Bighorn front running gear in a Mu

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Bighorn front running gear in a Mu

Postby Drurban » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi All,

I have a friend who has a Mu like mine, but has Bighorn front running gear he is a bit vague on what year it came off.

There is quite a difference from my front to his as the A arms stick slightly further out to mine, I think that the C.V's are bigger to so will be stronger.

He is running 35's on his Mu and he is having no troubles.

If anyone knows what model/year Bighorn front running gear I can use to put in the Mu would be much appreciated.

Iam fed up of all the Issue Iam having in the front.

Cheers
1997 Isuzu Mu, 3.1TD, 5sp Manual.

mud_slinger
Hard Yaka

Re: Bighorn front running gear in a Mu

Postby mud_slinger » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:43 pm

what is wrong with your front end?
needs more curry

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Postby Drurban » Sun May 01, 2011 12:38 pm

mud_slinger wrote:what is wrong with your front end?

C.V's and wheel bearings, are my Issues.

taitantoyota
Driver/Navigator

Postby taitantoyota » Sun May 01, 2011 3:26 pm

how about sorting your mu out proper and buying ethans bighorn with solid axle hilux up front, swapping bits over, parting out the rest and you'll probably make money out of it and get some spare parts and an intercooler....

monstr
Hard Yaka

Postby monstr » Sun May 01, 2011 4:20 pm

taitantoyota wrote:how about sorting your mu out proper and buying ethans bighorn with solid axle hilux up front, swapping bits over, parting out the rest and you'll probably make money out of it and get some spare parts and an intercooler....

The only wat to sort out his Mu would be to get rid of it and buy something with either a Nissan or Toyota badge on the front> :)

sibainmud
Hard Yaka

Postby sibainmud » Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 pm

monstr wrote:
taitantoyota wrote:how about sorting your mu out proper and buying ethans bighorn with solid axle hilux up front, swapping bits over, parting out the rest and you'll probably make money out of it and get some spare parts and an intercooler....

The only wat to sort out his Mu would be to get rid of it and buy something with either a Nissan or Toyota badge on the front> :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trade up from the PooMu 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I keep looking for the loose nut behind the wheel, but I can't find it!!

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Postby SP450andLE » Sun May 01, 2011 6:21 pm

monstr wrote:

Or Lada :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tomsoffroad wrote:None of us know what we are doing really. But thats how you get experience.

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Postby Drurban » Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

SP450andLE wrote:
monstr wrote:

I HAVE YET TO SEE BOTH OF YOUR LADA'S GOING so I think you should keep quit, at least mine is going. :lol:

sibainmud
Hard Yaka

Postby sibainmud » Sun May 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Drurban wrote:
SP450andLE wrote:
monstr wrote:The only wat to sort out his Mu would be to get rid of it and buy something with either a Nissan or Toyota badge on the front> :)

I HAVE YET TO SEE BOTH OF YOUR LADA'S GOING so I think you should keep quit, at least mine is going. :lol:

Don't throw stones when you live in a glasshouse :lol: :lol:
I keep looking for the loose nut behind the wheel, but I can't find it!!

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Postby Drurban » Sun May 01, 2011 8:03 pm

monstr wrote:

If I were to ever buy another truck that would be my next choices, but I want to hold on to the Mu a bit longer as it is not history yet, as like with everyone else Iam still working on getting the bugs out, and once I have sorted that out then I have a truck that is decent not tuff truck standard, maybe laurie sanson type stuff.

monstr
Hard Yaka

Postby monstr » Sun May 01, 2011 8:05 pm

I HAVE YET TO SEE BOTH OF YOUR LADA'S GOING so I think you should keep quit, at least mine is going. :lol:[/quote]

As long as it doesnt need to be in 4wd :lol:

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Postby SP450andLE » Sun May 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Drurban wrote:I HAVE YET TO SEE BOTH OF YOUR LADA'S GOING so I think you should keep quit, at least mine is going. :lol:

Hey! One's going. Trouble is, it keeps going and doesn't stop... :roll: :lol:
tomsoffroad wrote:None of us know what we are doing really. But thats how you get experience.

mud_slinger
Hard Yaka

Postby mud_slinger » Mon May 02, 2011 6:44 pm

what i have found with cv's is run factory ones, go to a wrecker and purchase 2nd hand ones, they are strong where as your cheap after market ones arent strong. i havent snapped a factory one with 34's and a welded front diff.

are you buying complete wheel bearing kits and running all the correct seals and tightened correctly and running the right grease?
needs more curry

Return to “Isuzu”