Motu Safari 26th to 29th Jan 2013

Jungle
Hard Yaka

Motu Safari 26th to 29th Jan 2013

Postby Jungle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 am

Organisation of the Motu School East Cape Safari 2013 is now underway. (Finally)
The Safari begins at Motu Domain on Saturday the 26th of January, weaves in and out of the East Coast region and finishes at the Raukokere Church on Tuesday the 29th of January.
The Safari will tour through the back blocks of the East Coast with incredible views and interesting experiences on the way, traveling forests, farms, rivers and tracks.
The aim is to travel cross country as far as possible and practical, as always the weather has the ultimate say. Following another winter of extremes, there may be some changes to the itinerary as the Safari progresses!
The Safari is designed as a family affair, but will have enough interest to keep the more adventurous entertained.
 Camping areas arranged (BYO tents and comforts).
 Evening meals will be available to purchase. More details following registration.
 Cold running water and toilets available.
 Bathing facilities (rivers and beaches!)
 Find a team of three - four vehicles. If you can’t find a team, enter anyway and we’ll do it for you (a great opportunity to meet new people with a similar interest).
Once again there is great interest in the Safari for 2013. We are offering spaces on a “first in, first served” basis to those that have registered an interest.
Our acceptance of a $50 deposit per vehicle will confirm your place on the Safari. However to maintain this place all other payments must meet the deadlines.
Please Note:
 On conformation of a place the deposit is Non Refundable.
 An incomplete entry form may delay securing a place on the Safari.
 Ensure all team deposits are paid with entry.
 Ensure Participation Contract is signed and returned as requested.
 Ensure Driver/Vehicle Entry Form is complete and returned.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Paul Cornwall.

best contact details are:
Motu School
Box 11
Motu 4052
Ph/Fax: (06) 8635 804
After hours: (06) 8635 002
Email: admin@motu.school.nz

Snafu
Hard Yaka

Re: Motu Safari 26th to 29th Jan 2013

Postby Snafu » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:10 am

A real shame this is back to back with Kauri Coast safari. Its about time one of these two great trips was moved by one year so they don't overlap.

Kauri Coast ending the day before Motu begins:-( Long drive between the two.

Did both last time as there was a few days between, both awesome trips.
1999 Disco1, 300TDi, Snorkel, ARB Lockers, 9.5k Winch, Custom Bars & Sliders, +5in Lift. Silverstone MT-117
2007 Disco3 TDV6, eDiff, ARB Front Locker, Snorkel, ARB & Kaymar Bars, 12K Winch, Bash plates, Sliders, Llams, Maxxis MT's

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Cost???
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

klompy
Hard Yaka

Postby klompy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Motu School East Cape Safari Team Entry Form

To be returned with deposit to Motu School, Box 11, Motu 4052 by 30th November 2012.

Team Name: Team Leader:__________________
Doctor - Nurse, in the group. Yes/No Name: ________________________________________

Vehicle 1:

Make: ¬¬____________________ Model: ______________________________ Rego Number : __________ Rego Expiry: WOF Expiry: ___________________

Driver’s Name: _________________________________________________________________________
Licence No; Expiry; _____________
Medical Conditions; Yes/No. If yes detail ; __________________________________________________
Current First Aide Certificate; Yes/No
4WD Experience; _____________________________________NZQA Level. _______________________
i.e.: New- never done a Safari before. Some-been on Safari before. Experienced -many years, maybe belongs to a club.
Address: Phone: Mobile: _____________
Number of Passengers: Adults: Children:

Additional Drivers Details:
Driver’s Name: __________________________________Licence No; ___________Expiry; ____________
Medical Conditions; Yes/No. If yes detail; ___________________________________________________
4WD Experience; ___________________________________NZQALevel___________________________
ie: New- never done a Safari before. Some- been on Safari before. Experienced -many years, maybe belongs to a club.

