Urgent Help Required!!!!!!!

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Urgent Help Required!!!!!!!

Postby DieselBoy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey folks, we are on the road as is everyone at this time of year and have been majorly let down by the auto sparky I use.

I sent both of Betsies Alternators in for a full birthday a few months ago, one of them lasted to Lake Tennyson, so fitted the spare and that lasted about 4hrs.

On both alternators, the shaft is spinning inside the rear bearing, while the bearing stays still, making a horrendous noise!!!! Suspect they've fitted the wrong bearings. Bearings are mint.

So now we sort of stranded. I have bush fixed it as much as I can but it's only lasting a short while befor my repair fails again.

Is there anyone with a 300tdi alternator we could buy, beg, steal or borrow anywhere in Canterbury??

Repco has nothing :(

Ring or text me on: 0211328242

Anyleads welcome, we pretty screwed!!!!

IMG_5258.JPG
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

passengerpete
Hard Yaka

Re: Urgent Help Required!!!!!!!

Postby passengerpete » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:36 pm

if ya on facebook ask for help on 4WDING Canterbury & Beyond South Island its a good starting point.
I'm in Dunedin at mo coming back to chch Tuesday midday ish so can bring something up if there any thing down this way

mudsurfv6
Hard Yaka

Postby mudsurfv6 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Hope someone does bro.
1996 vzn185 surf, TRD supercharger, SAS, 35s, 4" lift, 2 lockers, ute chopped + more happening. Andrew 0272226292.

Twodiffs
Hard Yaka

Postby Twodiffs » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm on the Coast until tomorrow in case you find something over here, happy to bring it over the hill.

flatsix
Driver/Navigator

Postby flatsix » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:20 pm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/landrover/auction-1231391180.htm

This TM seller is based out at Eyreton, which is about 15km? approx. on the north bank of the waimak up from the hiway bridge.

He has a few discos that he is wreaking and deals with some new parts as well, not full time but a really nice helpful guy, could be worth a shot

Or if you can make it to chch and you want to turn the alt shaft and bush it up to fit the bearing, I'm about 15km up the south side of the waimak, and have precision lathes and mills coming out the wazoo

Cheers

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Cheers folks, looks like I have one jacked up to pick up tomorrow morning in Cust so fingers crossed!!

Mongreled the both the Alt's a bit more with a BFH and a center punch, so hopefully it will make the 2hr drive between them!!!!
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”