vitara v Jimny

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

vitara v Jimny

Postby BlakeNZ » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:52 pm

My brother is looking for a light farm vehicle to update/replace his heavier older Nissan Mistral.
He is looking at vitaras and jimnys, circa 2008 or thereabouts. Does anyone have suggestions as to which is a better bet long term? Use is mainly around farm, towing feed troughs, following the cows up, and a 7km run into local town. he is 184cm tall(if that makes any difference in the jimny?) Cheers all.

johnny262
Hard Yaka

Re: vitara v Jimny

Postby johnny262 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:56 pm

I know at least 3 farmers who own a Jimny for similar duties, they'd all be at least 6ft tall so either there's plenty of room or they just put up with it lol. I assume they're happy with the vehicles, however I do know one of them has had some conveniently undisclosed gearbox issues, more than likely from towing. Take all of this with a grain of salt as it's not personal experience just observation.

Your brother might well be better off with a side by side, though initial purchase price may be more and won't suit the trips to town, they're definitely better suited to farm duties.

Feel free to PM if side by sides are an option, I'm in that industry and happy to offer any advice.

Return to “Suzuki”