1600 coversion

1kz_surf
Hard Yaka

1600 coversion

Postby 1kz_surf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:32 pm

i know its been done heaps but pics on the oil pick up please ?
poor little suzuki :lol: :lol:

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Re: 1600 coversion

Postby Swamped » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Theres a few options.

Cut in the middle and 413/vit hybrid pick up

Cut just the terminal end off the vit where it enters the oil pump and weld onto samurai pick up

I am refabbing a new pickup to the vit diameter in the samurai profile and using the vit pick up screen.
Also expanding my sump as I don't like the idea of running the lesser amount of oil that the 413 does.
Both of these things are considered unnecessary by people that have done the swap but in my mind, more oil is better with the use we want from them and the pickup diameter on the g13 is considerably smaller making it that much harder to draw oil from the sump. Both relatively easy mods.

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Heres a couple pics from my current motor swap.

The g16 pickup and the g13 sump to show what has to be done.

The g16 vs the G13 pickups

The pickup from the g13 donor which apparently "ran sweet" :lol: :roll:

On the sump I also had to fold the rear tab on the windage tray at the spot welds and cut it flush then hammer the rear wall flat to clear the bolts on the rear bearing cap.

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Postby 3VILC » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 pm

I cant comment on that one since I was lucky enough to pick up a 1600 already set up to fit a 413 and have so far (touch wood) not had to pull the bottom end apart yet.
But on a semi related question, ok not really haha..where do the heater hoses normally come from, the truck has no heater but the 1600 also doesn't appear to have anywhere for hoses to go lol. Only reason I ask is figured it would be an easy place to pipe some hot water from to warm up the sidedraught adapter, had problems with the carb icing up last time I took it out
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:39 pm

I think thats correct. I guess its possible someone blanked off that back outlet? Theres a few different versions of that tube that runs into the back of the pump too.

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Postby 3VILC » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Ah yup, figured one side of it would be on the water tube behind the pump, can probably find a spare port on that for one end of it. So hot side is rear of head they reckon..Im sure theres not even a blank plug there on mine but could be wrong..dont want to go taping into any old water jacket plug and messing with the flow too much hence why I figured using the already hot flow path where the heater core would be might be best
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Mine looks like this

I think the 8v might be different. Does the hot side for that come outta the manifold instead of the head and the cold side return like the 16v?

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Postby 3VILC » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Yeah I just used my brain and checked the FSM haha. Cold side is on the water pump pipe as I thought..hot side is somewhere on the manifold but doesn't clearly show where, must be underneath as that's where the water jacket in the manifold is..will have nosey and look for a blank plug for that one I guess the fitting has been removed as theres definitely no blanked hose coming out of it. Theres a big blanking nut in the top center but pretty sure that's where the PCV valve should be

Return to “Suzuki”