QD32eti injector pump conversion

Moderator: Mark

Tronside

QD32eti injector pump conversion

Postby Tronside » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 am

Greetings folks

I'm about to swap out the eti pump on my 97 3.2 terrano for a mechanical pump off a QD32 I have spent 2 days scouring the net seems loads of people world wide have talked about doing this but no one seems to have actually done it and reported back with the results ( a few have done 2.7 eti tho)

So I have a plan A and Plan B please chip in with constructive comments , I already have a D21 td27t for getting around the farm and love it but it's not a great long haul tow vehicle which is why I've got the r50 for.

Plan A is source a pump from a d22 navara QD32 and take boost compensator off the old eti pump into the mech pump . are they compatible ? And is it a possible DIY or better to take to a professional outfit ?

Plan B is to buy a rebuilt mech pump with boost compensator from MDS in the South Island and fit that it will cost more but less worry about pump crapping itself in the near future.

Any ideas on what throttle setup to replace the fly by wire with ? I have read of d21 navara cable being used for td27 eti conversion .

The other big unknown is the electronics is it as simple as just leaving the the elecs unplugged ? Or is some surgery required ?

Looking forward to any hints and suggestions or even ya farkin dreaming mate !

Return to “Nissan”