bypass.. there is always vacume on the inlet side so I am having issues understanding how it works. Lol By principle I understand but actually how it does got me fkd.. :mrgreen:

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 pm

My m90 had the bypass built into it.

The valve works so that when you are not making boost ie at cruise the valve opens which allows the charger to be bypassed. When you are boosting the vacuum goes away and the charger is used.

Matt.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Mattman wrote:My m90 had the bypass built into it.

The valve works so that when you are not making boost ie at cruise the valve opens which allows the charger to be bypassed. When you are boosting the vacuum goes away and the charger is used.

Matt.

What I thought BUT the valve is charged by vacume at all times( supply from before charger inlet).. so I cannot see how it would be able to be closed at boost..as it is always vacume fed.. :?:

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:35 pm

The valve has to be closed at boost. Is the valve normally open or normally closed?

Have you applied vacuum to it and seen the valve change state?

Madaz
Hard Yaka

Postby Madaz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Big wrote:
Mattman wrote:My m90 had the bypass built into it.

Matt.

What I thought BUT the valve is charged by vacume at all times( supply from before charger inlet).. so I cannot see how it would be able to be closed at boost..as it is always vacume fed.. :?:

The vacume line that feeds that bipass valve needs to be
taken from the inlet manifold after the supercharger. It needs toget boost pressure

Return to “Projects / Mod's”