Napoleons Hill

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Napoleons Hill

Postby imsohi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi all

Have heard there is a large tree over the entry gate by the river to stop vehicles going through here, can anyone confirm this and the reasons behind it? looking at heading through end of feb.

Cheers Leigh

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Re: Napoleons Hill

Postby Smurf » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Was there a fortnight ago and yes there is a log there, no idea why but it looks to have been there a while.
There is a gate over the bridge on the left hand side that has been used for access to the river.

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:53 pm

awesome thanks for the info

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:38 am

Report back on track condition two please :D :D :D
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:31 am

DieselBoy wrote:Report back on track condition two please :D :D :D

The access up the river was good apart from a few downed trees which we cleared. All crossings were where no more than wheel depth. The track was in good condition, A lot of water has been down the creek since I was in there last year, so more of the old wood work in the tunnels was exposed. The hill was a bit rutted but dry and an easy drive for us, including a standard IFS Prado. A few rocky parts but still a good easy drive.
Last edited by Smurf on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:16 pm

We had a good trip in there on Saturday afternoon. Log is still on the gate before the bridge but access is able through the gate on the other side of the bridge an easy drive up the river and through the caves, also had no issues going up Napoleons hill. My only question is do you need to contact the farmer on the north side of the river we sort of felt we were tresspassing on his property I know the guy on the South side isnt the most friendly towards 4wders (Previous Experiance). I just thought it will be good to get contact info up for him if its needed.

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:20 pm

imsohi wrote:We had a good trip in there on Saturday afternoon. Log is still on the gate before the bridge but access is able through the gate on the other side of the bridge an easy drive up the river and through the caves, also had no issues going up Napoleons hill. My only question is do you need to contact the farmer on the north side of the river we sort of felt we were tresspassing on his property I know the guy on the South side isnt the most friendly towards 4wders (Previous Experiance). I just thought it will be good to get contact info up for him if its needed.

I wondered the same when we went through.

Return to “Land Access / DOC legislation / Regulations”