another terrano/safari project = terrari

GotFlex
Hard Yaka

Re: another terrano/safari project = terrari

Postby GotFlex » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Put them 33s on already haha
SASed Isuzu Mu - hilux diffs, Rears up front, disc brake conversion, ifs hub swap, crossover steering, and legal!!!!

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:58 pm

GotFlex wrote:Put them 33s on already haha

i seen to be driving everyone nuts by not having done this yet. lol i figured i don't need 33s on to sit in drive way. just think of it as a motard look haha.

Paulballz
Hard Yaka

Postby Paulballz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 am

that is one very nice terrano, keep up the good work

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Paulballz wrote:that is one very nice terrano, keep up the good work

cheers guys. its getting closer. this weeks goal is to finish winch and winch something up drive.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 pm

sounds like heaps of fun, in just put my 33's onto my tow truck, drives a bit nicer, but the terrano looks a bit rude sitting on 29's.......

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 pm

a productive week this one. fixed left indicator, replaced broken park light, unseized pto drive-shaft, had pto shaft cut down to suite. made a bracket to mount pto drive shaft center bearing mount thingy. dropped off front drive shaft at circle track to get cut down, brought new rear drive shaft loop.
]
this pic is of the pto shaft and mounting. please ignore the clutch line i left that lose on purpose. just until i know where everything was going to sit. its next on the list tho.
it works :D :D :D winched the commodore up drive with its hand brake on, no problems.
Last edited by passengerpete on Sat May 03, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hamz
Hard Yaka

Postby Hamz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Good work mate, been following this for a while. good to see a neraly finished project. looking good

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Nice one Pete 8) 8)

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 pm

put the rear drive shaft loop on.
made a new too do list. hopefully this week it will be 4wd :mrgreen:
Last edited by passengerpete on Sat May 03, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freddy
Winch master

Postby Freddy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Great thread. We need an update! :D

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Freddy wrote:Great thread. We need an update! :D

was about to do one tonight too. but got side tracked again, so will add an up date to the to do list. cheers

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm

forgot to add a pic of rear pan hard that tom made at same time as winch bar.
as for other progress
sealed up all remaining bolt holes with m/s. made some changes to the dump pipe, and exhaust, so it was higher up, and so it did not rub on anything.
clearances the sliders a bit more. made some changes to the console.
made some spear shear pins up. they look a bit cheesy but at 2$ each cant complain.
the front drive shaft should be ready this week, tyres and wheel alignment Early next week. will re do the clutch line this weekend so its not so poxy.
and add a dash brace at the same time, as i cut the orginal one out when doing the trans tunnel.
that about all i need to get done for cert so only a hand full of things really.

but there still a bit i want to do after that
put rear lsd in front diff
rear lock rite
make breathers for gearbox/ diffs
rear bar work
rear 1/4 cut
a full length roof rack that goes around the truck.
turn the a/c into on board air
beef up the cooling system,
replace my gearbox the was meant to be sweet as, but sounds like a bag of ass holes, not that i know what a bag of ass sounds like, most likely a different sequences of pitches and tones... ok that a shitty description of what it sounds like its more metallic like a ball bearing trolley.
so still a few more updates to come.
Last edited by passengerpete on Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazyclark31
Hard Yaka

Postby crazyclark31 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:16 pm

have found if you put 90/120 oil in they go real quiet. mine was quite noisy even though it was in real good nick.(recent rebuild). put that in and was quiet as. even changed gears easy as when cold.

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 pm

tried heaver oil in gearbox still no luck so got shafted on this occasion. was trying to get it cert ed before Christmas but no more spots left so that blows and then went to Firestone to get new wheels and tyres fitted up but they where out of stock. good news is i got front drive shaft back. and fits but no bolts to put it on :roll: , lol good times
changed the rear part of the exhaust again because it was rubbing, so all fixed now
front flares fit nicely with side bars
and just for fun rolled a tyre in front of rim to fake a pic
Last edited by passengerpete on Sat May 03, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 pm

looks like youl need to do some cutting then lol,

and i have some driveshaft bol6ts here if your interested, they went walkabout when we were doing my truck, but then showed up afterwards....

