question for all you lex blowen owners..?SORTED

Big
Hard Yaka

question for all you lex blowen owners..?SORTED

Postby Big » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 pm

In your fuel and ignition tables.. what are your ignition timings for up to 1250rpm in any MAP(kpa) setting..? Im chasing a flat spot and I suspect my timing is a little low below 1250 rpm.. Have spoken to Tim ( Madaz) and his he reckons is around 15-16 degs of timing at low revs..? can anyone else add theirs as mine is set to 10 degs and when I floor it is will stall or blip and almost stall then unleash hell if it doesn't.. Just trying to find tune a couple little things.. :roll:
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.. :wink:
Last edited by Big on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QUADRACER
Hard Yaka

Re: question for all you lex blowen owners..?

Postby QUADRACER » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm

dont go below 1250 , problem solved. :D
retired 4wd to a ford ranger and UTV

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:08 pm

http://gotech.co.za

This site provides the software and the tune maps

the 1uzfe is in the zip file of maps.

at idle and for say 1500 rpm from idle keep timing at 15 deg then every 500 rpm increase it by 2 deg
so at 2k rpm = 17deg
at 3k rpm = 21
at 4k rpm = 25
at 5k rpm = 29
at 6k rpm = 33
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:27 pm

found this.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks Crash.. I'll compare and make a few suttle changes..see what it does.. the upper ignition table is fine for me but just the low / idle side is I think a little low.. cheers

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:30 am

Hey man, with the way your supercharger is plumbed up it could be boosting at idle. I'm pretty sure in standard form they relief the boost at idle. Might be part of your problem.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:54 am

churchill wrote:Hey man, with the way your supercharger is plumbed up it could be boosting at idle. I'm pretty sure in standard form they relief the boost at idle. Might be part of your problem.

I have a bypass and a boost gauge.. not boosting at all, working correctly.. But there are a few like little things like the map is plumbed into the bypass vac/boost line.. not sure if it should be there but it is.. maybe should place centre of bottom manifold ? These little things could make a huge difference.. but I really don't know. :o But I feel it's ignition related.. so just putting it out thee to compare apples with apples with everyone else's ignition table.. I realise that most UZ's are very different in tune but there should be similarities across the board.. regarding ignition..
Oh well the quest goes on.. :lol:

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:30 am

Asked and answered.

As an engineer I'd tend to place a MAP sensor as far away from the intake port as possible to help smooth out the signal. I'd also keep it away from the supercharger outlet for the same reason. I'd be looking at somewhere down the back of your supercharger/intake manifold mount plate. In all honesty I've never mounted one of these before and only owned one vehicle set up with a MAP so it's only an educated guess.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm

churchill wrote:Asked and answered.

As an engineer I'd tend to place a MAP sensor as far away from the intake port as possible to help smooth out the signal. I'd also keep it away from the supercharger outlet for the same reason. I'd be looking at somewhere down the back of your supercharger/intake manifold mount plate. In all honesty I've never mounted one of these before and only owned one vehicle set up with a MAP so it's only an educated guess.

Yea..I put the map initially on the vacuum side of the intake but at boost it didn't see the reference and we couldn't make the injectors work when boost came on..when we shifted to where it is now it worked great..only thing is now in the real world we have a flat spot..so looking at all possible options that may help..

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:44 pm

just an observation any map sensor on a yota i have seen have been plumbed into the plenum chamber. N/A supercharged and turbocharged.

oldyella
Hard Yaka

Postby oldyella » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Yep, I had trouble with the ms2 on the lr due to the computer map signal teeing off the fuel pressure regulator vac line. Made a dedicated connection much better.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:19 pm

oldyella wrote:Yep, I had trouble with the ms2 on the lr due to the computer map signal teeing off the fuel pressure regulator vac line. Made a dedicated connection much better.

Im thinking that I need to do this as mine is t'd off the bypass connection.. :? So might have to pull the top off.. again.. :roll: and make some dedicated feeds to keep things at their optimal..

demon
Stropper

Postby demon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I run the m112 blower and and link g3 they have to have their own dedicated feed for map sensor or gives false signal to computer my is fed out of blower box which blower is bolted to

Madaz
Hard Yaka

Postby Madaz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Right on the underside of the manifold, as close as possible to what the cylinders are seeing

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Thnx Tim, I was looking at that spot on mine where I have the temp sensor..I'll get a pic when I done it.. :lol:

Big
Hard Yaka

Re: question for all you lex blowen owners..? SORTED

Postby Big » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Flat spot all sorted . and all other mods done.
To everyone that offered help.. THNX :wink:

Return to “Projects / Mod's”