QD32eti injector pump seal kit.

Moderator: Mark

nickmcdonald
Driver/Navigator

QD32eti injector pump seal kit.

Postby nickmcdonald » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi all.

The injector pump on my QD32eti has started dripping diesel all over the driveway. Would this be the seals wearing out? It has some minor symptoms of being a bit off; small shudder on take off etc, but it's very minor, has been like that for years, and I'm not wanting to throw the money required at it unless I need to. Back to the leak; are the seals going on these things a common issue? It wouldn't be something horrible like a cracked housing or anything? It's kinda tricky to spot buried under everything.

Provided it is the seals, is there someone local who stocks a kit I can get my hands on? Failing that, does this kit look like it's the correct one?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nissan-Diesel-I ... 2637cd3e2d

Feedback appreciated, cheers.

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: QD32eti injector pump seal kit.

Postby BlakeNZ » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:03 am

Yes it very common.
Mine started leaking at 190,000km, immediately AFTER i bought it, before I even took delivery of it, in my mate's driveway. He even inspected the sellers driveway, and there was no stains there at all, just complete bad luck for me . I was pretty disappointed, and was stubborn and drove it for 10k km before the early morning gush of diesel on the ground forced me into action.
Read this thread for more info.. cost depends on how much you can do yourself.
https://www.offroadexpress.kiwi/Forums/ ... al#p455108
It won't be just the seals, there will be wear, caused by our diesel in NZ. The housing gets worn on the inside, and adds more to the price if it is worn to the point of needing replacing. there is also an electronic module, which costs $1100 , which may or may not be faulty. You could roll the dice, and just get the seals done.
For a temporary fix, consider sourcing E85( or another form of ethanol) and add a litre or two into a fullish tank of diesel.(and then drive it) The ethanol will cause the seals to swell. Ethanol is VERY resistant to detonation, so don't panic about your motor exploding.
However, I'd roll the dice and just do the seals only(but no diesel pump technician will be happy to do seals only) as the rest of the pump may run fine for years, providing you add 30-40ml of 2 stroke oil to your diesel tank each fill, to stop the internal wear.

nickmcdonald
Driver/Navigator

Re: QD32eti injector pump seal kit.

Postby nickmcdonald » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Cheers for the feedback. I suppose I should just bite the bullet and get the damn thing done. I'll pop it off myself, and get a shop to do the recon. Here's hoping it's a fairly straight forward recon job aka. not $2000+......fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Return to “Nissan”