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Dirtydog wrote:looks like youl need to do some cutting then lol,

and i have some driveshaft bol6ts here if your interested, they went walkabout when we were doing my truck, but then showed up afterwards....

yea a bit of cutting to do :lol: got some bolts coming up from gore, or gorrrrrrrre roll the r's down that way. should be here tomorrow. thanks any way tho

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm

so its coming from down herrrrre anyway lol

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 am

have not had time play with truck lately because of Christmas. new years. ect. so just getting back into it. just potting around at this stage.
so started by fixing the rear window release, the weaker wanted $40 for the switch so i made my own out of a headlight washer switch.
great and was $39 cheaper lol.
stretched it legs again to check drive shaft lengths and angles. brake lines and found the front one to be leaking so will have to fix that soon.
another 20mm higher and it would start lifting the wheel off ground so that about max flex,
Last edited by passengerpete on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Sweet. When is the shakedown :mrgreen:

shortylux
Hard Yaka

Postby shortylux » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Looking real good man. Pretty good flex to.

Are you planing to tub the rear guards before the cert?

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 pm

tomsoffroad wrote:Sweet. When is the shakedown :mrgreen:

soon :D will fix the leaks. and put lsd into front diff. then do the shakedown

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm

shortylux wrote:Looking real good man. Pretty good flex to.

Are you planing to tub the rear guards before the cert?

trying to avoid tubing if i can. will mount new wheels tomorrow to check rubbing. im pretty confident it should be ok.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:25 am

have you pulled out the sway bars? or is that all stock?

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am

power steering leek fixed. it just wanted new copper washers, front brake line leak fixed. was not seated properly, and brakes bleed again. fire extinguisher mounted properly. and interior received some more screws and trim. santa claus got me a twin pack of 80 channel uhf radios. and i went out and got six new rims.
its great when ya get time to work on truck. shit gets done :mrgreen:
Last edited by passengerpete on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm

took the truck for a wheel alignment today, after a wee adjustment it came up sweet as. the technician said if he was to be picky it could do with some more/less caster. ( i cant remember witch one ) as it might feel a bit vague. but sill within tolerance. so happy with that its nice to know ya wheels are pointing the right way and ya axles are in line. 8) . i went for a drive and did not notice any difference, :lol: . while i was there i got three tyres mounted on new rims.
back window still opens. i had a wee opps on the way to tyre shop :oops: covered the engine bay in oil, so made a quick detour to a car wash place for a steam clean and fixed to problem. after that dropped two rims off at engereers to get centers moved out, they should be back in a few days.
started working on diff and gearbox breathers, should finish that tomorrow. also got around to fixing the fuel filler that's been lose since the body lift. cant rush these things.
Last edited by passengerpete on Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm

almost finished breathers. stopped for lunch, then got side tracked by steering into this corner.
when looking at the revise scoop on the old car. i thought the truck could do with something like that, and so it began :lol: . the idea behind a revise vent is the leading face is higher so the air flow goes over the vent thus creating a vacuum effect. sucking hot air out. it works very well in the race car. but most likely do stuff all on the terari as it wont be doing 200 kmh any time soon,
any way went to pick a part, and found a 1992 gt Subaru and grabbed the bonnet.
cut out the recess part of the Subaru the made the same shape in the terrano bonnet.
then spot welded in the scoop in backwards. it nice and small so wont look to wankey.
its hard to pick from a distance
but stand out if ya walking from behind the truck.
could do with panel beater to finish it nicely tho.
Last edited by passengerpete on Fri May 02, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wax
Hard Yaka

Postby wax » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Looks good I have been thinking about something like this for my truck. It will really help the truck to get rid of come hot air.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 am

good place to put the ac radiator with a fan underneath it, for those cold days.

force some hot air through it that should warm it up.

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

Dirtydog wrote:good place to put the ac radiator with a fan underneath it, for those cold days.

force some hot air through it that should warm it up.

why would you want to warm up the a/c unit ? how often do you use ya a/c on cold days ? i think i may have missed ya point :) not to sure what ya mean sorry. the a/c radiator in the standard place would get warmth from the engine radiators any way.but they are there for cooling that why there both in the front of most vehicles. have you tried using ya heater on cold days ? its a strange concept i know but would be much easy then mounting a air conditioning radiator on top ya bonnet for warmth. visibility might be a problem too, :lol:

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Postby passengerpete » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 pm

found a new leak today. a wee green puddle under the front not sure if its water pump or radiator as yet will investigate in morning. re did clutch line today its a heap tidy now almost looks factory. started working on the on board air. just using the factory a/c unit. the factory low pressure line got the nut cut off then i pushed it into rocker cover factory breather bit, just copped kbij as its his idea. and was very cleaver as the breather has oily air coming out of it so that in turn lubricates the a/c unit.
ya cant leave the line like this as it will pressurised the motor and cover everything in oil if the a/c is not on. so i put a T piece in so it lined up with factory intake pipe.
that's as far as i got because a bad influence came around with some little brown bottles so stuffed rest of day. tomorrows another day.
Last edited by passengerpete on Sat May 03, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Projects / Mod's”