Finally Certed but never ending battle

jonossiksilvia
Hard Yaka

Finally Certed but never ending battle

Postby jonossiksilvia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:58 pm

so as u all maybe aware i have pasted my cert but dam that was the easy part.

my plate had taken a while to get made due to someone having to justify their salary :evil:

last week i had a call from a guy from nzta wanting to do a quote "audit" check. so basically a second full cert check, brake stops etc. at end of test the guy was happy except brakes to slow (was pissing down with rain on a well worn road no kept skidding) and no rear mudflaps

fitted mudflaps and cert guy said brakes perfect in dry and within limits.

got plate and wof fitted last night. try to get rego but still classed as diesel. rang nzta they said fill in form, fax it in and itll take upto 3 weeks to sort out :evil: spent the afternoon on phone annoying them and within 2 hours was classed as petrol.

fully legal and smile ear to ear.

end rant

anyone had random audits by nzta lately it trucks before getting plate fitted? just wondering its the start of new laws?
Current 4wd: Surf Kzn185 ssrg factory Intercooled (yet to start build)
Past 4wd: toyota surf ln130, coil sas, 1uz v8 build

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Finally Certed but never ending battle

Postby Crash bandicoot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:22 pm

yeah, had the same issue when the 2.4D hilux engine got replaced with a rb30det, going through check points with the cop going where's your ruc label; got to the point i would just stand on the gas till the wastegate opened and ask..."sound like a diesel to you?"
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka

Postby CLUMZ1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:29 pm

:lol:

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm

yeah mate its just beauracricy catching up and spiraling out of control, within a few years it'll be easier and cheaper to just get a trailer to tow your truck around it'll just get harder and harder to comply with modification laws.

the first engine conversion I put through certification 6-7 years ago took all of 7 seconds to pass, I turned up at the jokers place, he heard me pull up and came walking down the drive, I popped the bonnet and he poked his head under it and said yep thats fine you've passed then he went all over the truck looking for anything else we could put on the plate. I didnt have to start the truck up, there was no noise test, no road test, no brake test, I asked him afterward what he checked and he said the 2 specific things he was interested in was the accelerator linkage and the steering shaft in the event the engine fell over, it was a bellhousing and engine mount kit picking up the origional mounts so there wasnt any welding to check.

You cant fight the system you just have to go along with it and comply, theres lots of farked up shit you have to deal with, you can get your rusty 200 year old fj40 on factory drum brakes that barely stops and go down and pass wof after wof but the moment you throw some disc brakes on it making it stop 2-3 times better than it came out of the factory the chances are even though its stopping 2-3 times better it wont pass the certification brake test coz now it dosent have to stop like a 200 year old truck anymore its got to stop like a 2012 HSV V8 Commy :x :roll:

congrats on passing all the certification mate Image

jonossiksilvia
Hard Yaka

Postby jonossiksilvia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:02 pm

my old man said same story as u when he put a big block v8 in his cf bedford van years ago

cheers mate

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 am

yep, my hilux went from 78 horsepower to 290 hp in the matter of one engine conversion, cert guy asked about the brakes to which i replied standard all round. Didn't blink an eyelid. was more concerned about having a plate bolted to the cross member for the engine to rest on in the event of a mount failure so it didn't jam up the steering.

The other point i might add is he no issue with the four inch pipe that went from the turbo down and striaght out the side behind the cab door and yet remove the muffler from you family holden commodore and its a wof fail.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

dean zuk
Hard Yaka

Postby dean zuk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Wonder if that had anything to do with this that ive just seen on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/events/460673363952963/

jonossiksilvia
Hard Yaka

Postby jonossiksilvia » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Thats wat im starting to think now.

But at end of day was all up to spec before he would fit plate and is still

Return to “Land Access / DOC legislation / Regulations”