Chch boy racers converting to 4x4's ?

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Chch boy racers converting to 4x4's ?

Postby kbushnz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 am

Interesting....Not good for the local Chch 4wd clubs.... Mud tends to stick..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9220436 ... ff-roading
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

Jerry
Yes Dear

Re: Chch boy racers converting to 4x4's ?

Postby Jerry » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 am

maybe the clubs/combined/nzfwda can hold open days/events and help encourage the right behaviour.

This would apply to all zones ie not just chch
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

Filthy4x4
Hard Yaka

Postby Filthy4x4 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 am

Yep its a real shame.

Unfortunately its becoming a nation wide problem...
In Auckland we have the "bombing range brigade" who are just going up there to be idiots and leave all their broken glass and rubbish behind, have also noticed people now cutting fences at the start of the beach to gain access into the forestry areas.

Then there are the ones I see driving past my house everyday after getting covered in mud along the verges at Ararimu Valley Rd :roll: :roll:

Oh and I nearly forgot the ones who go to woodhill which sneak in alcohol (and leave the empties :evil: :evil: ) we end up seeing these guys later on and they are normally pretty pissed.

I try my best to politely school these guys where/if I can, but the plea for good behavior falls on deaf ears.

We will get there eventually if we stand together as a community and help spread the word.

Cheers
Caleb
027 MUD GEAR - (027 683 4327)

Check our facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Filthy4x4

http://www.facebook.com/Filthymotorsportnz

slide
Hard Yaka

Postby slide » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:41 am

Not just christchurch either.
But if you were in same situation what would you do?
'Boy racer' scene is highly policed with big penalties if caught + 90% of the public seeing them as bad- so likely to *555 bad behavior. And even if in the right, the stereotype is likely to mean they get fines etc anyways.
But a 4x4 can go in areas away from public eye (especially at night), away from cops, and these vehicles (currently anyways) don't get a second look by police as they drive past.
Don't worry tho, soon the police / lawmakers will be targeting 4x4's just as hard as boyracers now, so they'll move on.
Oh wait. Do worry. Remember talk of lift laws etc??
Gunna make it hard for us.
Lack of access, plus tough modification laws. Won't be the kiwi way :(

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 am

media beat up ....the youins been doing it for a long time ...and the not so young.........
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:32 am

have a look at ch ch press ...running pic to story on front page with a well set up landy....... ch ch press over kill again ....... :roll:
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

WRNGLR
Hard Yaka

Postby WRNGLR » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Filthy4x4 wrote:Yep its a real shame.

Unfortunately its becoming a nation wide problem...
In Auckland we have the "bombing range brigade" who are just going up there to be idiots and leave all their broken glass and rubbish behind, have also noticed people now cutting fences at the start of the beach to gain access into the forestry areas.

Then there are the ones I see driving past my house everyday after getting covered in mud along the verges at Ararimu Valley Rd :roll: :roll:

Oh and I nearly forgot the ones who go to woodhill which sneak in alcohol (and leave the empties :evil: :evil: ) we end up seeing these guys later on and they are normally pretty pissed.

I try my best to politely school these guys where/if I can, but the plea for good behavior falls on deaf ears.

We will get there eventually if we stand together as a community and help spread the word.

Cheers
Caleb

And in the Manawatu we have the Ashhurst River Road Side Raiders, who think that driving through the flax and shrubs on the bank in the car park is extreme 4wding, tossers the lot of them, point them at anything half difficult and they start to get all teary eyed and want their mums.
Yea, though I drive through the valley of death (and it's mudbogs), I shall fear no trail;for tho art modified is my rig, and thy lift kit and lockers they comfort me. Amen

hamboy
Hard Yaka

Postby hamboy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm

I've noticing the same trend here and they're starting access restricted wairau river reserve by ripping up the stopbanks and driving through the council plantations :evil:

juz
Hard Yaka

Postby juz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Same around Dunedin, Whare flat rd and any rest area from Berwick up to Waipori falls gets a hammering. Got waved down by two idiots both stuck ripping up a rest area one day. Remembered I didnt have my snatch strap with me so carried on. Would have been a cold night. :mrgreen:
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

keithal
Hard Yaka

Postby keithal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm

juz wrote:Same around Dunedin, Whare flat rd and any rest area from Berwick up to Waipori falls gets a hammering. Got waved down by two idiots both stuck ripping up a rest area one day. Remembered I didnt have my snatch strap with me so carried on. Would have been a cold night. :mrgreen:

x2 ` ive had a few people flag me down for a tow when im out at the scout camp out at whare flat

the answer is always "would you like me to call a tow truck for you"

the sides of the road are absolutely munted coz of these dicks and they dont give a shite about it

basics
Hard Yaka

Postby basics » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:31 pm

every one has a camera these days right, so use it when you see people been dicks and in places they shouldnt be, shame these people and give your evidence to the cops
99 pajero exceed 3.2

2roky
Hard Yaka

Postby 2roky » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 am

dunedin is a tricky one. all the old tracks such as friends hill, abbotts hill and the karati (spelling) tracks were shut off by the council a few years ago leaving no where handy to go and test modifications or just a week night wheel.

the hoon element has all ways been there and for as long as i can remember there has always been tracks along the edge of whare flat road, i started poking round these areas in 03-02 and the tracks where there then. once a track has been started everyone has ago..... even people who know better will do it when they think no one is watching.

the councils have alot to answer for in my opinion

4by4
Driver/Navigator

Postby 4by4 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:47 pm

and then there ppl on this site in ChCh that post vidoes of themselves doing drags at lites in their 4x4s, or skidding it up in their cars with smoke everywhere. not good examples to be setting to the viewing public of this website, or the boys in their own community where its becoming an issue

Return to “Land Access / DOC legislation / Regulations”