TD42 manual conversion problem

Moderator: Mark

kieranoc
Stropper

TD42 manual conversion problem

Postby kieranoc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Hey new to the forum, have tried googling but keep getting random crap thats no help, i have just chucked a manual box in and am wanting to know which plugs i need to use on the gearbox and what they are as i dont have a loom for the gearbox? Also does anyone know what i have to do to get it running? Have heard i need to.bridge inhibiter switch? Cheers in advance.

Waddles
Hard Yaka

Re: TD42 manual conversion problem

Postby Waddles » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:42 pm

yea mate loop the inhibitor or put it to a switch it'l be like a kill switch, the other plug is for your reverse lights i just made a loom my self go to pick a part and get some plugs that ill fit off any nissan, some automotive wire, solder it up plug it in just under thie inhibitor i think it was and away you go
Mr Phux It

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Re: TD42 manual conversion problem

Postby 3VILC » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Don't know if the safari box has one, but when I did a skyline I just made up a loom as described, neutral position switch to park or neutral in the auto loom inhibit wires, reverse switch to reverse. Looked factory and worked like its supposed to, wont start in gear, even beeped in reverse haha. I forget the pinouts but Nissans are almost all the same, 2 identical plugs 1 grey 1 brown on the drivers side shock tower are the auto plugs
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Return to “Nissan”