Vehicle 2:

Make: ¬¬____________________ Model: ______________________________ Rego Number : __________ Rego Expiry: WOF Expiry: ___________________

Driver’s Name: _________________________________________________________________________
Medical Conditions; Yes/No. If yes detail ; __________________________________________________
4WD Experience; _____________________________________NZQA Level. _______________________
i.e.: New- never done a Safari before. Some-been on Safari before. Experienced -many years, maybe belongs to a club.

Driver’s Name: __________________________________Licence No; ___________Expiry; ____________
Medical Conditions; Yes/No. If yes detail; ___________________________________________________
4WD Experience; ___________________________________NZQALevel___________________________
ie: New- never done a Safari before. Some- been on Safari before. Experienced -many years, maybe belongs to a club

Vehicle 3:

ie: New- never done a Safari before. Some- been on Safari before. Experienced -many years, maybe belongs to a club

Vehicle 4:

Driver’s Name: _________________________________________________________________________ Licence No; Expiry; _____________

I have enclosed

• $50 deposit for EACH VEHICLE enclosed. (Balance due 14th December 2012) tick
• Contract of Participation acceptance form signed and enclosed. Tick
• Completed Team Entry Form Tick
• NB: TOTAL COST OF SAFARI IS $350 PER VEHICLE
Deposits for all vehicles required along with completed team forms or your entry will be deemed incomplete and you will go to the bottom of the list and risk losing your position.

(Bank Account Motu School East Cape Safari 030638 0438255 00- Ensure your name is included)

klompy
Hard Yaka

Postby klompy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:51 pm

And this bit.Motu School
East Cape Safari 2013

Contract of Participation

TERMS OF PARTICIPATION

• Strictly no dogs or firearms.
• Absolutely no open fires (contained or otherwise).
• Camping in designated areas only.
• No alcohol during driving stages.
• Drive defensively on metal roads (there will be other uses).
• Lights on during forestry stages.
• Close all marked gates unless the following vehicle is immediately visible.
• Do not deviate from the designated route on private property.
• Tread lightly respect landowners good will.
• Take photos, leave only tyre tracks.

MY VEHICLE WILL HAVE
• A recovery strap, (rated recovery snatch strap, 8000lb minimum).
• A spade.
• A fire extinguisher.
• Current Warrant of Fitness and Registration.
• Appropriate seat belts for each passenger.
• First Aid Kit

At the organisers discretion we accept the course may be changed due to weather or track conditions. We understand the organisers of the Motu School East Cape Safari reserve the right to cancel the participation of any persons who breach these conditions.

Contract of Participation Acceptance Form

On behalf of my passengers and I, I have read, understood and accepted the terms of the Contract of Participation.

Signed: (Vehicle driver).

Team: Date:

Please return with entry form.

Jungle
Hard Yaka

Postby Jungle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks Mike. Just as an update to the list of things you need.
Please see version 1.01. :-)

MY VEHICLE WILL HAVE
• A recovery strap, (rated recovery snatch strap, 8000kgs minimum). 6 metre length minimum.
• A spade.
• A fire extinguisher. A minimum total of 1.8 kgs of fire extinguishers in a max of 2 units
• Current Warrant of Fitness, Registration and Third Party Insurance.
• Appropriate seat belts for each passenger.
• First Aid Kit with thermal blanket.
• Low range transfer case.
• Minimum tyre tread depth 8 mm. No road tyres. All Terrain is the minimum. Mud tyre is preferred.
• Rated recovery hooks front and rear
• No tow balls. These will be removed.

Hope that clears some of that up. Feel free to ask questions if you need clarification.

Cheers
Jungle

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:25 pm

no hiace vans this year? :?
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Will there be any fuel avalible during this trip or do we need to carry enough our selfs for the trip

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 pm

there are usually fuel stops along the way, they are mentioned in the entrants pack :)
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 am

so who is doing this?
trying to decide to or not...
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

klompy
Hard Yaka

Postby klompy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm in,did it about 10 years ago so time for another one.

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Yep i got my hand up

klompy
Hard Yaka

Postby klompy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:21 pm

So whos all going we will have to get together for a chat.

Return to “Events”