Safari Aerial Mount

Moderator: Mark

webfish
Driver/Navigator

Safari Aerial Mount

Postby webfish » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:31 am

Hi all, can anyone recommend a replacement to the electric aerial on my 1990 Safari?

As you can see the cowl mount goes round the corner and none of the standard aerials fit. I don't want another electric one, just a rubber thing that can be bent over and smacked about without snapping!

photo 2 (2).jpg
photo 1.jpg

dvkpajero
Winch master

Re: Safari Aerial Mount

Postby dvkpajero » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:08 am

Had the same problem with my pajero, found a short felxi one at jaycar and just used the factory base on i. Think the mates got theres at repco or supercheap and they both fit pretty good too.

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 am

I just installed one of these, works way better than expected. No way to brake it unless you smash your windscreen :shock:
It just sticks to inside of the screen and you will need power for +- to its lil amplifier circuit, normal plug into socket in back of head unit. Now get stations I didnt know we had in the area. :D

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/other-electronics/other/auction-1026519569.htm

radio aerial.jpg

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:30 pm

I have made inserts in the past that fit into the top of the electric aerial (once the mast and sleeve are removed) that accept a 3.5mm Diameter stainless Rt whip aerial. I make them out of aluminum and use the sleeve as a template then use the top nut to hold it in.

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:26 am

Hmm, been holding off getting new aerial because I was expecting to have same crappy reception afterwards. Might give to windscreen mount type a go, for $15, will be worth a shot!

Return to “Nissan”